Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thread Removals

Okay, it's the second time my thread gets removed without warning or explanation. I just come back, click on the notification and get the "Permission error". I understand my posts might've been "not funny" for some people, but it was posted in off-topic for a reason.

If my posts are so offensive they get nuked without a word, I'd love to have a notification at least or a screenshot of the replies or ANYTHING. Else I'll start thinking DE is located in North Korea.

Send the links to the threads in question to a ComMod, and he'll be able to help you.

The most often, topics are hidden because of obvious reasons (rule breaking, obvious inappropriate content), so the ComMod doesn't bother to tell why, cause he considers that the member aware the problem.

Note that a ComMod won't appreciate to be sought for a moderated thread which was clearly against the rules, so be nice when asking informations, for your own good ^^

I personnally inform the OP by PM when the reason may not appear obvious to him. I guess/hope the other ComMod do the same.

Send the links to the threads in question to a ComMod, and he'll be able to help you.

The most often, topics are hidden because of obvious reasons (rule breaking, obvious inappropriate content), so the ComMod doesn't bother to tell why, cause he considers that the member aware the problem.

Note that a ComMod won't appreciate to be sought for a moderated thread which was clearly against the rules, so be nice when asking informations, for your own good ^^

I personnally inform the OP by PM when the reason may not appear obvious to him. I guess/hope the other ComMod do the same.

Hmm. Well, now that you mention it, the post might've been controversial and sensitive, and the title didn't clearly reflect the contents, which is why I'd rather follow your precaution and not bother a Commod about it. But still, I posted it in off-topic, isn't this place less prone to such strict moderation? I mean it's off-top for a reason, clearly we should be able to handle some mature-ish jokes and hints.

I mean General is flooded with topics that have to do nothing with anything.. eh. I'm just rambling at this point. In any case, thank you for the constructive answer, I'll keep it in mind next time I want to share something mildly entertaining.

Hmm. Well, now that you mention it, the post might've been controversial and sensitive, and the title didn't clearly reflect the contents, which is why I'd rather follow your precaution and not bother a Commod about it. But still, I posted it in off-topic, isn't this place less prone to such strict moderation? I mean it's off-top for a reason, clearly we should be able to handle some mature-ish jokes and hints.

I mean General is flooded with topics that have to do nothing with anything.. eh. I'm just rambling at this point. In any case, thank you for the constructive answer, I'll keep it in mind next time I want to share something mildly entertaining.

Off Topic is off topic, yes, but it still must remain true to all rules and guidelines.

Off Topic is off topic, yes, but it still must remain true to all rules and guidelines.

This.

Off topic doesn't mean it's ok to act like in the jungle/far west.

In off topic, we are more tolerant towards jokes and relaxed conversations. But we still take actions against insulting behaviors, dirty words, rude or subversive attitudes.

We are your reckoning, and each and every crime will end punished. You cannot hide from us eternally, Tenno!

But we still take actions against insulting behaviors, dirty words, rude or subversive attitudes.

Never said any of my posts contained that. One post had a screenshot of someone's Kubrow being called "Adolf Hitler" (something I REALLY think the devs should look into, cause it might be offensive to people - instead, my thread got deleted); the other post had a bit of a kinky joke in it - also got deleted. I'd just like to know where exactly the line is if that kind of thing is prohibited.

How does one find the link to a deleted post? Serious question, since I'm relatively inexperienced in forum things.

I'll quote your OP:

I just come back, click on the notification and get the "Permission error".

copy the redirection link in your notification center instead of clicking on it, it should allow you to get the link to paste in your PM.

And FYI, we NEVER delete threads. We hide them.

So the thread still exists, it's just that only ComMods and Admins can see them.

I'll quote your OP:

copy the redirection link in your notification center instead of clicking on it, it should allow you to get the link to paste in your PM.

And FYI, we NEVER delete threads. We hide them.

So the thread still exists, it's just that only ComMods and Admins can see them.

Well, here's the problem - the comments from my other threads put the hidden one so far away that it won't show up in my notifications anymore...

At least it's comforting to know it still exists. My heart feels lighter to learn that my babe is still out there somewhere..~

Once again, thank you for your patience and the explanation.