Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You Can Customize Apperance, What About Sound Effect?

Zeitzbach

Beside the visual, one of the reasons a weapon is used (assuming it's decent enough), is because of the sound effect. Who doesn't like it when you press that M1 and you go "Bang bang bang"? It makes your gun feel powerful. It makes it feel like "If this hit, it hurts!"

But then, we have some gun that sounds like pea shooter.

Example is Attica

Although its stat is meh, with some Forma, it can be used for a while even in T4. The moment I saw it, I was like "I must have this. It looks so cool" and after such a long time, I finally decided to craft it and have it on my Ash as part of his preferred weapon of choice along with Despair (planned) and Fang prime.

After I potato'd it, I went into a game and shoot some grineers to level it. Since it's a big crossbow with a rather slow fire rate, I expected it to sound like "Crank... BANG!". If anyone around here ever played Elderscroll Online before and used the Fighter's Guild "Silver bolt" skill, tha's the kind of sound effect I'm talking about.

But no. It goes

"Pew"

"Pew"

"Pew"

And I was like " :/ "

At least the Hikou goes "Woosh woosh woosh" to make it sounds like it's fast so it's fun to use. This one? Why is my crossbow a peashooter? From that moment, I decided to throw away the Forma build I planned and just went "I'm just going to level it to max, keep it equipped and use only despair when I get it."

Would be awesome if we can actually change the way our weapon firing sound will be like at the bottom of the appearance box as well. Like, Crossbow and Bows would have a sound effect they can share. Assault rifle will share their own packs. DE can even try and sell some Sound Effect pack in the future after this.

It could work, but heavy quality assurance will be needed, lest a crossbow shooting sound in the pack somehow sounds like a rocket launcher firing. 

And I think this would be more suitable in Sound Feedback for a larger chance for the sound developers to see this and consider.

Edited by Renegade343

I'd say that some sounds could use a little rework, but creating sound packs seems rather unnecessary. You can imagine the sheer amount of work it would surmount to for the sound team. Although I do agree that the Attica could have a more classic feel than it currently does.

It could work, but heavy quality assurance will be needed, lest a crossbow shooting sound in the pack somehow sounds like a rocket launcher firing. 

And I think this would be more suitable in Sound Feedback for a larger chance for the sound developers to see this and consider.

Rocket laucher sound on a bow would be dumb indeed. However, like how accessory work, the sound could easily be treated the same way. Certain Syndana is shared across the board while some is specific class restricted. They could assigned the sound to each type accordingly and make you choose from that list.

I'd say that some sounds could use a little rework, but creating sound packs seems rather unnecessary. You can imagine the sheer amount of work it would surmount to for the sound team. Although I do agree that the Attica could have a more classic feel than it currently does.

If some sounds do get a rework, there will always be a group that hate the changes. They could even slap the reworked sound into a pack instead. Having more choice when it comes to cosmetic is always a good thing. Even if it can take half a year for a new sound pack, it's better than nothing. It will be kind of like the weapon skin. No one really care about them and they barely make any but despite that, the team still make them anyway and some people do buy them.

Rocket laucher sound on a bow would be dumb indeed. However, like how accessory work, the sound could easily be treated the same way. Certain Syndana is shared across the board while some is specific class restricted. They could assigned the sound to each type accordingly and make you choose from that list.

Yes, but it still needs heavy quality assurance to ensure that it still makes some sort of sense.