Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Change The Ammo Percentages Of Each Weapon. Semi Auto's Will Never Run Out. Full Auto Pistols Won't Last A Minute.

Innocent_Flower

Just think It'd be a nice feature, fairly easy to implement, to have weapons multiply their max ammo and the amount of ammo they receive from ammo boxes based on how quickly they go through ammo. 

Like if the braton had three times the ammo of the latron, or if  vipers had ten times more ammo than the lex. (numbers obviously subject to change) Because some weapons just won't run out of ammo (penta) and others just won't last at all. If someone with a vasto walks over a pistol ammo box, they will pick up less ammo than someone with a furis. 

max ammo size mods can work on top of this. 

A simple addition that isn't terribly difficult to create. 

Universal ammunition could easily be explained away via munitions fabricators of some sort.

This would honestly be for the better, really, even though it would nullify the purpose of mutation mods. It's just that weapon ammunition needs to be revised as a whole.

I think it is fine as it is. It balances op weapons more if they drain very quick and gives you a challenge to mod around.

Ogris

Penta

Angstrum

Marelok

so on

so forth

Op weapons drain no slower than other weapons. If anything, the weapons that are weaker tend to drain faster. Like the furis or the viper. 

Edited by Innocent_Flower

Ogris

Penta

Angstrum

Marelok

so on

so forth

Op weapons drain no slower than other weapons. If anything, the weapons that are weaker tend to drain faster. Like the furis or the viper. 

Take Marelok out of there.

I got no qualms if you put the Brakk there though since the Brakk does far more DPS than the Marelok can hope for.

Take Marelok out of there.

I got no qualms if you put the Brakk there though since the Brakk does far more DPS than the Marelok can hope for.

Ehhh both are fine, super strong, but fine, i actually i an pretty sure that due to insane status chance the marelok is better overall, no nerfs though, just pointing out.

As for thread, like i said in another similar one revolving machine pistols or even LMGs: what's even the point of bringing those guns to combat if they run out of ammo before wave 5 in T4s...that was a hypebole, but still, some of us love the concept of machine pistols, fell more identified with said weapon class, such as myself, why force a ogris down my throat? An angstrum?

Edited by (PS4)DanteVincent

I agree that something should be done about the ammo situations in the game. I enjoy guns like the Soma, Akstillito, Twin Viper, Grakata, etc, but they all require ammo mutation mods (at least for me as my aim isn't that amazing). The Grakata, even with it's larger than normal ammo stock, burns through it rapidly, and the same can be said for my Twin Vipers, Soma, etc. I'm not sure how DE should approach this issue, but i believe something should be done about it, mostly because i'm getting tired of my survival mission consisting of a large amount of "ammo hunting" or dropping ammo restores and waiting to get enough to go out and kill more. 

Just think It'd be a nice feature, fairly easy to implement, to have weapons multiply their max ammo and the amount of ammo they receive from ammo boxes based on how quickly they go through ammo. 

Like if the braton had three times the ammo of the latron, or if  vipers had ten times more ammo than the lex. (numbers obviously subject to change) Because some weapons just won't run out of ammo (penta) and others just won't last at all. If someone with a vasto walks over a pistol ammo box, they will pick up less ammo than someone with a furis. 

max ammo size mods can work on top of this. 

A simple addition that isn't terribly difficult to create. 

I do have the whole thing worked out, if you like to see it. 

Rather than wasting your time trying to do that for ALL the weapons that could take you to Mastery 30.

Yes that is possibly 10,000 guns frames sentinel doge, aliens, parrots, dragons whatever total.

Just sort them to categories and assign ammo amounts to each category like assault rifles, heavy rifles, Handcannons (brakk, Detron etc) Heavy Pistols (lex. marelok, vastos) machine pistols (viper, furis etc) etc.

It is a lot easier this way for DE.

Then they can set the ammo pick up amount for each category as well.

Like machine pistols having a pick up rating for 40% of their magazine count while heavy and hand cannons get 25%.

Doing it indicidualy wouldn't be much more work for DE. If anything creating categories and setting them would be more work. And it'd probably be better too do this for individual guns, rather than groups of similar-but-not-quite guns. 

Mastery rank 30.

You gonna do it manually for over 1000 guns. I think that is quite silly.

I say that is a bad idea not to use categories.

Also categories already exist. Long before DE locked up their data, people data mined and found out weapons already have categories. Just that DE don't stick it in your face.

Bows and Snipers might share the same ammo pool but they are categorized differently. That is why they have special mods assigned to them like Thunderbolt/Charged Chamber/ Prime chamber that are not interchangeable.

And I believe DE is not so silly as to need to tag each mod specifically to each gun when considering they are going to expand the sniper rifle pool significantly with the Sniper rifle buff. And with 30 Mastery ranks, manual adjustment is foolish at best.

Edited by fatpig84

But semi auto rifles, high damage full autos and low damage,very fast firing full autos don't have their own categories. 

also, it's no harder to write "300%" or "1.50%" or ".75" or whatever they use than it is to write "Sniper" by their name.  Furthermore even with a 'sniper' category you'd have the issue of comparing the big powerful guy with one shot and the less powerful sniper that has six shots. 

Furthermore de don't release more than four weapons at a time. 

But semi auto rifles, high damage full autos and low damage,very fast firing full autos don't have their own categories. 

also, it's no harder to write "300%" or "1.50%" or ".75" or whatever they use than it is to write "Sniper" by their name.  Furthermore even with a 'sniper' category you'd have the issue of comparing the big powerful guy with one shot and the less powerful sniper that has six shots. 

Furthermore de don't release more than four weapons at a time. 

Like I said DE can add them.

They already exist in fact, so adding them to the list can be done.

Like the Grakata which is considered an SMG with 675 ammo.

It is transparent to players as we will only see it as primaries.

But DE can see their innate categories.

And to work on ammo 2.0, first you balance out ammo across the board.

Then you further proceed to fine tweak individual weapons in their class.

Like the Ogris, Torid and Penta. All have 540 ammo, but Ogris and Penta beat the torid on damage.

Fix the ammo count for all these weapons then see how can you bring up the Torid to be on par with the other launchers.

Seems like it would be pretty simple to do if DE based it off the total number of theoretical full reloads you can carry. 

For instance, say they set the number at 12, each Tenno can carry 12 reloads of a rifle(representing 12 physical clips.magazines a Tenno could carry)

A Braton would get 45*12= 540 Total Ammo

Whereas a Latron would get 15*12= 180 Total Ammo.

I'm sure it would need to be a bit more complicated than that. Likely over buff the hell out of larger clip size weapons, things that have 100 shots would get 1200 ammo. They could set a hard ceiling,though rounded up to the closest full clip size. So something like the Soma might not see a change, or just get maxed out at 600 ammo(Six full clips)

They could go further if they designated it by theoretical physical size of the ammo. Energy(125%), Small(100%), Medium(75%), Large(50%) for instance. Like the Soma's supposed to have small bullets, hence it's low base damage; so it would have a small clip size and you could carry more of them. It's counterpart the Gorgon though, has larger, heavier bullets so it's clips should theoretically be larger and you could carry less of them.Energy weapons aren't constrained by physical size, so they get a bonus

So something like.."Clip Capacity * Total Clips *  Clip Size"

Supra - (90 * 12) * 1.25(125% Energy Bonus)=  1350 Ammo

Soma - (100 * 12) * .1(100% Small) = 1200 Ammo

Gorgon -  (90 * 12) *.75(75% Medium) = 810 Ammo

Latron - (15 * 12)* .50(50% Large) = 90 Ammo.

That might be to much of a nerf to something like the Latron, or it might be just right. You can one shot anything on the map, but you have to be quick and smart with your ammo resources. Making sure to scavenge what you can off the battlefield. I'm sure there are 15 million holes in that idea, but I'm just throwing stuff out there.

Edited by Haelkyon