Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People Want An Excalibur Buff?

Nxai

If you can claim that excal only has one "viable" move, you have not come anywhere close to mastering him.

no I know what his powers are capable of doing, super jump is useful, so is slash dash are good for getting around, but slash dash isnt good in high lvl and t3 t4 void. radial javelin dose good damage but again not in high lvl and t3 t4 void. Also the fact that radial javelin only hit 15 enemies while all other frames aoe abilities hit everyone. 

Buff needed. Excalibur is in dire straights compared to other frames; while he is a starter frame, Scott envisions all frames to be playable at all levels of the game which is why he continually looks at frames, new and old. But no attention ever seems to fall on poor old Excalibur. 

He is playable at every level I have fully unlocked every planet in the game using only him.

so we should just settle with the one usefull ability and the subpar other ones. I have mastered him and have a radial blind build that owns but I want all of his abilities to be just as viable like most of the other frames that dont need any kind of buff. radial javelin is only good from mid tier to begining of high tier. 

Radial Javelin is fine when used within close proximity because the javelins make enemy's fly back which in turn kills more super jump can be combined with heavy impact to make a short-medium range AOE shock wave that knocks down units and deals decent damage in fact when combined with weapons that have a large jump attack AOE like the silva&aegis you can do up to or over 1,000 damage to multiple I will agree slash dash could use some buffing like maybe make it activate a slash or puncture proc when it hits enemies or something as that power is pretty weak all the other ones though are pretty balanced.

Edited by Archangelzz

He is playable at every level I have fully unlocked every planet in the game using only him.

what? you want a prize for that?

i dont disagree that you may have done so...back to the topic though. he's pretty poor in t4 and high end t3's. you are missing the point, along with the rest of the elitist crew here who are saying "oh i've mastered excalibur. he don't need anything. all of you complaining are noobs."  disgusting discrimination. apparently the rest of us here don't play excalibur at all and don't love him; which makes our concerns stupid rite? 

=\

Super Jump should not be dependent on a specific mod in order to "do anything" to enemies on the field of battle. claiming that's a bonus to excalibur is ludicrous. Radial blind is a far cry from being the most powerful CC in the game with the likes of Vortex and even Undertow appearing. 

ppl who claim radial blind is his only viable move are correct given that its spammable, and the only ability that "feels" like it scales well, but i mean...you can say that about any CC ability. this alone does not make the entire frame one that is on-par with newer frames. in contrast, ppl also make fun of excalibur because that's all he's known for in the void. it's a shame when a frame gets treatment like that.

Radial Javelin scales poorly and is counter productive to use in t4's and t3's. given the proximity it needs to work, it doesnt do nearly enough knockback and damage to make it a rewarding ability. all you've done is put yourself in a group of mobs. but i suppose you can jump out rite?

its just poor scaling...that nerf to it now seems like a bad idea; at least it would have hit more enemies if they didnt nerf the ability so long ago.

and that is the problem that exists with excalibur. he's stuck with an archaic kit that has not been properly redefined to fit the demanding and growing demands of enemies that we now face and will face in the future. it is why ppl no longer use him in t4's and t3's. his skills need a look at again and his super jump needs a rework/more utility.  

what? you want a prize for that?

i dont disagree that you may have done so...back to the topic though. he's pretty poor in t4 and high end t3's. you are missing the point, along with the rest of the elitist crew here who are saying "oh i've mastered excalibur. he don't need anything. all of you complaining are noobs."  disgusting discrimination. apparently the rest of us here don't play excalibur at all and don't love him; which makes our concerns stupid rite? 

=\

Super Jump should not be dependent on a specific mod in order to "do anything" to enemies on the field of battle. claiming that's a bonus to excalibur is ludicrous. Radial blind is a far cry from being the most powerful CC in the game with the likes of Vortex and even Undertow appearing. 

ppl who claim radial blind is his only viable move are correct given that its spammable, and the only ability that "feels" like it scales well, but i mean...you can say that about any CC ability. this alone does not make the entire frame one that is on-par with newer frames. in contrast, ppl also make fun of excalibur because that's all he's known for in the void. it's a shame when a frame gets treatment like that.

Radial Javelin scales poorly and is counter productive to use in t4's and t3's. given the proximity it needs to work, it doesnt do nearly enough knockback and damage to make it a rewarding ability. all you've done is put yourself in a group of mobs. but i suppose you can jump out rite?

its just poor scaling...that nerf to it now seems like a bad idea; at least it would have hit more enemies if they didnt nerf the ability so long ago.

and that is the problem that exists with excalibur. he's stuck with an archaic kit that has not been properly redefined to fit the demanding and growing demands of enemies that we now face and will face in the future. it is why ppl no longer use him in t4's and t3's. his skills need a look at again and his super jump needs a rework/more utility.  

easy on the bashing, not because some1 has a different opinion that he s an elitist A-hole

superjump doesn t do anything to ennemies w/o heavy impact, so what? it s not supposed to, it s a mobility move, highly useful to escape from/chase ennemies. sure i  d like to do the same w/o heavy impact mod though.

radial blind is 1 of the most powerful CC of the game, undertow & vortex affect mobs in a specific area, put a stretch with radial blind & you stop the whole map.priceless in surv or defs when the whole map is shooting at you

radial javelin does scale poorly that s true. I only use it after i stop the map with RB, it could use a huge buff I agree

& slash dash is fine, not much to change on this one, great dmg/mobility skill

all in all, I agree that he could use some rework, but it s not as dark as you make it appear I feel

side note: I use it in t3/t4, & the 100 or so guys I revived/saved from being mobbed to death with RB are very grateful, superjump was also very useful when fighting team on different floors & I needed to get to them quickly

remember, no bashing coz my opinion is different please

Edited by manub

easy on the bashing, not because some1 has a different opinion that he s an elitist A-hole

superjump doesn t do anything to ennemies w/o heavy impact, so what? it s not supposed to, it s a mobility move, highly useful to escape from/chase ennemies. sure i  d like to do the same w/o heavy impact mod though.

radial blind is 1 of the most powerful CC of the game, undertow & vortex affect mobs in a specific area, put a stretch with radial blind & you stop the whole map.priceless in surv or defs when the whole map is shooting at you

radial javelin does scale poorly that s true. I only use it after i stop the map with RB, it could use a huge buff I agree

& slash dash is fine, not much to change on this one, great dmg/mobility skill

all in all, I agree that he could use some rework, but it s not as dark as you make it appear I feel

side note: I use it in t3/t4, & the 100 or so guys I revived/saved from being mobbed to death with RB are very grateful, superjump was also very useful when fighting team on different floors & I needed to get to them quickly

remember, no bashing coz my opinion is different please

I still feel super jump could at least stun enemies close to him when he jump or lands that would make it VERY fun to use. slash dash damage scales pretty much like all direct damage #1s. Radial Blind Is one of the best CCs becasue it hits enemies all round you in a certain distance, also attacking blinded enemies give you crits, as well as you are able to preform finishers on blinded enemies. And Javelin is.... crap. 

Excalibur is powerful, but come on, this does nt mean he doesnot need a buff, his ultimate is utter crap, Easily one of the worst, if not even the worst ultimate there is to any frame, no one that uses excalibur properly, use either this or slash dash.++

Also, @Senketsu id pretty right, only radial blind is a competitive skill, trust me I have tried all kinds of builds with excalibur, corrupted, common, melee, weird ones, I have done every practical or theoretical build possible. And that's why I can say that, his only good ability is radial blind. Superjump is just a shortcutter but nothing else, his stats are not a balance between the frames, its more like basic stats all around. He needs 3 new abilities, or serious utility buffs on them. 

Scott is planing to add utility to all abilities, so we might just wait. But trust me there is no reason to wear all of his abilities in any case. 

Good balance in frame abilities are shown in the amount of useful abilities they have. ie:

Volt- All four of them bring something, maybe due to damage type, but they are good.

Vauban- All four of them, with the trampoline being optional, 

Nyx- three good abilities

Rhino- 3-4 good abilities, and his 1 is much more stronger than excalibur and faster WTF

Valkyre- 3-4 good abilities.

Excalibur 1 1/2 goob abilities-- tell me how balanced is that

Edited by Hayzemet