Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Sector Reward Baiting

Arabaxus

I have seen several Alliances with abnormally high battle pays which don't actually pay out at the end thanks to this "baiting", which in any case should be considered unfair practice. May I suggest that during conflicts you can only set battle pay once every 30 minutes, and that, for example, if I ran an Alliance, and I set the battle pay at 20,000 credits, my reserve would have to contain at least 2,000,000 credits or 1,000,000 credits, (100 or 50 players' worth of runs) so that it is ensured that players who choose to support a specific rail actually get paid by said clan or alliance without getting yiffed?

I don't want to name names but I'm pretty sure many of you know who I'm specifically referring to due to their common nature of using this practice all the time.

Thanks for reading.

Hi, let me just explain something here. Your idea, yea, it sounds nice right?

So you put in 100 players worth of pay.

120 players run your rail. What happens? 20 people don't get paid. Now lets put that up to ridiculous pay that's going on lately.

you put up 100K pay on a rail, the reserve has 20 million in it. That's enough for 200 players, 200 players in a game that has over 3 million players, and every single person that looks at that rail is going to say "I want that money." Do you see the disconnect happening here? 200 people get they're 100k out of the probable 1000 that ran for it. This is not pay baiting, this is demand. 

Hi, let me just explain something here. Your idea, yea, it sounds nice right?

So you put in 100 players worth of pay.

120 players run your rail. What happens? 20 people don't get paid. Now lets put that up to ridiculous pay that's going on lately.

you put up 100K pay on a rail, the reserve has 20 million in it. That's enough for 200 players, 200 players in a game that has over 3 million players, and every single person that looks at that rail is going to say "I want that money." Do you see the disconnect happening here? 200 people get they're 100k out of the probable 1000 that ran for it. This is not pay baiting, this is demand. 

This.

• 2 months later...

I agree. It must not be allowed for Alliances to reserve more than what they offer, else there is no meaning for solo players to support them and participate. They will gain great bonuses if they dominate a Dark Sector by taking portion of every player's credits and resources. If you ask me, I think that there should be a financial risk for every Alliance (you know 'The winner takes it all. The looser's standing small.' kind of thing).

Edited by Gregzboy95

You must know, i always get my credits because i sit next to the source of information which is why pay baiting doesn't exist for me.

And For me, there is no problem at all because I'm the 1% with this advantage.

So what's pay baiting in your opinion? Or better: when does it start(reserve/battlepay/amount of tickets)?
I allow you(ONLY the OP) to name ICE because i'm a Warlord of Eximus Tenno a co-founder clan of ICE :-)

Show me 2 or 3 ICE-Conflict histories (if there is one) and tell me what you rate a bait. Go ahead.

I want to read a sentence like " I accuse ICE for paybaiting here [link to conflict] and there[ ...] for pay baiting, because [of reasons...]".

a detailed reason would be nice.

So feel free to name ICE(without ranting :) )

Don't expect an answer, i'm just curious what you rate as a bait. (other clans/alliances will read it, too)

maybe there is a magic number of minium amount of tickets per players on a certain node.

is there a difference between pay baiting of attackers and defenders?

And in my opinion it's a "problem" DE can't fix for you. DE can change the system, but not the human beeings behind their computers.

If they change this someone else will complain about that and so on...

You might rate this as bait because you dont have the information others have:

-when we have to say "thank you" to our alliance mates and tell them how high the battlepay will be in x minutes.

-when someone in clan xy needs credits and we pay them a few credits.

-when the tactitian still plays a ds pvp mission because he needs credits, too.  => battlepay is running out => no one gets paid.
 (this happens a lot)

-when the tactitian assumes, that the opponent has a lot of credits why he only sets up 50-100 tickets to be able to react fast enough.

-when hundrets of ppl play for one side and the tactitian cant keep up posting battlepay (sometimes >300tickets are gone within 5-15 minutes)

If smaller alliances united and struck as a single force - like how the green lantern core combined their "Will Power" into the form of giant stake, which killed "Death", himself - similarly any alliance will fall. 

I used to believed the player base would support what is "right" and protect communities that have demonstrated "integrity" - and for the most part, I still believe this - But I was also wrong because I did not factor in the short sighted-ness and greed. What some players need to recognize is that making 200k battle pay could have been 500k gaining experience on an untaxed node.

Although I thank everyone who joined when I posted my call to arms thread. I will be continuing those regardless, because we need every able bodied tenno (will be posted in the off topics section).  

Red

Edited by REDHOOOD

What some players need to recognize is that making 200k battle pay could have been 500k gaining experience on an untaxed node.

Because the 200k bp took me 5-10 mins to make and that 500k took me 2 hours on Sechura without a booster....I dont see your point

Because the 200k bp took me 5-10 mins to make and that 500k took me 2 hours on Sechura without a booster....I dont see your point

That is - if you win - good DS fights can take up to 40 mins. 

I'll see you on the battle field and bring your best stuff. 

Red

Typical DS matches last anywhere from 5-15 mins. The only time I have ever been in a match that lasted 40 mins is when I was trolling the defenders ignoring all objectives and farming kills.

Also even if you fail you still get half of the battlepay, 50k credits is nothing to laugh at.

Typical DS matches last anywhere from 5-15 mins. The only time I have ever been in a match that lasted 40 mins is when I was trolling the defenders ignoring all objectives and farming kills.

Also even if you fail you still get half of the battlepay, 50k credits is nothing to laugh at.

"so you have all this power and you kill for money" - Jason Todd, Red hood

I believe that quote says it all. Farming people for kills is not cool. That type of behaviour is the reason why I choose to spawn camp them back, which is a fact I am not proud of.  

I'll see you in Dark sector conflicts.

Red

Edit: I knew this name was appropriate for this game. 

Edited by REDHOOOD

"so you have all this power and you kill for money" - Jason Todd, Red hood

I believe that quote says it all. Farming people for kills is not cool. That type of behaviour is the reason why I choose to spawn camp them back, which is a fact I am not proud of.  

I'll see you in Dark sector conflicts.

Red

Edit: I knew this name was appropriate for this game. 

"If your good at something never do it for free" - Joker

Spawn camping is not cool. That type of behavior is the reason I choose to ignore objectives and farm kills, that fact I am proud of.

*insert generic one liner*

*insert generic signature*

Edited by -ExT-Skitz0

"If your good at something never do it for free" - Joker

Spawn camping is not cool. That type of behavior is the reason I choose to ignore objectives and farm kills, that fact I am proud of.

*insert generic one liner*

*insert generic signature*

Now that you have established yourself as a troll. 

Generic one liner: Talk is cheap, see you in the battle field. 

Generic signature: Red 

I have seen several Alliances with abnormally high battle pays which don't actually pay out at the end thanks to this "baiting", which in any case should be considered unfair practice. May I suggest that during conflicts you can only set battle pay once every 30 minutes, and that, for example, if I ran an Alliance, and I set the battle pay at 20,000 credits, my reserve would have to contain at least 2,000,000 credits or 1,000,000 credits, (100 or 50 players' worth of runs) so that it is ensured that players who choose to support a specific rail actually get paid by said clan or alliance without getting yiffed?

I don't want to name names but I'm pretty sure many of you know who I'm specifically referring to due to their common nature of using this practice all the time.

Point is that when you see those amounts for brief moments of time, say 10 tickets or what not, it is normally an alliances way to spread the wealth to members of their alliance for helping to run and support their rails, IT IS NOT BEING DONE TO DECEIVE YOU ,in fact a lot of times when this is done it is on rails that they never intend to run battle pay at all. You have to understand that a lot of times alliance members defend or attack rails without battle pay to save their alliance credits in the long run. Their is nothing wrong with the way things are now, when the tickets run out, they run out. If you want to be a part of things like that, you should become involved with a clan and alliance that supports each other and are serious about defending and supporting their rails.  

Point is that when you see those amounts for brief moments of time, say 10 tickets or what not, it is normally an alliances way to spread the wealth to members of their alliance for helping to run and support their rails, IT IS NOT BEING DONE TO DECEIVE YOU ,in fact a lot of times when this is done it is on rails that they never intend to run battle pay at all. You have to understand that a lot of times alliance members defend or attack rails without battle pay to save their alliance credits in the long run. Their is nothing wrong with the way things are now, when the tickets run out, they run out. If you want to be a part of things like that, you should become involved with a clan and alliance that supports each other and are serious about defending and supporting their rails.  

YES!

Tsk, tsk, tsk,

Arabaxus, why are you always against good old profiteering.

Well, as a member of an Alliance I will say the following.

The high-battle pay IS paid out. However we don't always get a slice of the pie. I only got 1.4 million today :/ I was hoping to hit 2 million, but our dear attackers kept on disconnecting, which was rather unfair really, they should have taken their punishment like true Tenno.

I did however finally have an honourable battle and I was destroyed by these Tenno since they fought with vigor and tactics. It was quite the battle I must admit :)

Ah well, complaints will be complaints. I shall enjoy being a part of the 1%, the feeling is really quite amazing, to know that you can enjoy the fruits of labour ^^ Well...the labour of others that is.

Edit: Oh I must add. We always get an alert telling us what the battle-pay will be. As such, we are privy to the opening reserve. It is usually enough for an hour of conflict and at least 300 or more...tickets was it?

Edited by Semshol