Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For De - Kubro Dna Stabilizers Easy Fix

(PSN)DesecratedFlame

The name change does not fix the core problem: 

Players lose progress if they fail to keep up with the upkeep. That is the root of the problem. 

People complain about lore of having to stabilze the Kubro DNA.  This change is very simple to implement, handles the lore complaints, and is still very sci-fi like in terms of dog food.

People complain about lore of having to stabilze the Kubro DNA.  This change is very simple to implement, handles the lore complaints, and is still very sci-fi like in terms of dog food.

That is not the point. 

The point is: A mechanism that will make the player lose progress when said player cannot pay upkeep is not fine for Warframe (or most games). Not whether or not it is food or not. Most players (and members of the forums) want the mechanism changed. Not the name change. 

That is not the point. 

The point is: A mechanism that will make the player lose progress when said player cannot pay upkeep is not fine for Warframe (or most games). Not whether or not it is food or not. Most players (and members of the forums) want the mechanism changed. Not the name change. 

The primary counterpoints to those folks' complaints is that it's 100,000 credits for 12 days worth of puppy-chow (which honestly is not hard at all to get) and that if folks think they won't be playing much for a week or more they can always put their Kubrow in stasis.

Heck, they could put their Kubrow in stasis when they sign off and as long as they don't sign in for at least 3 hours they can revive the Kubrow immediately.

That is not the point. 

Just have Kubros, that get down to the lowest stability, put into stasis automatically. We have already discussed this, pal.

The primary counterpoints to those folks' complaints is that it's 100,000 credits for 12 days worth of puppy-chow (which honestly is not hard at all to get) and that if folks think they won't be playing much for a week or more they can always put their Kubrow in stasis.

Heck, they could put their Kubrow in stasis when they sign off and as long as they don't sign in for at least 3 hours they can revive the Kubrow immediately.

It is not about whether the credit cost is high or not (although that may have a small factor).

It is about making players feel a bit forced to login just to care for it (which the current mechanism does feel). 

I am neither supporting to keep the mechanism as it is, nor dump it entirely. I am supporting to keep the mechanism, but also tweak it so it encourages players to log in every day to care for their Kubrow (a popular idea would be swapping Loyalty and Health degradation, in which I did have my own spin on it). 

Just have Kubros, that get down to the lowest stability, put into stasis automatically. We have already discussed this, pal.

Yes, I know there is that idea around (and I do see the value of it), but what you are suggesting in this thread is just change the name without changing the mechanics whatsoever. 

Yes, I know there is that idea around (and I do see the value of it), but what you are suggesting in this thread is just change the name without changing the mechanics whatsoever. 

That is because that other thread is covering the fail-safe for Kubros when something unexpected happens.  This thread is more for the lore complaints about DNA degradation. Different threads for different aspects.

That is because that other thread is covering the fail-safe for Kubros when something unexpected happens.  This thread is more for the lore complaints about DNA degradation. Different threads for different aspects.

In which you should combine it (or at least say 'In conjunction to this...'), because what your thread is now showing (or heavily indicating) to members is you think that just by changing the name, it would fix the root of the problem (which will not). 

In which you should combine it (or at least say 'In conjunction to this...'), because what your thread is now showing (or heavily indicating) to members is you think that just by changing the name, it would fix the root of the problem (which will not). 

If the mods want to make a Mega-thread then that is their responsibility and prerogative, not mine, or yours.

And it will help with one of the root complaints.

The latter (no pun intended lol) being the problem, sometimes i just wanna play something else and then come back to warframe wanting for more and i will not be able to get my kubrow from stasis, then again i am probably at a point of the game where credits are far from an issue, but then this very same mechanic won't let me change kubrows, and, like many others have said, it is kinda pointless to offer a variety of kubrows designed for different means if it takes 3h or plat to simply change them.

If the mods want to make a Mega-thread then that is their responsibility and prerogative, not mine, or yours.

And it will help with one of the root complaints.

Not the megathread merging. At least say, "In conjunction with this change, we will also have this X thread detailing Y.". 

And it would not fix the root complaints, as whether or not DNA Stabilisers are food or not is not a root concern for the Kubrow System. Even if you do change the name, you are still injecting the Kubrows with something (seen from the image of the DNA Stabilisers), not to mention the fact that your proposed name-change will be a kick to the teeth for some players. Change it to a less inflammatory name, then maybe players would reconsider. 

Not the megathread merging. At least say, "In conjunction with this change, we will also have this X thread detailing Y.". 

And it would not fix the root complaints, as whether or not DNA Stabilisers are food or not is not a root concern for the Kubrow System. Even if you do change the name, you are still injecting the Kubrows with something (seen from the image of the DNA Stabilisers), not to mention the fact that your proposed name-change will be a kick to the teeth for some players. Change it to a less inflammatory name, then maybe players would reconsider. 

Intravenous Nutritional-supplement

It is basically an IV that gives needed nutrition

For Use during Navigation of space

Space (area used up) and weight on spacecraft is very precious.  Because of that, being able to condense food and other things becomes very important.  Being able to feed your dog for weeks on a small pack of nutritional-suppliment shots is infinitely preferable to having to take up space and weight with several large bags of dog chow.

Intravenous Nutritional-supplement

It is basically an IV that gives needed nutrition

For Use during Navigation of space

Space (area used up) and weight on spacecraft is very precious.  Because of that, being able to condense food and other things becomes very important.  Being able to feed your dog for weeks on a small pack of nutritional-suppliment shots is infinitely preferable to having to take up space and weight with several large bags of dog chow.

I am not saying whether the naming, terminology and/or acronym is correct. I am saying that the particular choice of terminology and acronym is rather inflammatory. Please understand. 

I am not saying whether the naming, terminology and/or acronym is correct. I am saying that the particular choice of terminology and acronym is rather inflammatory. Please understand. 

I think you may be taking it too seriously.  It's just a game. A fun naming convention is not out of place here, and naming it something light-hearted like this should help lighten the mood and tensions some people feel about this issue.

I think you may be taking it too seriously.  It's just a game. A fun naming convention is not out of place here, and naming it something light-hearted like this should help lighten the mood and tensions some people feel about this issue.

I personally do not care. But also consider other players as well (and I do think most of them would be rather angry about the name, given the whole issue with Kubrows currently). 

After all, the game is not played by just you. 

This is just semantics. It doesn't fix the core mechanics problem. Again, why is dogfood so expensive? Makes no sense.

It should be like this: Base DNA bonus is 0%. DNA stabiliser can boost this up to +100%, but this will degrade daily until it reaches +0% again.

Being killed in battle will reduce DNA by something like 40‰ and can drop DNA into negative bonus values. If the kubrow is at -100‰ DNA, then next time it gets killed it stays dead.

Loyalty decreases every day you don't log in, too.

Thus, you still have to take care of your kubrow but you get rewarded for taking extra good care of them through the positive health bonus.

Then let them speak for themselves because it is a rather silly what-if scenario that you are advocating.

You do realise the general stance and mood on the forums about the matter on Kubrows, right? Just saying. 

Your proposed name change would pour fuel on the fire. 

You do realise the general stance and mood on the forums about the matter on Kubrows, right? Just saying. 

Yeah, the whole "of course it's a fun mechanic, it's got 'fun' in the name!!" betrays a rather spiteful opinion of your detractors.

This is just semantics. It doesn't fix the core mechanics problem. Again, why is dogfood so expensive? Makes no sense.

It should be like this: Base DNA bonus is 0%. DNA stabiliser can boost this up to +100%, but this will degrade daily until it reaches +0% again.

Being killed in battle will reduce DNA by something like 40‰ and can drop DNA into negative bonus values. If the kubrow is at -100‰ DNA, then next time it gets killed it stays dead.

Loyalty decreases every day you don't log in, too.

Thus, you still have to take care of your kubrow but you get rewarded for taking extra good care of them through the positive health bonus.

Sci-fi dog food is expensive to produce?

In-game mechanic wise, it is not hard to make 8.3k per day.  They also want the feature to keep you logging in daily.  Your proposed change offers nothing to encourage daily logins.

It would stop threads where people complain about 10o not being able to clone properly and about the ethics of breeding cancer into them.

It would stop threads where people complain about 10o not being able to clone properly and about the ethics of breeding cancer into them.

And open up even more threads about players saying that DE(L) is basically giving them the middle finger in the whole matter about Kubrows when they change to that name. 

Make suggestions that would benefit both DE(L) and the players, not making them to start up even more wars.