Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Melee Weapons?

AuraDesru

Question

11 answers to this question

Anything fast, as I've read the claws take their speed from your melee weapon. Look up best attack speeds and go from there.

Or just be like me and bring the Nikana because it's really, really cool. The claws will also take certain mods from your melee weapon, check the wiki.

Dual Kamas I have found to be the best for her, and she is my main, I use her all the time unless leveling another frame, I can get my Dual Kamas up over 2.5 attack speed with warcry - Fury and Berserker, they are so fast i dont even get knocked down by heavies due to my momentum as long as I am mid combo

edit: And venka were pretty fun on her visually but not the speed of DKs, and that ignore knockdown is just irreplaceable to me no matter how awesome the claws look on her....mostly because i like to do long runs of defense against all enemy types, think best ive gotten is bout wave 45 solo on Ceres vs Grineer, that was pretty satisfying XD

Edited by Trouvo

So apparently, Valkyr's Hysteria takes attack speed, critical chance and critical damage from your melee weapon, anything else doesn't affect it as far as I know. So, the melee weapon with the best attack speed and critical stats? Zorens. As fast as Dual Kama if I remember right, but way higher critical chance and damage, so I'd go with that. But really, anything's fine as long as you put Fury, True Steel and Organ Shatter on your melee, because Hysteria takes the stats from the modded values.

So apparently, Valkyr's Hysteria takes attack speed, critical chance and critical damage from your melee weapon, anything else doesn't affect it as far as I know. So, the melee weapon with the best attack speed and critical stats? Zorens. As fast as Dual Kama if I remember right, but way higher critical chance and damage, so I'd go with that. But really, anything's fine as long as you put Fury, True Steel and Organ Shatter on your melee, because Hysteria takes the stats from the modded values.

Kamas and Zoren have same speed but Kamas have a higher base dmg by 12 points for normal dmg and an additional 132 points in slide dmg which makes a larger difference after mods, but zoren does come with a polarity mod slot where kamas do not(according to wiki mine are 4forma'd so idr offhand)

Personallly i dont use hysteria that much so I go with no crit dmg changing mods on my melee so its purely preference

oh and kamas still have the added benefit of momentum XP

Edited by Trouvo

If you're building for Hysteria you'll want to use Dual Cleavers, Dual Zorens, Dual Ichors, or Dragon Nikana, as you get them, worst to best.

DNikana is actually the best weapon for Hysteria damage, but only when using lots of power strength and melee damage. While leveling I would stick to Dual Ichors.