Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow Issues

Fuzzydragon

I understand that this is still early in the life cycle of U14 but a couple of things really get on my nerves with using Kubrows so here is my top 3 things that should be changed or fixed that to improve the my Kubrow experience:

#3The mod system for Kubrows has been broken now since U14 launched as any mods on my Kubrow do not show up in the installed tab meaning I have to sort through all my sentinel mods and guess witch one is actually installed on my kubrow to fuse, not game breaking but its a head ache when starting a new Kubro.

#2 non combat ability's for the most part need to be buffed or perhaps expanded to have more depth for example the Sasha kubrows dig is pretty bad  giving only a piddling few drops and often for stuff I most often didn't need but if say he also looted extra drops from dead enemys or even pulled clips out of the guns of active enemy's forcing them to reload, I would find my shasha much more interesting.

{{#1}} when my brown and green striped kubrow goes down and I hear him yelp for help please put some kind of indicator on the map or over my little  or some times big partners head, I don't feel like playing your sick little game of wheres waldo while my Kubrows life drains out on the floor.

Edited by Fuzzydragon

+1 for everything, DE should definatly implement this, im tired of my kubrow dieing because im trying to find him in the whole freaking map and also kubrows taking out active mags? love the idea.

Edited by Laidaz

I understand that this is still early in the life cycle of U14 but a couple of things really get on my nerves with using Kubrows so here is my top 3 things that should be changed or fixed that to improve the my Kubrow experience:

#3The mod system for Kubrows has been broken now since U14 launched as any mods on my Kubrow do not show up in the installed tab meaning I have to sort through all my sentinel mods and guess witch one is actually installed on my kubrow to fuse, not game breaking but its a head ache when starting a new Kubro.

#2 non combat ability's for the most part need to be buffed or perhaps expanded to have more depth for example the Sasha kubrows dig is pretty bad  giving only a piddling few drops and often for stuff I most often didn't need but if say he also looted extra drops from dead enemys or even pulled clips out of the guns of active enemy's forcing them to reload, I would find my shasha much more interesting.

{{#1}} when my brown and green striped kubrow goes down and I hear him yelp for help please put some kind of indicator on the map or over my little  or some times big partners head, I don't feel like playing your sick little game of wheres waldo while my Kubrows life drains out on the floor.

3) You're correct in saying that Kubrow mods don't show up on the installed tab however they do show up on the sentinel tab and are lit up when equipped so as you said not game breaking but the issue is easy to overcome.

2) The non-combat abilities are definitely a point of contention.

Scavenge doesn't give you a 90% percent chance to pry open a locker when maxed, as it stands it sits closer to 10-20% when you look at the volume of lockers you are able to open in any given level and that's after standing around for a while waiting to see if (s)he will do it.

Dig has no added effect when maxed with the exception of getting more EXP for doing it. I've spent time standing around letting a Kubrow Dig with differing levels of the mod and there was no noticeable change in quality of loot or frequency of digging. They both need some proper clarification or revision.

1) I think that's pretty much something that everyone hates and it has been mentioned a countless number of times, the only change so far was the ability to see its outline through walls which is good and all but that doesn't help you keep track of it when you're destroying everything around you; especially when going up against bosses, your Kubrow suddenly develops small dog syndrome and decides to take on something it shouldn't, dies in a stupid spot which puts you in harms way forcing revive the little sod because you don't want it to die and use generally 2/3 uses of petting/scratching it to make it feel better.

Giving us a personal marker for our Kubrow would resolve the 1st issue and giving us the ability to issues commands like attack, defend or cower would resolve it dying in a less than spectacular fashion. I'm sure people will retort with "put pack leader on it and melee something to stop it from dying" or "use Loyal Companion to increase its bleedout to 21 seconds" which is all good and well but when you can't melee something or you're playing solo and can't shake something you're screwed.

Just to add to the list:

The plat expenditure for speeding up various processes relating to making/caring for it are a joke. I generally dislike people that complain about DE being money hungry but this is starting to sway my opinion. Don't get me wrong I'd happily pay a flat fee to be able to permanently negate any stasis recovery time but paying each and every time to do it when you don't have 3 hours to waste waiting for it to recover just to take it on a mission. Again people can argue in favor of using DNA Stabilizers and I agree they work well but if you aren't going to be playing for a while you'll come back to a corpse :P

The whole Kubrow colour issue is ongoing and the fact that something so simple hasn't been resolved yet worries me.

3) You're correct in saying that Kubrow mods don't show up on the installed tab however they do show up on the sentinel tab and are lit up when equipped so as you said not game breaking but the issue is easy to overcome.

2) The non-combat abilities are definitely a point of contention.

Scavenge doesn't give you a 90% percent chance to pry open a locker when maxed, as it stands it sits closer to 10-20% when you look at the volume of lockers you are able to open in any given level and that's after standing around for a while waiting to see if (s)he will do it.

Dig has no added effect when maxed with the exception of getting more EXP for doing it. I've spent time standing around letting a Kubrow Dig with differing levels of the mod and there was no noticeable change in quality of loot or frequency of digging. They both need some proper clarification or revision.

1) I think that's pretty much something that everyone hates and it has been mentioned a countless number of times, the only change so far was the ability to see its outline through walls which is good and all but that doesn't help you keep track of it when you're destroying everything around you; especially when going up against bosses, your Kubrow suddenly develops small dog syndrome and decides to take on something it shouldn't, dies in a stupid spot which puts you in harms way forcing revive the little sod because you don't want it to die and use generally 2/3 uses of petting/scratching it to make it feel better.

Giving us a personal marker for our Kubrow would resolve the 1st issue and giving us the ability to issues commands like attack, defend or cower would resolve it dying in a less than spectacular fashion. I'm sure people will retort with "put pack leader on it and melee something to stop it from dying" or "use Loyal Companion to increase its bleedout to 21 seconds" which is all good and well but when you can't melee something or you're playing solo and can't shake something you're screwed.

Just to add to the list:

The plat expenditure for speeding up various processes relating to making/caring for it are a joke. I generally dislike people that complain about DE being money hungry but this is starting to sway my opinion. Don't get me wrong I'd happily pay a flat fee to be able to permanently negate any stasis recovery time but paying each and every time to do it when you don't have 3 hours to waste waiting for it to recover just to take it on a mission. Again people can argue in favor of using DNA Stabilizers and I agree they work well but if you aren't going to be playing for a while you'll come back to a corpse :P

The whole Kubrow colour issue is ongoing and the fact that something so simple hasn't been resolved yet worries me.

feel free to at your own list in the thread there are plenty of things that need tweaking in the kubrow system and yes the plat thing for bringing a kubrow out of stasis is very bad design and should be NIXed asap

F2P system, people, F2P system. Instead of whining all day long in this or in the many of it's clone-threads, why don't you people think that those 3 hour timers and those amounts of plat we pay are nothing compared to what it could've been if this was another F2P game?

Remember - DE pays it's bills because people buy platinum and packs and even so they keep the F2P model to a minimum, right?

DNA stabilisers: Instead of "feed your kubrow every day, take it to the doctor every day, groom it every day" and etc., DE chose to summarise it all in one form. Stop complaining that 100k/week is too much and that "people don't have time to grind the credits", because 100 k credits take no more than 30-40 minutes in Sechura (or the DS in Ceres). If these people don't have the 30-40 minutes to spend at a time, how hard it is to make >>>1<<< run on sechura or the DS in Ceres every day? It takes ~5 minutes. so ~5minutes/day for 5 days and guess what: all of a sudden you realise you have them credits and perhaps a little something extra. and if you take those ~5 minutes per day (because guess what, DNA stab. pack is 6 shots), at every sixth day you have 120+ k credits.

For all those who can't get to those DS, I suggest they work their way to those places if they so much like and want their kubrows.

as for the OP's first post: I agree with all the #s, though for the #1, you can mark it as an "enemy" and just keep an eye on the marker

F2P system, people, F2P system. Instead of whining all day long in this or in the many of it's clone-threads, why don't you people think that those 3 hour timers and those amounts of plat we pay are nothing compared to what it could've been if this was another F2P game?

Remember - DE pays it's bills because people buy platinum and packs and even so they keep the F2P model to a minimum, right?

DNA stabilisers: Instead of "feed your kubrow every day, take it to the doctor every day, groom it every day" and etc., DE chose to summarise it all in one form. Stop complaining that 100k/week is too much and that "people don't have time to grind the credits", because 100 k credits take no more than 30-40 minutes in Sechura (or the DS in Ceres). If these people don't have the 30-40 minutes to spend at a time, how hard it is to make >>>1<<< run on sechura or the DS in Ceres every day? It takes ~5 minutes. so ~5minutes/day for 5 days and guess what: all of a sudden you realise you have them credits and perhaps a little something extra. and if you take those ~5 minutes per day (because guess what, DNA stab. pack is 6 shots), at every sixth day you have 120+ k credits.

For all those who can't get to those DS, I suggest they work their way to those places if they so much like and want their kubrows.

as for the OP's first post: I agree with all the #s, though for the #1, you can mark it as an "enemy" and just keep an eye on the marker

no one is even talking about creds, they are easy as S#&amp;&#036; to win, we are tlaking about the fact that kubrow mods some are next to useless because of it being broken or simply our kubrow dieing because we cant find it, no one is complaining about DNA stabilizers, only people who play this game for only 2 weeks whine about 100k that you can win in 15 minutes.

no one is even talking about creds, they are easy as S#&$ to win, we are tlaking about the fact that kubrow mods some are next to useless because of it being broken or simply our kubrow dieing because we cant find it, no one is complaining about DNA stabilizers, only people who play this game for only 2 weeks whine about 100k that you can win in 15 minutes.

aside from scavenge (which is indeed a useless mod) what other mod is "broken" for kubrows?

plus look at what I wrote in my last sentence about keeping an eye on it. also if you want your kubrow to not die the first 5 seconds in teh mission, well don't bring an unranked kubrow to sechura and put a maxed Loyal companion as a first mod.

So you're trying to negate these arguments by using the "What If" and "Compared To" statements, you then go onto state that DE has to pay the bills and then onto the ever popular "its easy to make credits" spiel...

If you aren't prepared to actually read what people have said why bother chiming in with your 2 cents? "Go home, you're drunk!" about sums it up or better yet stick around and maybe you'll learn something.

Now to clarify, no one has said that paying 100k in credits for DNA stabilizers is an issue so I honestly don't know where you pulled that argument from but its brown, sticky and smells bad :P What was actually said was "I agree they work well but if you aren't going to be playing for a while you'll come back to a corpse" This speaks for itself and doesn't need any clarification... Unless of course you need it spelled out, should I get a crayon?

What they have done is made it difficult for people that don't buy plat and can't spend 3 hours waiting for a kubrow to recover from stasis particularly when they don't play often enough to warrant not putting it into stasis in the 1st place. This isn't a question of people supporting DE which as you stated above keeps the game going (three cheers for Captain Obvious!) its a question of time away from the game and the recovery time of stasis.

It was a good suggestion about putting your marker on your kubrow but if you use them for other things namely marking items for your team mates or giving them way points for when they are lost (which is what they are actually intended for) so that isn't really a long term viable solution which is what we are discussing.

aside from scavenge (which is indeed a useless mod) what other mod is "broken" for kubrows?

plus look at what I wrote in my last sentence about keeping an eye on it. also if you want your kubrow to not die the first 5 seconds in teh mission, well don't bring an unranked kubrow to sechura and put a maxed Loyal companion as a first mod.

Yet again you just cemented the fact that you don't read before commenting... Dig is the other one that isn't working and the reasons why were clearly stated.

Cue a useless sarcastic statement which is completely assumption based about taking under geared stuff into a relatively high map... Really you went there? You don't know us and as such you can't accurately comment on our play styles, the state of our gear or even how much we play. What you can assume (based on fact) is that both Fuzzydragon and myself have been playing for 7+ months longer than you have, we (should) know how mods work and as far as the Kubrow are concerned we are on equal footing. Mods are mods, they aren't rocket science but thanks for acting like they are :)

I don't mind the upkeep actualy as its a pet after all so your gonna need to feed it but could see it getting lowered a little since thats pretty damn high for a new player to deal with or maybe the "howl of the kubrow" quest should drop from the hyena pack instead, so where was this argument coming from?

downed kubrows need a marker as the added time does me no good if I can't find him in a dark room or under a pile of bodies.

Edited by Fuzzydragon