Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Games That Made You Cry/almost Cry.

CelticMoss

To. The. Effing. Moon.

My god, the scene where river is replaced by Joey.. I'm a 20 year old dude and frigging 16bit pixels made me cry. Seriously guys if you haven't played this game go play it now.

Also, the ending of snake eater. Goddamn Hideo Kojima makes us pull the trigger instead of just an ordinary cutscene.

Edited by grnchtrr

In games? Not in movies or series?

Hmmm...

Been a while actually but this is one of the few that I still remember every now and then.

Mass Effect 3. Spoilers of course.

Mordin and Legion. Both some of my fav characters from ME series.

Legion especially as I managed to make peace between Geth and Quarians. Legion helped to build it throughout the games. Though I admit his death was a bit odd and maybe even a bit lazy way to get rid of the character, but it still hit quite hard.

Also, I've to admit ending of ME3 made me a bit emotional. Some of its problems aside, it was the moment when I thought to myself: "This is where it all ends." Series I've been playing for years had finally ended. It was end of era for me as a gamer.

End of SCII WoL nearly got me even though that's supposed to be a happy ending.

The one that truly got me though was a little 8-bit indie artist project called Endeavor. This little mini-rpg game is no flashy triple-A title, but I found that even after playing it nearly 4 years after its release it's satisfying.

I will try to restrain myself from mentioning games already noted in this thread to refrain from repetition, other than saying that Spec Ops: The Line is freaking amazing. Ok, now that I've gushed about that, on to the games!

Shadow Warrior (2013): For a game so over the top and silly this game has a really impacting ending, wont go any more into it since spoilers are abound.

Thomas Was Alone: The whole game is just so goooood. Also, the free DLC that got updated to the PC version not too long ago is also amazing.

Max Payne (series): Yes, 3 was more movie than game and didn't really fit the feel of the series, but holy hell is the series good in terms of quality and story.

PS: I'm not mentioning Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons here due to the fact that i didn't really get any emotional reaction out of it, the game is very good and the story well written but since the game borrows so much from Scandinavian children's books and folk lore, the fact that iv'e known the reference pieces from when i was a little kid, made the story so that i could call pretty much what was going to happen, so it felt like the story had been spoiled.

In games? Not in movies or series?

Hmmm...

Been a while actually but this is one of the few that I still remember every now and then.

Mass Effect 3. Spoilers of course.

Mordin and Legion. Both some of my fav characters from ME series.

Legion especially as I managed to make peace between Geth and Quarians. Legion helped to build it throughout the games. Though I admit his death was a bit odd and maybe even a bit lazy way to get rid of the character, but it still hit quite hard.

Also, I've to admit ending of ME3 made me a bit emotional. Some of its problems aside, it was the moment when I thought to myself: "This is where it all ends." Series I've been playing for years had finally ended. It was end of era for me as a gamer.

Hey, we have the same favourite characters. After Mordin's death, I nearly cried and I restarted the whole series again just so that I could save him, not that I care that the fate of the Krogans bother me, yes I'm willing to sacrifice an entire race just for one person. Legion as well, but his is sadly unavoidable.

But then my 360 suddenly refused to read any of my Mass Effect discs.

Edited by qwurty566

I don't remember that kind of game, but I think there was one like that

Maybe Diablo III, how the F*** Deckard Cain could go away? Old bastard : (

And (from different point of view) League of Legends, if you didn't play - just don't. I was playing in this game for about 3 years, and you have no idea how many people can act like brainless flaming & raging kids, sometimes I just don't belive in their stupidness... I was asking myself "Why I am gonna want to play another game with those guys, I don't care how they play, but how they act as a human..."

Edited by EmbedFire