Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Feedback On The Infested.

Otomaru

Prior to U14 the infested already had energy syphoning aura, a strike that deletes your energy, toxic aura, knockdowns and their biggest strength was their numbers. If you're a new player i imagine you don't do high lvl missions or epic endless type missions and the new changes might be ok.

But if i encounter infested it's a defense or survival mission. I thought that increasing their numbers, defense and damage every wave or 5 min was a good way to add difficulty, but now it's ridiculous. The new challenges are outweighed by frustration.

The new ancients start to come pretty soon and their numbers grow rapidly. 2 or 3 grapples from every direction every few sec and as the time goes the grapples get only more frequent - you end up spending a lot of time scraping the ground. While you're cruising on your back, add one, few or all of these:

-free damage

-"F~ your abilities" strike from disruptor at the end

-stagger from kamikaze which chains in even more free damage

-Toxic aura

-Toxin AoE from osprey

-Parasitic Eximus

-Another knockdown or grapple

+the new ancient aura that decreases your damage dealt by a lot which makes it easy for them to swarm you.

Remember that this is not a 3th wave or min scenario, free damage from the numbers they are in and damage increasement means you're pretty much "wasted". You may dodge most of the grapples, but not all. The difficulty is way too exponentially steep.

I loved this game cause i could chose multiple ways how to slay my... victims. It was already getting dissatisfying to get denied from you abilaties. But the new changes are making Rhino's Iron Skin and ranged weapons absolite, forcing less and less ways how to enjoy the game. I play games for entertainment, not frustration.

Prior to U14 the infested already had energy syphoning aura, a strike that deletes your energy, toxic aura, knockdowns and their biggest strength was their numbers. If you're a new player i imagine you don't do high lvl missions or epic endless type missions and the new changes might be ok.

But if i encounter infested it's a defense or survival mission. I thought that increasing their numbers, defense and damage every wave or 5 min was a good way to add difficulty, but now it's ridiculous. The new challenges are outweighed by frustration.

The new ancients start to come pretty soon and their numbers grow rapidly. 2 or 3 grapples from every direction every few sec and as the time goes the grapples get only more frequent - you end up spending a lot of time scraping the ground. While you're cruising on your back, add one, few or all of these:

-free damage

-"F~ your abilities" strike from disruptor at the end

-stagger from kamikaze which chains in even more free damage

-Toxic aura

-Toxin AoE from osprey

-Parasitic Eximus

-Another knockdown or grapple

+the new ancient aura that decreases your damage dealt by a lot which makes it easy for them to swarm you.

Remember that this is not a 3th wave or min scenario, free damage from the numbers they are in and damage increasement means you're pretty much "wasted". You may dodge most of the grapples, but not all. The difficulty is way too exponentially steep.

I loved this game cause i could chose multiple ways how to slay my... victims. It was already getting dissatisfying to get denied from you abilaties. But the new changes are making Rhino's Iron Skin and ranged weapons absolite, forcing less and less ways how to enjoy the game. I play games for entertainment, not frustration.

Preach on, my brother. Peach the hell on.

I'm playing since Update 7 and my honest opinion is that the infested how they are now, especially the anchients are in their worst state to date. I've started to play Loki in Solo Defense missions a few days ago, because i found out that one well-placed Decoy is all it takes to defend the Objective for a complete wave. The only problem i run into is starting at wave 5: THESE GODDAMN ANCHIENTS. I'm using the Penta alot in these missions because if it is fully modded out it can waveclear pretty easily... well until wave 5. I don't know if this is a bug or something but the aura of the healers is so game-breaking in my perspective: So there i stand, shooting grenades into a crowd of infested swarming my decoy or the cryopod. All i see is the these grenades which used to deal at least 6000 dmg AoE now deal around 60-100 (i've tried it the damage reduction is on all of my weapons.). The problem is: our good friend the Anchient Healer. His aura seems to almost negate all the damage i'm doing to every infested in his surrounding area, but to top it off he takes 0 damage. That's right 0. So i'm usually standing there not-understanding why or how this works as i see the whole mission going to sh1t within several seconds. My honest recommendation: Put the anchients back to the state pre-U14 or at least balance them out so they are actually sustainable enemies.

Edited by FxG_ReAp0r

I'm playing since Update 7 and my honest opinion is that the infested how they are now, especially the anchients are in their worst state to date. I've started to play Loki in Solo Defense missions a few days ago, because i found out that one well-placed Decoy is all it takes to defend the Objective for a complete wave. The only problem i run into is starting at wave 5: THESE GODDAMN ANCHIENTS. I'm using the Penta alot in these missions because if it is fully modded out it can waveclear pretty easily... well until wave 5. I don't know if this is a bug or something but the aura of the healers is so game-breaking in my perspective: So there i stand, shooting grenades into a crowd of infested swarming my decoy or the cryopod. All i see is the these grenades which used to deal at least 6000 dmg AoE now deal around 60-100 (i've tried it the damage reduction is on all of my weapons.). The problem is: our good friend the Anchient Healer. His aura seems to almost negate all the damage i'm doing to every infested in his surrounding area, but to top it off he takes 0 damage. That's right 0. So i'm usually standing there not-understanding why or how this works as i see the whole mission going to sh1t within several seconds. My honest recommendation: Put the anchients back to the state pre-U14 or at least balance them out so they are actually sustainable enemies.

The new defensive aura that some of the ancients have is capable of cutting my friend's fully-modded Ogris to under 600 damage.

There's really no excuse for this kind of nonsense. It was an interesting idea, but it's just not tenable in practice.

I can vouch for this experience as well.

one thing I DO like about the new Anchient though is that their Betch slap attack actually has a "charge" time so they dont run at you and smack you to the ground the second they reach you... THAT was a good change... everything else however...

Edited by Fartbake

I can vouch for this experience as well.

one thing I DO like about the new Anchient though is that their Betch slap attack actually has a "charge" time so they dont run at you and smack you to the ground the second they reach you... THAT was a good change... everything else however...

I didn't mind their slaps cause those were dodgeable - that was a neat feature for difficulty and caution, this, that we have now is ridiculously terrible.

I didn't mind their slaps cause those were dodgeable - that was a neat feature for difficulty and caution, this, that we have now is ridiculously terrible.

It's not an understatement to say that the Infested as they now are are worse than they've ever been. I solo'd most of the Breeding Grounds event. You know that borderline-satanic last run everyone faced where the Infested were level 63 and it was a white-knuckle ride to pop all the zits and screw off with no mistakes? That was hard as balls, but it was doable.

Now every Infested Mission that drags on becomes that. Not due to legitimate difficulty and the threat of being overwhelmed, like Breeding Grounds, oh no. It's due to the Energy Drain Hate Brigade, Toxic Ancient make-warframes-not-exist aura, and defensive auras that make 25K Dread shots do about 25% of that.

Recently joined random ODD to lvl Banshee and noticed that sometimes Disruptor auras stacked, it reduced the damage by 90% twice, i did 1% of damage. from 200 to 20 to 2. Lovely.

RoadGGG as my witness, we saw this happen on Dark Sector Saturn. Road fires his Ogris, does single-digit damage to the entire crowd.

I was really thankful for his Saryn on that one.

RoadGGG as my witness, we saw this happen on Dark Sector Saturn. Road fires his Ogris, does single-digit damage to the entire crowd.

I was really thankful for his Saryn on that one.

Technically it was still double digits, but yeah, the damage reduction from the Disruptors were insane. Also that @(*()$ Charger that took out my sheilds in a single hit.

Personally I could understand if the new anchients where the eximus versions of the original ones.  Usually you only see one anchient eximus at any one time, occasionally a second one (in those numbers the powers add a little more diversity without redicliusoly over powering them).  It makes sence for the 'elite' Anchients (anchient anchient's if you will) to bring that kind of power to the battle, and would add to the flavour, rather than the anchient eximus being much the same as grineer/corpus eximus.  For normal 'everyday' anchients they were good previously.

The toughness buff is not bad for infested (hard to fully tell due to anchients), along with the dodging they now do as well (even if it makes them look like a mutated jester).

Unfortunatly now it has changed the feel of the infested from the mindless swarming infinite force that anyone could reasonably hold off for a while to a threat only master warriors (like the tenno) can reasonably expect to take care of.   If they had that power, why havent they covered the entire oragin system? (afterall 3 healers is all you need for them to ignore just about all damage).

inb4: "changing them back will make the game to easy"

Edited by Loswaith

the worst part about all this is the ancient disruptor was describe in the patch note to only have been granted the ability for him and his allies to damage energy not zap it all in one hit.

Hehe, joke on us player, DE forgot to remove the one thing that allow ancient disruptors to completely zap away energy, his attack do magnetic damage. this woulda been fine in the old days where if you were careful, you woulda been fine since they need to run to you

however, they were recently given scorpion harpoon attack( which i dont know how that make sense in DE heads), making them able to drag you to them. If it is one disruptor, you may survive getting zap, but in endless or sometime in normal mission where there are many of them, this is guarrantee zap, plus with the orther infested swarming you the moment you can stand up from being pull, you are surely dead

i am kinda fine with the way infested are, every new thing have a counter but the ancient disruptor with the harpoon of instant zap is way too OP and clearly unintended as listed in the change.

my proposal is to remove the harpoon all together, seriously, this was meant only for scorpion and even then it was still pretty broken. listen to us DE, ancient with scorpion harpoon attack is way too OP when combine with everything they have now.

Edited by Hieulelam

Oh, this thread again.

Remove stacking auras but leave everything else in. You could sleepwalk through old infested and it was ridiculous, no faction should be that weak.

Please stop saying that. It was never true except for people who were loaded for bear. Even for those who were, the second they really started to throw heavier units at you, you would get absolutely reamed if you had to hold ground against them. I remember very well my solos of Breeding Grounds and Marathons of Survival. I know how hard those were once the ball started rolling. So it's not really true that it was possible to "Sleepwalk" them.

There's another reason not to use that term: You can "sleepwalk" the current infested just fine through the might of getting someplace they can't go (read: any high position they can't reach), setting up with some solid area denial abilities (read: Vauban/Nyx/Hydroid/Nova) and still shell the ever-loving crap out of the objective points. Bring along an Angstrum/Ogris/Whatever and let the exact same scenario from pre-U14 begin. The only difference now is that anyone trying to fight them fairly is going to fricking die horribly, and they provide so little XP now that they're not even worth Dark Sectoring over anymore.

While I do think that the old infested were too weak, there are some issues with the changes that were made to buff them.

The energy-drain aura is too much. Before, the drain was pretty fair. If a disruptor hit you with his arm, he drained your energy. That's ok -- just don't get hit! There's some counterplay there, you can avoid it.

The new drain is a passive area-of-effect... It drains your whole party, and there isn't really any way to avoid it.

While the ripline-like ability is GREAT (infested NEEDED a move to take people out of their comfort zones, something to keep people from just sitting on a box and laughing at the poor melee zombies), I don't think that giving it to the Ancients was a good move. Ancients are already very common, and very annoying. You just get dragged around and around if you're playing solo. The Grineer Scorpions were alright because they had few hitpoints and lttle offense. Most of the time if I got hooked my sentinel would just shoot them in the face... Ancients are already good enough without it, the entire faction's awesomeness shouldn't be wrapped up in one enemy type (this was also an issue with mutalist ospreys...).

Solution? Give the hook to Crawlers instead. They're complete jokes right now with little health, very slow speed, and next to no offensive ability.

Oh, this thread again.

Remove stacking auras but leave everything else in. You could sleepwalk through old infested and it was ridiculous, no faction should be that weak.

If you're at the stage where you could "sleepwalk" through infested mission, you could "sleepwalk" through every factions mission. I don't really care about other mission types than survival and defense. And those were just fine in difficulty when you get far enough. Ain't no "sleepwalking" in 40+ min survival when ancients gave you surprise butt secks.

Besides, since when infested are not supposed to be considered mindless creatures, capable only of moaning and growling, a faction which strength was swarms, not harpoons and op auras. If you wanted to make them stronger then why not buff the essence of infested - make them more agile, faster, increase their numbers, make them more fierce.

Imagine the infested where they would wallrun towards you, leap at you with .5 sec delay not 2 sec, kiting is impossible for most warframes and their setups due to infested speed buff. Stuff like that.

Edited by Otomaru

WOW What have they done to my beloved infested ?  now they are just plain frustrating and annoying to fight, I'm sure theyll be a huge drop in players doing infested now lol, I thought the game was supposed to be fun not @(*()$ infuriating.  I dunno where this game is going anymore thank you DE...

Edited by Tr1ples1xer

Oh, this thread again.

This statement made me laugh so hard. Of course it's easy to absolutely pulverize infested witht the right gear but as Otomaru said:

One unexpected Anchient = 1 less revive with almost every frame...well, except Rhino of course.

Edited by FxG_ReAp0r

I dunno where this game is going anymore thank you DE...

Ah good, one of those "i hate DE for what they did" douchebags guys. This is a Topic about FEEDBACK not bashing on someone. There are plenty of Topics for things like you, so if you would please gtfo leave this topic and go somewhere where everyone is just complaining? This was probably just a test and according to the feedback it hopefully will be taken out soon. No one likes these new Infested and the feedback is coming so chill your pants.

Edited by FxG_ReAp0r

You're forgetting one thing: Vauban makes the Infested a complete JOKE.

They have to have something in order to kill us.

You're forgetting one thing: Vauban makes the Infested a complete JOKE.

They have to have something in order to kill us.

Ancient can grapple far outside the range of your Black hole. So no, Vauban won't make infested a joke. Because you will be pulled around a lot. After a while you can have up to 7 Ancient around throwing grapple hooks.

They still give crap EXP for all this too. Which is hilarious, you can solo super easy Grineer and not be in any kind of threat but low level infested? 

Infested needs to at least double the EXP of all units to be even remotely worth playing against.

remove the "energy drain" mechanics from the game entirely and they wouldn't be frustrating no? they'd still be a challenge from sheer numbers but they wouldn't be borderline bs to try to melee them or even bieng within 10m of them.(because of the grapple/disrupt range)

my two cents.......

Ancient can grapple far outside the range of your Black hole. So no, Vauban won't make infested a joke. Because you will be pulled around a lot. After a while you can have up to 7 Ancient around throwing grapple hooks.

They still give crap EXP for all this too. Which is hilarious, you can solo super easy Grineer and not be in any kind of threat but low level infested? 

Infested needs to at least double the EXP of all units to be even remotely worth playing against.

Bastille range and strength build. In most every Defense map you can throw your Vortex power at a pod and then hide behind it: Ancients cannot touch you.

Loki also makes any other faction a joke with Radial Disarm.

No faction has a threat if you know how to play properly.

The XP you gain in Dark Sectors more than make up for that considering how fast you can level in them.

Bastille range and strength build. In most every Defense map you can throw your Vortex power at a pod and then hide behind it: Ancients cannot touch you.

Loki also makes any other faction a joke with Radial Disarm.

No faction has a threat if you know how to play properly.

The XP you gain in Dark Sectors more than make up for that considering how fast you can level in them.

25 Minutes on Dark Sector earth got me about 19k normal EXP and 15k bonus exp. I get more on the first survival map at like 15 minute mark or so. So much for that extra EXP. 

Ancient have a 20 meter grappling hook so standing behind a vortex won't solve everything.