Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Saryn A Good Frame?

DALOS

Question

I'm thinking of getting a saryn frame but I don't know if it's a good frame as of recent updates, is she good?

I'm mostly concerned about her powers how good are they? Can they be useful is most combat situations? Or is this frame just a one trick pony?

12 answers to this question

I love to use her on solo Void runs. Her first is great for enemies crowded behind cover, especially with a Latron (Prime). Her second us good for Infested, or for running away and not wanting to be chased. Her third, I don't use often. A lot of energy for not enough benefit. Her fourth is excellent for anything, as even if it doesn't kill it still stuns enemies for the duration. Not to mention that her first can cut enemy HP in half when it procs.

I use her as an offensive tank, with Rejuvenation. She's loads of fun as long as you're not into rushing through missions. Put her in a drawn out firefight and she'll always come out on top.

Edited by Max7238

pretty much what has been said above, her venom procs viral might I add, which cuts enemy HP in half, and molt is the only skill in the game that can clear status effects, which makes it very, very good for long term survivability.

Edited by TheCometCE

In coordinated games Venom, Molt, and Miasma are all good tricks. 
In pugs You'll be relying mostly on Molt and Miasma. 

Venom can do massive damage with viral procc, but it takes a lot of work to spread.
Molt is good for breathing room and shedding procs, and even comes with an AoE damage blast at the end of its life.
Miasma is corrosive, a powerful element, and just about is always useful for a quick CC drop or high damage nuke.

Decent stats and if you have lifestrike/equilibrium/rejuvination to recover health she's a very solid frame. 

Miasma is very powerful, so in that manner she does become a bit of a one trick pony to a casual player. However good players will realize the value in Venom and Molt as well and utelize them accordingly.

Miasma scales with reduced duration as well as power strength. A 'proper' setup of +57% PS +75% Eff -65% Duration will result in a 4037 damage Miasma for 25 energy - the highest damage/energy of any AoE ability in the game, and it's Corrosive, great for Grineer, Infested, and Void.

Saryn's one of my favorite frames and is certainly a great frame. I have two builds for her, one that includes miasma which you can spam and do awesome damage if you mod it for low duration and high damage. I also have a long duration build with high damage for venom which does wonders with big groups if you pop the venom bubbles.

She can also have a ton of health and armor. I like to use rage on her to gain energy after losing health because I modded her for very low shields. However, lifestrike or another health regen mods makes up for that.