Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ongoing Network Issues

aoguro

or however it may called

i started to join a game before i wrote thsis and: "waiting" (another one of too many)

i did now one time "waiting" for 5 minutes, no game which i play appear with that or let me expirience that

even mentioned and mention again: no other game i play (rivals - which needs really graphic-power, cod ghosts - which need also graphic-power, crashes around like warframe do)

i was deep in connection with support and finished the guy off which take care of me (im pleased to him since a few days that he moves me to a professional supporter), he tried to read out the few instabilities which "my computer reported" and point me to that, means, he tried to give me links how to use my computer

DE, you have a horrible instable network, im not a it-professional, so i keep myself off with possible non-professional tries to understand upnp or comment technical things about your network

my main problem was this upnp-message, this is why i was going to support and for once again:

i fixed with the technicians of my provider and with the technicians from the modem-company all what i can do for not getting this "miracolous"-upnp-error message after the login-screen and this horrible network-expirience with warframe

it was also my main question to your support, DE, and i told support about my loss in times and parts by playing because of the network-troubles

i have given all relevant data to your support which they asked for, and, this guy tried really to make me nervous that my computer have its issues

DE, MY COMPUTER IS A LAPTOP, 1/2 YEAR OLD AND DONT MAKE ANY TROUBLES WHATEVER I DO WITH, its only warframe which creates troubles

i mean, what should my computer do when he gets ongoing unstable signals from your UPNP-NETWORK, DE ?

beside all, thank you for the plat which i get the last days, it was not much as well as i can see you try to calm the situation down

finally, im not shure if there will ever be a solution about (a few days easy gaming, a few days horrible expiriences with your network which slowly drives me simply mad, because i have the feeling i waste money and time)

POINT !

thank you for reading this, DE, and thank you for trying to fix it asap (since how long now ?)

best wishes

7ENNO

ps: and again, i really love this game ! you, DE, should try to come together with all this, THANK YOU ! :-)

Edited by 7ENN0

Sorry to hear you're having network trouble and getting connected to others' games. I have a few steps which may help (though for Strict NAT error, more often than not you'll need to get a new router).

If you keep getting the UPnP and Strict NAT error, there are a few steps you can take to check whether your router is enforcing Strict NAT:

1. Try turning UPnP off and back on; also disable DHCP and manually assign your computer's IPv4 address. If you still get Strict NAT then you should re-enable UPnP (but leave your computer's IPv4 address assigned manually because this is necessary for test/step 2)

2. DMZ your computer; DMZing is the act of having your computer bypass the router entirely, essentially giving it a direct connection to the internet (This should put your computer to NAT Type 1, or "Direct"). If you DMZ your computer but you still get a Strict NAT error, either your ISP is blocking your ports or your router forces Strict NAT no matter what. DMZing a computer or device is easier when it has a manually assigned IPv4. (NOTE: WHen a device is DMZ'd, other devices on the network may not be able to connect to the internet) If you still get Strict NAT, disable DMZ. Also disable DMZ whenever you don't want to play games, because DMZ bypasses your router's firewall and may increase the security risk for your computer.

3. Try using a different router; make sure you get a router which supports NAT Type 2 (Moderate NAT). The majority of routers employ NAT Type 2, which is what your PC and game consoles need to play online games (specifically P2P based matchmaking games, like Warframe, Borderlands, etc).

Strict NAT is a pretty big issue, but more often than not the problem is on the player's end (It's a router/ISP issue). If your router is forcing Strict NAT, you will always get the popup message (even if your UPnP is working and you manually forward the ports, Strict NAT will always cause the popup). My advice is to get in touch with your ISP or contact a router manufacturer (like Linksys, Belkin, Netgear, etc) and ask them for a router model that uses NAT Type 2 (Moderate) and doesn't force Nat Type 3 (Strict).

Also, Strict NAT isn't something DE can fix on their end because it's not an issue with the way they coded their game, but how your router handles data packets being sent between computers on your local area network and devices on the wide area network (internet). It will more or less affect all P2P based multiplayer games and will actually cripple a lot of game consoles' ability to play online games or use online functions (like voice chat).

you did not read my message looks like, its ok for me

around 10 crashes now today, and always short before the finish ...

and, why it doesnt crash on other days ?

im so tired of this all ...

what should i do, buying me stuff (programms) to monitor everything ?

its a game offered for playing to have fun, right :/

ps: im open for a date where some of your technic-pro's can enter my comp and look around :-)

would that be an option ? i pull my headset on and in 5 to 10 minutes we are through ...

Edited by 7ENN0

• 3 weeks later...

If you're crashing frequently, grab your EE.log right after you crash and send it in to support. The EE.log will let the programmers see exactly what's happening in your game leading up to the crash.

i hope i can stand my own words, im done with hours of taking care for unprofessional crashes, loosing my lifetime, money and such

i know i get a warning point for a more unfriendly and clear posting, so, im not in the mood to move the whole thing to a attorney

this is why i stay as much as friendly as possible

THE CRASHES ARE BACK !

5 now only today in the last 2 hours, im tired of wasting my time with support which isnt a support really

and: im off trusting that i get anything back, my duties which i have won and lost short before the game ended and all the things i told, shared to the support

i say it here too, i worked long enough as mediadesigner, when there is/was something wrong i can watch whatever logs serverside and immediately professionals know what to do

no other game i play crashes like warframe do

i also know that there are many which have the same problem, im not shure how the mind of some players functions or how faar they are reality not posting things like that

sorry, im nearly done, after spending around 500 bucks in a few month and the always same GAMECRASHES !!!

im really sorry that i cant share anything better

IM TIRED, MORE THEN TIRED OF THIS ALL in the best friendly way im able to

i hope i can stand my own words, im done with hours of taking care for unprofessional crashes, loosing my lifetime, money and such

i know i get a warning point for a more unfriendly and clear posting, so, im not in the mood to move the whole thing to a attorney

this is why i stay as much as friendly as possible

THE CRASHES ARE BACK !

5 now only today in the last 2 hours, im tired of wasting my time with support which isnt a support really

and: im off trusting that i get anything back, my duties which i have won and lost short before the game ended and all the things i told, shared to the support

i say it here too, i worked long enough as mediadesigner, when there is/was something wrong i can watch whatever logs serverside and immediately professionals know what to do

no other game i play crashes like warframe do

i also know that there are many which have the same problem, im not shure how the mind of some players functions or how faar they are reality not posting things like that

sorry, im nearly done, after spending around 500 bucks in a few month and the always same GAMECRASHES !!!

im really sorry that i cant share anything better

IM TIRED, MORE THEN TIRED OF THIS ALL in the best friendly way im able to

I have only 1 question for you:

Did you

Submit A

Support Ticket

With your WAR-###### from the crash reporter OR your EE.log file right after the crash?

If you didn't, you have for the most part only yourself to blame for the fact that the crashes have not been fixed. If you want DE to fix the crashes, you have to help them by submitting your crash report(s) IDs and/or EE.log with a support ticket, otherwise they don't know what to look for or address. Cheers.