Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Status 2.0

UnknownBlademaster

I've played this game for over 250 hours now and from what I've seen - almost every weapon has super low status chance. It renders (IMO) statuses useless, I mean what's the point of having 2.5% or 5% status chance?

So what I though about was - make it so that status applies on EVERY SHOT, but the damage done by status is equal to status chance the weapon had previously, and status mods would give increased damage (not too much, max would be like 25 or 40% increase to base status dmg). That would also require nerfing most of statuses (wtf, Imagine gorgon with Radiation - you're just not taking any damage, 1 shot for each enemy you see and move on to the next crowd), but again, what's the point of using 2 or sometimes more mod slots on a weapons and potentially even forma's/catalysts just to get some bonus damage and an effect every 50 or so shots.

Please tell me what you think! Of course this is NOT in any way balanced or fully though-out, but it's something that might be worth a consideration with a couple tweaks from more experienced players than me and DE's crew.

Not sure what to think about this. Yes I would love to be able to do corrosive/radiation damage with every shot of my Synapse but I don't know how that would affect a lot of the less powerful status chance guns. Might be game breaking.

Edited by Kestral9999

nice idea but no :D

see there r some weapon with high status like the boar prime and that what make him special..

its like crit chance ... many weapon with 2.5 crit chance... its help sometimes but not the main build

nice idea but no :D
see there r some weapon with high status like the boar prime and that what make him special..
its like crit chance ... many weapon with 2.5 crit chance... its help sometimes but not the main build

Actually OP's idea covered that pretty clearly, instead of Boar Prime's specialty being the ability to proc often, it would instead be an auto proc with insanely high proc damage.

That's why I said "this is NOT in any way balanced or fully though-out, but it's something that might be worth a consideration with a couple tweaks from more experienced players than me and DE's crew".

I hate the current system - the weapon doesn't have immense crit or status chance - 85% that it will be rated as trash and be useless for late game. I want (at least almost) every weapon to be aplicable for late game with status builds for example, but currently it's impossible as you can't rely on 15% chance to deal damage.

Actually OP's idea covered that pretty clearly, instead of Boar Prime's specialty being the ability to proc often, it would instead be an auto proc with insanely high proc damage.

oh i wasn't clear
i meant , some status it's not about the damage like radiation blast and corrosive and weapon with high status make good use of them.
so what damage help here?  

oh i wasn't clear
i meant , some status it's not about the damage like radiation blast and corrosive and weapon with high status make good use of them.
so what damage help here?  

That's a fair point now that I think about it. It would be really cool to have a gun that was guaranteed to proc radiation or blast on every shot though. Auto frenzy or auto stagger gun ftw!

Edited by Kestral9999

Something that would be pretty similar to my suggestion but better - status bullets? Anyone?

Increased status chance, could be reduced accuracy/lower damage to balance it out if needed, buy for plat or earn through a mission.

P.S. ahmagad I located ancient Orokin bullets

-Lotus

P.S.S. by status bullets I mean like "freezing bullets, electricity bullets, poison(ed) bullets", not general all-status bullets.

Edited by UnknownBlademaster

I think statuses work pretty good as-is.  A lot of those weapons you see with the low proc chance are usually high fire-rate weapons which make up for their low rate with volume.  Even with my Boltor Prime, which has a dismally low proc chance, I am constantly seeing the various statuses I have equipped pour out of enemies.  

That's why I said "this is NOT in any way balanced or fully though-out, but it's something that might be worth a consideration with a couple tweaks from more experienced players than me and DE's crew".

I hate the current system - the weapon doesn't have immense crit or status chance - 85% that it will be rated as trash and be useless for late game. I want (at least almost) every weapon to be aplicable for late game with status builds for example, but currently it's impossible as you can't rely on 15% chance to deal damage.

Only 4 out of 13 procs deal damage, what happens to the other 9?

Only 4 out of 13 procs deal damage, what happens to the other 9?

They're used for CC rather than DPS. That way even full DPS frames could be good in CC too.

Such or somewhat similar change would let everybody build what they want and strategize, discover new team compositions and many new strengths in before-useless weapons and/or frames.

Edited by UnknownBlademaster

They're used for CC rather than DPS. That way even full DPS frames could be good in CC too.

Such or somewhat similar change would let everybody build what they want and strategize, discover new team compositions and many new strengths in before-useless weapons and/or frames.

Could you give an example, nothing too complex just a quick scenario?