Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Finisher/counter Attack Useless ?

-ErmanKan

I do believe that finishers are useless and they need a buff or something.You've got a really low chance to counter attack by default,and parry mods costs like 10 mod points ? Thats ridiculous.And even you manage to land a counter attack it's NOT worth it.You deal 2k damage in 3 seconds ? Well you can deal about 5k in 3 seconds using the right weapons and mods.

What I'm saying is either give %75 counter attack chance by default,or make them more usefull (I can't think of being them usefull anyways)

How are you parrying attacks? You need to hold block, wait for the enemies melee animation, begin CHANNELING, and then attack. Provided that you follow all the steps, it should pretty much be a guaranteed thing that you do. 

I will agree with the damage no being that great. I'd rather attack normally then be locked into a finisher animation. 

Edited by Acos

the parrying system does feel pretty useless right now as it is

and I swear Ive been to follow all the steps but I just cant pull off parry not atleast when I absolutely need it to

but yeah I think it should be skill based rather than stat based
the parry mod/mods would only extend the key activation window for those who need it

also lets talk about damage
the execution is only single target when or rather if you manage to pull it off
and its not guaranteed to finish off high lvl target

maybe to make it worth it and a viable strategy even against bigger hordes of mobs
finisher chaining up to 3-4 enemies? initiate a minigame? definitely not a qte I think people want something more to do with skill and timing

and how about giving parrying attack bigger chance of status chance or crit to make up for the damage
or ignore this alltogether if the finisher chaining seems too op

all of that.

It's been said a bunch of time already but putting a mechanic on rng is dumb, not a good way to appeal.

Not directly on topic but following that if handspring would become a skill mechanic it would be a good things to make some others on the same line.

Guest Tehnoobshow

You can only parry the first attack, because you can't parry while already blocking (bullets, melee attacks etc.) and it takes time to recover from the blocking animation into the neutral block animation. However, all melee enemies attack faster than you can recover from a block, so it is only possible to block the first attack. Also, the main reason finishers are useless is because guns are just too powerful.

How are you parrying attacks? You need to hold block, wait for the enemies melee animation, begin CHANNELING, and then attack. Provided that you follow all the steps, it should pretty much be a guaranteed thing that you do. 

I will agree with the damage no being that great. I'd rather attack normally then be locked into a finisher animation.

Its still RNG as you dont parry everytime. And you should have to parry to do so. Plus doing all that for low damage is useless when I can just kill eberything on my screen with my boltor prime

Guest Tehnoobshow

Its still RNG as you dont parry everytime. And you should have to parry to do so. Plus doing all that for low damage is useless when I can just kill eberything on my screen with my boltor prime

It's not RNG

You can only parry the first attack, because you can't parry while already blocking (bullets, melee attacks etc.) and it takes time to recover from the blocking animation into the neutral block animation. However, all melee enemies attack faster than you can recover from a block, so it is only possible to block the first attack. Also, the main reason finishers are useless is because guns are just too powerful.

You need to hold block, wait for the enemies melee animation, begin CHANNELING, and then attack.

This is what makes countering so awful, so many steps are needed instead of just holding down block and pressing E when an enemy melee's you like it's done in everyother game with a counter mechanic.

DE likes to over complicate things in Warframe on top of adding in mods to help better your chances.

Worst way to have a melee feature done in any game.