Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition For Removal Or Preferibly Reducing Of The Cost Of Dna Stabilisers

beanoboy

Where does this "8.3k" come from?

A pack is 100k, 100k/6=16.6k, so I can't see where this mythical 8.3k comes from.

*Look at nametag, sees (PS4)* ...Oh. I see now.

... he just meant run a single mission and get 8k...then repeat the process until you have money to buy things.

I'm pretty early in the game on my alternate account (MR3 and only up to Saturn unlocked). Have my Kubrow, built a few weapons, have Oberon in the oven, built Valkyr parts, and have enough for the first batch of stabilizers. I also haven't even touched void and dark sectors. It's not hard to gather credits but I also wouldn't be against reducing the costs. If anything, I agree with people who say that Kubrows shouldn't die. The fact that you can apply Forma and Potatoes to them should be more than enough reason for DE to remove the possibility of Kubrows dying and losing all that progress. We have a ship that is more advanced than any of the other faction's ships and an AI that, at this time, only whines at us. Why can't we just have an option on the ship that we can set that if our Kubrow's health hits a certain percentage, Ordis automatically puts it in stasis? This way, the only penalty for staying away for too long is that you have to wait three hours for your Kubrow to thaw out.

if as you say its for late game players why do they give you the quest to get one so early?

My opinion would be that DE doesn't want to lock early players out of content for a long time. It could even be a learning experience form them. They breed a Kubrow and find that they can't maintain it so it dies. It shows them that they aren't ready for a Kubrow yet and will need to progress a little further until they can obtain credits quickly enough to maintain one.

You are just making yourself look foolish by insulting me while not knowing this.  100k divided by 12 is approximately 8.3k.  The Kubro only degrades by 20 per day and the shot restores 40 so you only need to use them once every other day.  It is pretty common knowledge at this point.

Why thank you, sir.

Actually, I just realized both of our mathematics are incorrect. 100k=100k, therefore, you need 100k to purchase the DNA pack which is actually worth 100k, and not 8.3k, therefore, you cannot restore your Kubrow with a 100k DNA pack, unless you have 100k. Because 8.3k does not equal 100k.

So don't grind for 8.3k, grind for 100k instead, and let your Kubrow live.

... he just meant run a single mission and get 8k...then repeat the process until you have money to buy things.

Yes.

Actually, I just realized both of our mathematics are incorrect. 100k=100k, therefore, you need 100k to purchase the DNA pack which is actually worth 100k, and not 8.3k, therefore, you cannot restore your Kubrow with a 100k DNA pack, unless you have 100k. Because 8.3k does not equal 100k.

No, you were just wrong and are now trying to save face.

A little more than 8.3k per day for 12 days is 100k, the first pack you bought will last you 12 days, 8.3k can be obtained in minutes, and you will be set for those 12 days because of your previous purchase so you can afford a Kubro just in, literally, minutes a day.

There's been a lot of threads like this around, I'd also be up for buying the blueprint for the stabs for 100k then making one for a couple of k or a batch of 6 for like 25-50k, at present though I'm pretty sure DE knows the stabilizer cost doesn't sit well with people, nor does starving your Kubrows to death to kill them sit well, they're usually pretty good at this whole feedback thing so I expect them to be working on a change for it anyway.

I actually don't mind the dna stabilizers, but 100k IS a bit much, especially if you're a new player. 5x rounds on Sechura or so per weekish, but... it could do with being a lot cheaper, especially for a new player, yes. It's a really dumb mechanic, but again, it's not the end of the world.

Edited by Gryffinhart

You can add me to the list of players that think that 100K is a bit much for 6 DNA Stabilzers. I have been playing now for about a year and consider myself fairly "established" in the game. I do "farming" runs for materials and credits. I cannot imaging how a new player might be able to afford 100K. I think that 20-30K would be more within reason.

at my level its not even the cost of the stabilizers, its that at low levels they aren't good enough to be worth it and getting them to high levels is already a huge cash sink.

As it is the people with more than enough credits *still* have more than enough credits. the people who got one early, who need creds for frames and weapons and didn't have enough, now really didn't have enough.

With the glitchy AI, ero controll of looks or type and inability to keep up with parkouring it doesn't matter how good they are end game. They are useless main game and nurse maiding one around wont let it even pay for itself.