The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Weapon Suggestion] Mjölnir, The Throwable Hammer

Fenrisulfr

Yes, I'm aware that this is cliche as hell. Please, bear with me.

So, Mjolnir would be hammer similar to Frago, but it would also have additional elemental effect (like Amphis and Mire). That effect could, traditionally, be electricity, or even frost, if we want something different.

And another unique effect to it would be that when charged, instead of swing, it is thrown in a straight path, dealing damage to all enemies it hits.

Now, I have 2 ideas about return mechanism.

1.)After it comes to its maximum range or a wall, It flies back to the owner, like a boomerang, dealing damage and/or knocking down enemies in its path.

2.)At the end of its path, it slams down on floor, dealing damage and/or knocking down nearby enemies in certain radius (also procs whatever natural elemental thing it has, like a ground slam). It will be teleported back to the owner after several seconds, but it also can be walked over to pick it up.

Feedback would be appreciated. :D

Edited by Fenrisulfr

Why the F*** not?

You want to be a space ninja AND Thor? Preposterous.

Cause ninjas going around with great swords, axes and battle hammers are fine, but throwing a hammer is beyond the pale.

Edited by Aggh

As the obvious authority on this subject:

Yes please.

I like the boomerang suggestion a bit more.

I rofl'd.

Savan, considering all things in Warframe, I don't think its that unbelievable. For sake of reality, we can say that is uses some kind of graviton technology which allows it to be propelled with such power, and its programmed to return to the thrower.

In any case, thats why I made second suggestion with teleporting if people deem "boomerang" too silly.

Edited by Fenrisulfr

I rofl'd.

Savan, considering all things in Warframe, I don't think its that unbelievable. For sake of reality, we can say that is uses some kind of graviton technology which allows it to be propelled with such power, and its programmed to return to the thrower.

In any case, thats why I made second suggestion with teleporting if people deem "boomerang" too silly.

Sci-fi teleporting? Okay you beat me at my own game you won the argument.

hmm. Since we get the glaive, I dont see the usage of that weapon. but maybe as a skin/alternative.

But by that logic, we could get rid of all but one of the dual swords, all but one of the dual daggers... I think you get the point. It really wouldn't be hard to differentiate them - the glaive is bladed and could be more effective against the infested and Mjolnir could have armor piercing (The Fragor does, so this makes sense) and therefore be more effective against Grineer, for example.

Edited by Thor

^^

Like I was saying to a friend of mine, DE just needs to give us sheer amount of items and people would generally be happy. This gun with different has 1% higher dmg but 1% lower fire rate? Doesn't matter! People will totally get it.

Oh,also, we're getting glaive?

Edited by Fenrisulfr

^^

Like I was saying to a friend of mine, DE just needs to give us sheer amount of items and people would generally be happy. This gun with different has 1% higher dmg but 1% lower fire rate? Doesn't matter! People will totally get it.

Oh,also, we're getting glaive?

Yup, they hinted at its coming in the last livestream.

Yep, the glaive is comming in the form of a melee weapon that gets thrown on the charge attack.

This opens the door for other weapons that act in a similar fashion. Like a hammer for example.

It is completely reasonable based on the precendent already set with the current weapon variety.

Additional idea for differentiation:

I'm imagining the glaive regular melee as relatively quick and possibly multi-target. Mjolnir, on the other hand, is hefty, and makes more sense to me as a slower, heavier-hitting, single-target weapon.

Edited by Thor

Additional idea for differentiation:

I'm imagining the glaive regular melee as relatively quick and possibly multi-target. Mjolnir, on the other hand, is hefty, and makes more sense to me as a slower, heavier-hitting, single-target weapon.

True. What I really want to see is a throwable spear :3

Doing normal attacks like bo, and charged is point at one enemy and impale him to the wall. Spear re-appears on your back after 10 seconds if he flies out of the map. If you pinned an enemy to the wall, you could easily claim it back =)

Its a good idea. It should have some innate bonuses,though, if it isn't multi-target.

I was thinking armor piercing and relatively high damage. Maybe stagger? It is Mjolnir.

True. What I really want to see is a throwable spear :3

Doing normal attacks like bo, and charged is point at one enemy and impale him to the wall. Spear re-appears on your back after 10 seconds if he flies out of the map. If you pinned an enemy to the wall, you could easily claim it back =)

Could be cool if it functioned like Paris' arrows - so if you lined it up well you could end up impaling two or three guys. Obviously the return-time might need a bit of tweaking, 10 seconds seems like a long time to go without Mjolnir! D: