Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Is Disappointing ! :(

ZedricRay

one imagines that with time and the amount of development that warframe has a connection problem for some users will be solve quickly. but that not the case. lets think about this. i know its not easy to solve, im ok with that. but u have almost 40% of your player base with login problems that makes it an instant priority. but we still here because we all love this game, we are still supporting 3 or 4 days of disconecting, infernal lag, awesome bug, or not loging at all.

and to improve everything we do not have a single news of the progress of the solution

and the funniest thing is that they ask for patience when they do not care about keeping us calm

I'm new to posting on this forum, this issue will probably be out of place but the only thing I ask is some information about the solution if the there will some day or if I should resign myself to play little or no play at all

I love this game, and the community is great, just ask the developers a little more understanding for those affected with this problem
some players lose patience, others endure a little more, but all that could be avoided with a little information about the state of the problem

Greetings to all my clan mates and friends and happy hunting tenno :D !!

In the last 6 months Warframe/DE was just like a Steam Sale. They both do stuff but they can´t secure or handle the traffic.

Agree. DE is quite ambitious. They have a lot of cool ideas and want to add them to the game. But it seems like they don't have enough people/time to handle problems after adding new stuff or balance/tweak current content.

is fun to watch as u guys find it funny or annoying xD
I do not really care about the reason for the problem, really want to know what I can do to fix it, or if I can not fix it, or at least the developers discuss with the community some of the progress for the solution

DDOS, not DE's fault that's true

but why not inform those affected as they solve the problem?

probably some of you can get in the game, but remember that there are others who can not enter at all, do not expect these people to think like you

Greetings :D

Not DE´s fault but they should handle the problem.PERIOD!

Oh ya you know, just handle it. You know that governments can get DDOS'd and often can do very little about it. What do you think DE was just sitting there like "Huh guess we can't log in. Oh well." 

And nice edit to period, like that makes it any easier for them. "Oh this guy was serious! You're right we should probably hit the stop DDOS button now."

Edited by immolator1001

Not DE´s fault but they should handle the problem.Stop being such a fanboy.

Please go read up on DDoS attacks and how easilly and quickly they can be resolved. Then come back and delete your comment after you realize how stupid it made your self look.

I hope people realize that this is not just a problem that is "dealt with," or "handled." A Ddos is a very difficult thing to fix, because of servers being overloaded with too much traffic.

Although most people don't realize this and when they hear Ddos they think "oh well this is a small problem, just go send some tech guy to fix your servers."

Also people are being informed about the problem, if you searched the forums. If you want answers go search the help forums.

Maybe DE can set up a protection in the server that locks down Dark Sector nodes and freezes Dark Sector related timer, Argon Crystal timer, booster timer and other time related content when the server is being attack until everything is fine again.

Edited by yles9056

is fun to watch as u guys find it funny or annoying xD
I do not really care about the reason for the problem, really want to know what I can do to fix it, or if I can not fix it, or at least the developers discuss with the community some of the progress for the solution

DDOS, not DE's fault that's true

but why not inform those affected as they solve the problem?

probably some of you can get in the game, but remember that there are others who can not enter at all, do not expect these people to think like you

Greetings :D

If you dont' care for the reason for the problem, don't even bother bringing it up in the first place. DE has already made multiple statements on the matter right here on these very forums, but that would require you to read the forums.

Please do so.

Please go read up on DDoS attacks and how easilly and quickly they can be resolved. Then come back and delete your comment after you realize how stupid it made your self look.

I once called someone ´´stupid´´ on forums and I got 1 warning point. You should edit that. If I got , so can you, So, I´ll be back in a few minutes to report.

Oh ya you know, just handle it. You know that governments can get DDOS'd and often can do very little about it. What do you think DE was just sitting there like "Huh guess we can't log in. Oh well." 

And nice edit to period, like that makes it any easier for them. "Oh this guy was serious! You're right we should probably hit the stop DDOS button now."

Actually I replaced ´´stop being such a fanboy´´ with ´´PERIOD´´ . I can edit and change back if you don´t like ´´PERIOD´´

How to even start explaining...

Let us say that you have a webpage. If your webpage gets ddosed, you can easily defend against it. Just put a limit on how often people can send the website, packages.

Since it is just a webpage, the users will not notice any difference.

And then you have game servers.

Let us take minecraft for example.

You can not restrict incoming traffic, because that would create lag. You could restrict the size of each allowed package, but it must still be large enough so that the server is not causing lag.

Let us then say that your server can handle 100 people at the same time, while still having enough bandwidth to turn down those who tries to connect while the server is full.

Let us say that you can handle 1000 people requesting log inn while the server is full.

And BANG!

Your server just got hit by 100000 requests, and a new 100000 requests is generated each second.

Your server is trying to handle as many requests it can each cpu cycle, but it is not enough! Players on the server will experience lag while the server is collecting every bit of power to try and handle the requests.

But it fails, it locks up and you have to reboot the server.

But when it gets online again, it still gets requested 100000 times a second, so it locks up again.

So what can you do?

If the ddosers is using pseudo IPs, all the requests are unique. Who is genuine and who is not?

How does one solve this?