Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add Some Filters To Latest Topic/latest Staff Replies/etc.

CedarDpg

While I sometimes browse the actual forums directly, most of the times I just read through the top level recent posts/recent staff responses.

As a straight PC player (I don't currently have a PS4), when I browse the forums, I have no interest in seeing the recent posts in PS4 specific forums nor recent staff responses to PS4 topics in PS4 specific forums. I cannot even reply in those threads and they have little bearing on me. On the flip-side, if I was a PS4 only player, I would say the same for PC specific forums in which I, as a hypothetical PS4 user would have no interest in PC only topics. (I'm assuming PS4 forums accounts cannot post replies in PC specific forums topics either.) These topics showing up in recent posts/responses take up valuable real estate in the lists.

What I would like to see is a toggle-able option in our profile settings that would allow us to disable displaying PS4 specific as well as PC specific topics from displaying in those lists. (Do not hide the categories in the forums themselves as it'd still be nice to delve in there sometimes.)

Edited by CedarDpg

I think that for this to work, they would have to create 2 different forums entirely.

Nah, they'd have to add some extra code to the recent posts that checks to see if the player has those options selected and if so, not display anything that's in the foreign language sections at the bottom or anything that's in the ps4 or pc specific sections and then fill in the slots with whatever's most recent from the rest of the forums. It'd be a relatively easy fix. Heck, a code newbie like me could probably whip something up without too much trouble, so I know a dev over there could easily do it in no time flat (if they have time to look at the board's code or if they're already familiar with it)...

Edited by CedarDpg