The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Kraken...

LiekZomg

At higher level it should out DPS Gorgon for the short haul if the current fire rates and damage in the UI are correct

The gun shoots a 2 round burst so that 45 base damage is really like a 90

16 is also plenty for accuracy and if you give it an increased fire rate mod this will lower the recoil spread making the gun much better

I always thought the Kraken was a great gun, but it isn't for everyone. Sounds like it's just not the weapon for you.

Takes some getting used to before you can get full effect, but it deals out serious damage with fair rate of fire and ammo efficiency in the hands of someone who knows how to use it.

Personally I like the Bronco better, but Kraken ain't too bad, though Lato Vandal is also better in my opinion.

Viper/Twin Vipers and Afurius is just plain tons of fun but ammo reserves run out quickly

Akbolto is good all around.

--

Edited by Nokturnal

One of my favorite sidearms, though i prefer the Lex for long range engagements and the Viper for pure BRAAAAAAAK*click* fun, the Kraken is a satisfying weapon to use. It's damage output is quiet high, especially if you manage to counteract the recoil and i realy enjoy it's look and Sound and i have no Problem killing any Kind of mob with that little piece of murder Technology.

Though some People might not like the two round burst, i can't think of any downside besides that.

I 2shot ancients with my kraken.

well 2 rounds so 4 bullets because of its double fire. 45 per shot so 90 and with one of the shot being a headshot its actually 45+90 = 135.

Not hard just aim chest first and the 2nd shot should be a auto headshot from the recoil.

That's the trick to it.

it's a OP pistol one of the best actually, but it takes skill to master it lol. If you get good with it you can just waste the first shot and fire a headshot at long range oneshotting all mobs.

it's definitely one of the more skill reliant pistols instead of hurr durr hold down left click and spray.

Edited by --Sensei--

• 3 weeks later...

..............never listen to anything anyone who advises you to 2 shot ancients by shooting them in the head says..............................................................

anyways, I'd give sicarus a shot first. sicarus actually does more dps, is more accurate, much cheaper to get, has a faster reload, has a higher crit rate, and has a V polarity...but is even harder to use fully. I personally don't like either of them. they only really shine if you can get all the hits to connect to a weakpoint, which takes a lot of practice and concentration for small weakpoints like grineer heads...and it still won't outdps akvipers or even the nerfed akbolto

as far as pistols go, mathematically they're superb. in practice...you're not gonna be able to manage the recoil and time all your shots to the maximum firerate in battle to reach their mathematical potential

If you don't like a gun in the beginning, you most likely won't like it afterwards. It's all about choosing the right tools to compensate for your play style in my opinion. And the way things are designed in this game especially with weapons I'd say where one weapon excels the others compensate in different aspects.

I had thought, "Hey new pistol and I need a new one to level"  So I got it and went with it.  Figured the double shot wouldn't be so bad.

While leveling it, I got used to the quirks quickly and learned a few key things.  Use at pretty close range.  Roughly about triple melee range max except in a couple circumstances.

Those special circumstances are things like when you don't care that the second bullet will miss, if you just need one bullet to hit the head, or when firing at high angle or low angle.  The first one, if one bullet will kill the target that you truly need dead, then the range doesn't matter since the first bullet hits what you point at unless you fire too frequently.  The second situation, if you only need one precision/head shot, then aim for the head, or aim the right amount below the head so either the first or the second bullet hit the head.  If you keep with the gun, you will be able to get a body shot first shot and head shot second.

The third and fourth situations involving angle and height.  With the way the game is working, the extremes of aiming up or down cut back on the kick effect.  So the second shot of the burst often almost perfectly follows the first.  They are off track, but they have so little spread that both shots will hit the same body part.

As a gun, it does need mods to make it more comfortable for anyone, which does separate it out from the other guns.  Most of them anyone an take and like.  But the Kraken, even if someone likes it, they won't use it straight up.  They would grind it through until they can get some decent mods on it, but they will not like the grind portion of the leveling.  Other guns hold their own at any time but the Kraken just always feels slightly uncomfortable.

kraken is honestly the best pistol if you use it right, you see its the hardest out of all the pistols to use effectively for example if your shooting a grineer you must shoot in the chest somewhere and make sure the 2nd part of the burst (2nd bullet) hits their weakspot(the head) and then it dishes out massive damage. Even then a fully upgraded kraken with multishot is litterly a long ranged shotgun in your hands if you use those tactics I just said it becomes a deathdealer the only problem is saying this is easier than doing it, I like it because its challenging and rewarding but not even I can always manage to pull it off when theres a laggy host or grineer moving, or just doing it in general. I do manage to do it though about 60-70 percent of the time usually the high damage and multishot kills them regardless

If you don't like a gun in the beginning, you most likely won't like it afterwards. It's all about choosing the right tools to compensate for your play style in my opinion. And the way things are designed in this game especially with weapons I'd say where one weapon excels the others compensate in different aspects.

I disagree with that. We're inclined to dislike things that we're not used to, so you should try to play a few levels with it before you really make up your mind. Some weapons tend to grow on you after a while, even if you didn't like them at first.

think lex but slightly weaker and two bullets

first shot accurate second goes wide unless YOU can control it.

personally liked my sicarus alot more at least i can get the all bullets on one target.

its actually way stronger than the lex its just harder to use, if you hit their body or a part of it and then their weakspot with the 2nd shot (which you can do if you practice alot) it dishes out a enormous amount of damage compared to 2 lex shots