The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Get Da Marelok Right Nooow!

(PSN)TheFuriousFajita

I had this beast for the longest, always been my go to secondary. Recently I just formaed it 4 times and it now wrecks the holy fajitas out of your taco...

Seriously... This gun 1 shot everything below lvl40... heavy gunners in t4? I got ma marelok. Napalms in 50 mons grinder survival? I got ma marelok. Corrupted vor? I got ma marelok...

And the problem is that it's so underused... I see sooo many people running around with the lex prime and marelok does twice the damage!

So.. tell your neighbors and your friends, marelok is love, marelok is life.

Don't tell your neighbors.

#marelokswag

Over here everyone and their momma is running around with a Marelok. It wrecks all sorts of face, and it's a one-shot-kill sniper in PvP. 

The accuracy of the bullet(s) does leave a little bit to be desired every now and then, but for the most part, it is quite a sniper pistol. 

running around with the lex prime and marelok does twice the damage!

a reason more to use the lex instead of it ... still have fun with the balistica (and ever other weapon, others thing are bad), cause srew dmg !

The accuracy of the bullet(s) does leave a little bit to be desired every now and then, but for the most part, it is quite a sniper pistol.

X ironic enough that's one thing I like about marelok. At long range I don't need perfect aim to hit enemies because of the 280% multishot's spray. I am playing on ps4 so aiming can be a problem at times :)

Hornet strike is 14 points, barrel diffusion 11, lethal torrent 11, convulsion 11, pathogen rounds 11, ice storm 9, malignant force 7, seeker 15.

Maybe 3 is enough but I like seeker on marelok :P

I tend to leave out Lethal Torrent (and Run a Barrel Diffusion 10) for more reliability with killing enemies, since I do not want to count in my head which shot would have three bullets or not, and thus predict whether or not it would kill the enemy (barring critical damage, of course). 

And I think you could run maxed Jolt instead of Convulsion, and replace Ice Storm for Deep Freeze, for a more Status-orientated build. The fire rate is sufficient enough, as well as the reload speed. 

I tend to leave out Lethal Torrent (and Run a Barrel Diffusion 10) for more reliability with killing enemies, since I do not want to count in my head which shot would have three bullets or not, and thus predict whether or not it would kill the enemy (barring critical damage, of course). 

And I think you could run maxed Jolt instead of Convulsion, and replace Ice Storm for Deep Freeze, for a more Status-orientated build. The fire rate is sufficient enough, as well as the reload speed.

Good point. I use to run 10 barrel diffusion so I get 2 bullets every time but since I tried lethal torrent I can never use it without it. Btw I don't have jolt, sadly enough :( and ice storm is just for the 2 extra shots, I don't mind losing 20% ice damage.

It's not an assault rifle, it's a shooty piece of wood with a bullet filled banana attached to it. 

I find the Soma somewhat unreliable with its less than 100% critical chance, even with Corrupted Mods (while I do understand that 89.6 [or some number close to it] critical chance is rather close to 100%, having a sudden bullet dealing normal damage does tend to make me lose count). I would probably run with the Synapse or Dread for guaranteed critical chance rather than max DPS (predictability and subsequent easier ammo efficiency management over max DPS). 

I find the Soma somewhat unreliable with its less than 100% critical chance, even with Corrupted Mods (while I do understand that 89.6 [or some number close to it] critical chance is rather close to 100%, having a sudden bullet dealing normal damage does tend to make me lose count). I would probably run with the Synapse or Dread for guaranteed critical chance rather than max DPS (predictability and subsequent easier ammo efficiency management over max DPS). 

I like fast-firing guns. Blame it on my love of real fast firing guns, but they're just my thing. Plus, I've found the DPS you get from soma is pretty reliable once you're holding down the trigger. If you have split chamber on you're pretty much critting on every shot. 

I like fast-firing guns. Blame it on my love of real fast firing guns, but they're just my thing. Plus, I've found the DPS you get from soma is pretty reliable once you're holding down the trigger. If you have split chamber on you're pretty much critting on every shot. 

I prefer reliable, accurate and moderate fire rate guns.