Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Obex, Jat Kittag, And Serro

hijinks_the_turtle

Question

Are these fun weapons to use?  I kinda think punching and kicking enemies to death is fun, crushing enemies with a jet powered hammer is ridiculously awesome, and swinging a larger version of the Prova is cool!  If so, does Obex scale well?  I know the others are top tier end game weapons if used correctly.

12 answers to this question

Jat Kittag is so slow that it actually feels like your Warframe is affected by ice proc. Obex and Serro are great weapons and fun to use as well.

Maybe if you aren't using max fury, and berserker. I've always found it to be a decent speed for the damage output. Granted it's no Dragon Nikana but still.

Maybe if you aren't using max fury, and berserker. I've always found it to be a decent speed for the damage output. Granted it's no Dragon Nikana but still.

It's slow with Maxed Fury as well, and Berserker won't do much with 5% crit chance, and crap melee crit mods won't help that much either.

Kogake>obex last I checked.

This is true, the main benefit of Obex is the slam aoe. 

While the Kogake does have more damage than the Obex, it's slower and has less crit chance. Haven't used either in a while though, don't know if the speed and crit is enough to choose it over the Kogake.

Are these fun weapons to use?  I kinda think punching and kicking enemies to death is fun, crushing enemies with a jet powered hammer is ridiculously awesome, and swinging a larger version of the Prova is cool!  If so, does Obex scale well?  I know the others are top tier end game weapons if used correctly.

These weapons...are not good at all in my opinion.

End-game weapons are the copters basically, and none of these are copters.

Get yourself a pair of Dual Ichors and enjoy completing missions with the speed of rainbow dash.

Jat Kittag is the ragdoll master. If you can get your hands on crushing ruin and put a maxed reach on you can send whole rooms flying with the spin combo. It's very satisfying. I find that it provides ability-levels of CC on occasion. 

Serro is fun, it can be easily modded for grineer or corpus. Very versatile, very solid.

Obex is fast but you can't copter due to the silly spin attack animation. IMO it's not the best melee around, but it's certainly fun.

I'd say go with whatever you like. Endgame content is both silly and optional.

Agreed with all of the above, except that personally, I prefer Obex over Kogake. Even if the Kogake has more damage, it's not really going to matter because neither are high-tier weapons anyways- the Obex, at least, can trigger Berserker more often and its speed benefits more from it. With that in mind, the Obex hits like a train after it gets going, and really pushes up those melee combo counters. That's better than just initial damage IMO.