The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does The Electric Shield Make Volt Useful Again?

Taki.H

Question

So i just saw a guy with a volt and his soma on a ODA mission and he 1-shot every single head lephantis has with his electric shield and soma combo.so i always thought volt was pretty useless in the higher level except for maybe his speed skill,but wouldnt this trick make him the absolut boss killer?

11 answers to this question

So i just saw a guy with a volt and his soma on a ODA mission and he 1-shot every single head lephantis has with his electric shield and soma combo.so i always thought volt was pretty useless in the higher level except for maybe his speed skill,but wouldnt this trick make him the absolut boss killer?

He must have had some godly builds on both his Volt and Soma. Can't imagine how else that could have happened.

What do you mean by 'again' in the title? Volt has always been a powerful Warframe when it comes to shield + crit weapons.

Perhaps he hasn't touched Volt in a year or since the nerf last year and is unaware of the buff he got or is primarily a shield Volt and has never used anything else, even speed and never uses melee weapons.

Edited by JacobLittle

I would say Volt has a lot to offer in terms of individual and team play at any levels, and probably always has done.

Also, as well as amplifying damage, crit chance and projectile speed, Electric Shield can take an unlimited amount of enemy fire. Its only foe is time.

Shield gives a 200% crit buff which can be stacked with multiple shields, so soma/synapse/amprex do very well through it.

Actually they removed the stacking buff just a few hotfixes ago, sadly. 

However Volt's speed is a great team buff, especially for increasing melee speed. 

i just tried it myself with no specific build and i took him out with half a soma round and 2 electric shields.this is godly.i think i'm gonna  make a electric shield and crit build on my volt an soma because this is awesome

:OOOOOOOO say it's not so!!!!

I know. I know. It was a tragic day in Tenno history, for sure. Volt was my starter frame, back when he could be. I rebuilt him to take advantage of the shield stacking. As he was cooking in the Foundry, they patched it out. I was devastated. Sometimes, I know how the Stalker feels.

Edited by RawGritz