Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is Your Best Bet That A Country Is Bound To Host The Next Fifa?

Soulphoenix1

What's wrong with it? Its better than Football or Basketball.

FIFA is the worst everything.

They're corrupt; they bully countries into debauching themselves for the promise of tourism revenue that they never see. FIFA takes it all and pays essentially no tax on any of it.

FIFA is completely rotten, and the sport is not worth having them around.

FIFA is the worst everything.

They're corrupt; they bully countries into debauching themselves for the promise of tourism revenue that they never see. FIFA takes it all and pays essentially no tax on any of it.

FIFA is completely rotten, and the sport is not worth having them around.

Better than mindless football 

I forget soccer is a sport.

It's right there with Ultimate Frisbee.

I can't even begin to get interested in association football. Something about seeing people care about sportsball that much makes me queasy. There's no accounting for taste, but I don't really like anything the world has shown me about the global soccer community.

In the U.S. all we typically see of "football" is people weeping, streaking, attacking each other, rioting and killing each other, and it's not what I'd call attractive. Basically the sportsball equivalent of the AAA "FPS" community.

The truth is probably that soccer is no more violent or sleazy on the whole than any other big money sport. It just can't do anything to cover up its nasty bits, mostly because of its global visibility and the massive scale of organizations like FIFA. It's too big for meaningful accountability or regulation, and that means more vice. That's my "disinterested observer" theory, anyway.