Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's The Point Of Fieldron Samples And Detonite Ampules

--Q--Ascended-Seraphim

And to a lesser extent, mutagen samples?

We get the complete forms of these resources easily enough through invasions (much appreciated DE).

I am amassing tons of these blue donuts which also seem to clog up 4 of my distilling extractors every 8 hours.

This is the eqivalent of space junk in its current state.

Can we have some other use for them?

Maybe they can be a tradable currency only usable to trade the corpus or grineer for some neat stuff.

Edited for clarity.

Edited by --Q--Ascended-Seraphim

Actually it's the other way around, those are the "raw" materials to make a fieldron (fieldron sample) or to make a mutagen mass (mutagen sample) you can get the completed item through invasions or craft them from those materials, i think the same applies to Detonite ampules.

Or maybe we could just sell them to their respective faction for credits, since it's way too expensive to build detonite injectors and fieldron via blueprints from the clan tech labs. Wouldn't work for mutagen samples though... perhaps Salad V would be interested in our unneeded mutagen samples.

I think with the addition of invasions, receiving research materials is much more a pain than it used to be. They are completely useless for me now.

Moon clans need a metric S#&$ ton of them. For example, the Amprex research requires 1500 of Fieldron SAMPLES, and that is only one gun. Imagine how many it will take to finish all the research.

*Toting 3k fieldron samples.*

Edited by (PS4)IIIDevoidIII

We get too many of the finished products from Invasions, agreed.  I think it's pretty ridiculous how easy it is to get ClanTech weapons now.  It's way too easy IMO.

Moon clans need a metric S#&$ ton of them. For example, the Amprex research requires 1500 of Fieldron SAMPLES, and that is only one gun. Imagine how many it will take to finish all the research.

Imagine what would happen if DE made these drop as often as O cells, neurodes and neural sensors. (:O the horror!

Most people have at least 500 samples( I have 1000+) A Moon Clan has ~1000 people in it. Even if most of them are inactive it's very easy to get those samples together.