The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Awesome Internet Broken, Thanks...

NovusInfinitas

Hello all.

Sorry if it's not in the correct forum area.

Well.. thanks.. I've spent some time with others hunting the forums, google, etc for different fixes fir that StrictNAT/port pop-up me and everyone else get's in-game.

With tons or maybe even all options done and tried, still something came up, so in the end? Epicly useless..

Ok so.. we put everything back as it was no use, and now my internet seems broken.. Can still browse, get on Skype, etc.. but Steam, UTorrent, etc won't work anymore.. can't connect to peers or whatever.. even games won't connect to their servers anymore, except warframe since I'm the host of sorts and with Steam in Offline mode.

It's like it doesn't recognize ports, can't get things, etc.. (not a tech person myself and the others that helped got no clue either, thinks the router needs "time" to reset.. my rear with that, been a while/days already..).

For example UTorrent just shows those download bars but in red with the text "Connecting to peers ....%" and doesn't download jack anymore.

It does seem to be just my pc and not the others so I'm thinking Firewall maybe but we didn't change anything with that.. I only added something for warframe to it then just removed it again after so nothing changed.

Does anyone know anything on what could have caused this and/or how to fix this?

And please DE no copy-paste replies from your "fixes" notepad file.. they tend to not always work or at least not the StrictNAT part.. will have a more detailed thing or add all of it to a review/feedback thread another time. (Not sure if it'll be detailed but simply more like some mini/side review/feedback).

Whether I reply to a post with say like "Thanks, great advice" or such depends if it's actually useful, some things have been tried before and if so I'll just let that reply collect dust.. no offense..

Thanks in advance and only useful posts please, will list some things below that have been done after it all.

*Router off and back on again. (Works for a short while then it all stops/blocks again except standard internet).

*PC Reboot and Internet cable unplugged and plugged back in. (Worked a certain time after the router off/on switch, not anymore).

*Checked router settings and others, all returned to what the settings were before we thought to fix the StrictNAT based on their guides and stuff.

Edited by NovusInfinitas

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but I solved a similar problem with a friend.

1. Open up Internet Explorer. Yes, Internet Explorer.

2. Go to "Settings", then "Internet Options".

3. Go to the "Advanced" tab and click on "Reset".

Let me know if that works. Also, do not place blame on DE or anyone else and make sure that your future posts are more clear and concise.

The steps above could be a good start. (reset internet explorer settings).

But it seems to me like if your firewall rules have been reset.

(this is why you can access internet but not to certains programs). These programs needs an administrator permission to connect to the internet. So you have to view your firewall and allow them in its rules.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but I solved a similar problem with a friend.

1. Open up Internet Explorer. Yes, Internet Explorer.

Let me know if that works. Also, do not place blame on DE or anyone else and make sure that your future posts are more clear and concise.

The evil that is Internet Explorer.. heh.. but ok done and no change.

Also not blaming DE in general, it's just the poor choice of the game's "host" system, if you collect tons of threads and posts you see it's nothing but trouble and no other games exist that ever had these type of problems before (that I know of, and that are alot of games).

Also updates seem to break the host system even more.. like some friends could play this a long time ago, an update was done, StrictNAT came back, fixed, update->StrictNAT, fixed, update->StrictNAT, etc and now StrictNAT can't be removed or not by the known/standard things DE has on their guide page, think they need to update that page with more options to try, it's lacking..

You shouldn't mess with things if you don't know how to fix them.

"You" would be the people that tried to help, not me, I'm no tech person and they full well knew what they were doing, everything was put back to the way they were, guides were followed, etc.

Also admin launch doesn't work, I'm the only user on here and everything already goes with admin rights.

To the other quoted ones about Firewall.

There was only a rule added specific forWarframe, UDP/TCP ones with 3960/3962 but removed again later on as it was useless.

Did just check the Rules list and nothing is different from before we decided to check the all the things to fix StrictNAT. Every rule in there is still fine.

Edit: Extended Security could have been off and the other guy is going to check it again with it off, the idiot probably forgot about that if it does work afterwards.

Edited by NovusInfinitas

As stupid as it sounds, what do you use as an AntiVirus, and have you done a FULL system scan?

As for links with pertinent information, here are a few:

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

This is a tough issue to resolve without actually being at your computer myself, and as I said I have only ever encountered a similar problem one other time in my life. 

As stupid as it sounds, what do you use as an AntiVirus, and have you done a FULL system scan?

As for links with pertinent information, here are a few:

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

This is a tough issue to resolve without actually being at your computer myself, and as I said I have only ever encountered a similar problem one other time in my life. 

Just waiting after the router got reset and settings have Extended Security off, it usually ran perfect for 1-3 hours before with a reset then all the games stopped working so could have been that but will wait and see how it turns out.

If it doesn't work I'll check those links. Scratch that last bit.. I'll just hunt every forum thread and turn them all into one (new) guide thread.. easier with a new title then having the thread be confusing.

Thanks for the help though.

Edited by NovusInfinitas