Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

G3 Farming - Slash/channel Damage Questions.

(PSN)icysuspect

Question

Farming the Grustrag Three (G3) for Brakk components. I was using a Nekros with max range/efficiency Desecrate. We also used a Vauban with Bastille to trivialize the battle. In my 5 hours of farming, they spawned twice, once during an invasion mission, and the second time on Cambria, Earth. The first time, they dropped the blueprint. The second time, they dropped the receiver. Confirmed that I desecrated all three both times. Just need the barrel now, so I'm trying to find out if I can raise my chances of getting a part with the slash damage dismemberment and desecrate synergy.

1. Can the G3 be cut in half with the Dragon Nikana, to allow for double the desecration?

2. Can the G3 be cut in half with the Dread, to allow for double desecration?

3. Will elemental damage on either prevent/lower my chances to cut them in half?

4. Will channeling on the Dragon Nikana prevent/lower my chances to cut them in half?

5. Which is more effective for cutting them in half, the Dread, or the Dragon Nikana?

6. Is the slash damage cutting them in half proc-dependent?

Answers to these three will help me maximize my potential, when farming both the G3 and other lesser mobs for stances and so forth. Hopefully they will help others as well. Thank you to all replies, I appreciate the assistance, though replies based in fact instead of opinion are always better. It takes so long for these guys to show up, so you want to be doing it right when they do. 

Edited by (PS4)icysuspect

9 answers to this question

Well here's the thing. I'd suggest a weapon like Pyrana to do so. 

They can be desecrated if they are killed/cut into chunks.

I don't think elemental damage will lower a base damage proc chance. (Don't quote me on that)

I would not suggest channeling. Remember. That disintegrates them. 

As stated above use something like Pyrana.