Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Into The Origins Of The Stalker (Wierd Idea/concept)

lightdragon64

So i'm not entirely sure that this can be considered a concept or what but i noticed for the first time when looking at the fan art section on the picture by 9 hopper that the stalker and the Excalibur share the same body armor and style. Literally the only difference between the two is color and helmet!

So here is what i think. stalker at some point used to be an Excalibur warframe! (possibly the first warframe ever?) and submitted himself under the leadership of the lotus. but at some point during his time with the lotus something happened that caused him to either leave the tenno or betray them (stalkers codex entry would be a good example) and for this the lotus attempted to kill him but only left him slightly scarred as he escaped with his helmet sliced partially off.

scarred he took the remnants of his warframe suit and changed it. new colors and all he began to repair what was once his helmet but he didn't want it to look like an Excalibur so he changed it, reforged it if you will and the result is the helmet of his frame you see today. 

the stalker then sat from the sides in the shadows watching... waiting... just out of sight studying the tenno, learning their weakness and using their own powers against them, he made weapons ready to fight them,  forging a scythe from material made to rend tenno's armor useless, and throwing blades sharp enough to tear through shields, and finally a bow that has abilities of tearing tenno limb from limb... what did he call them? the same things he felt when the lotus attemped to kill him... Hate... Despair... and Dread... waiting in the shadows he records our wrongdoings and waits for a chance to strike back at the lotus for attempting to take his life away by taking the lives of here precious tenno. 

i also noticed that whenever the stalker attacks and manages to defeat you he refers to himself as us. this could mean that he has lost his mind when the lotus attempted to kill him, or maybe the stalker is not the only one who is secretly watching the lotus and her tenno from the shadows 

point being i think it would be extremely cool if a quest were to be made that allowed for players to unravel the mystery of the past regarding the stalker and where his origins lay. because to me it is very obvious that at some point he used to be an Excalibur.

(sorry if this in the wrong section was not sure where to put this) i'm sorry if somebody else came up with a theory similar to mine because i don't browse through the forms all day and i also can't watch every prime time. so if somebody else came up with a theory close to mine or the devs mentioned it your feed back would be welcome regarding that. 

except stalker codex entry states that he dates back to the orokin era & is out for revenge because of a supposed tenno rebellion.

though DE could retcon with some kind of orokin sentry brainwashing in the void

The Stalker is a great Story Arc, Im very sure his not the only one... We have yet to see in Warframe the Colossus, Stinger, Chroma and the ultimate Nemesis, as a new Anti-Tenno Clan, Mercenaries, Faction... I hope DE keeps making more story quest... I love what they did before, hope they keep expanding the lore this way...

Edited by 0zryel

Really good idea, it should involve Tenno looking for an Orokin Time Machine, then repairing it, and going back to the time of Stalker as an Orokin, and learn about his trip to Insanity. I also really want a Stalker helmet, so I can spook veterans and impress noobs with my scary Excalibur.