Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rng Being Stupid Or Intentional Coding? Stalker/g3/zanuka Attacking Tenno With Bad Gear

NoeleVeerod

If this were accurate, you'd see a whole lot more crying and whining from new players who just killed Vor and Jackal honestly.

Stalker would be all over them all the time if it were like that anyway.

The other two I don't know, but the first two planets would literally be Stalker's stomping grounds.

If this were accurate, you'd see a whole lot more crying and whining from new players who just killed Vor and Jackal honestly.

Stalker would be all over them all the time if it were like that anyway.

The other two I don't know, but the first two planets would literally be Stalker's stomping grounds.

Don't know. My experience with him is pretty biased. I'm pretty much used to being killed by him already... That's why I never complained the past 5 months... but what I'm saying is that I haven't had a fair fight with him for at least 5 months. All he does for me is join in, point his charged dread at me or Slash Dash and I've to revive and I don't even get a chance to shoot him. It's so pretty much standard by now that I don't even care about it anymore. xD

Maybe only a negligible minority complains because most people get Rhino from Jackal and from there on don't have any problems with being oneshotted anymore. Probably because Iron Skin grants alone more hitpoints than my whole Blind Rage Ember has with maxed-out Redirection equipped. And there are like no other viable builds for her because in the end she's no tank. ^^

That or people just don't care about that butthurt coward anymore and take being killed by him as granted. At least I see nobody complaining during random sessions when he spawns in and murders the whole squad. Some of the newer players I got paired with even asked if he's killable at all. So that's that. xD

Also I don't say anything should be changed... I don't need anything from that bastard anyways because I got all his gear back last year so I don't care about if my Ember can't win against him anymore as long as she performs well on the other game content.

Edited by MeduSalem

I'd really go for statistical bias here, seeing as I encountered 5 stalkers recently :

- 2 on me, one on weak frame during solo mission, one in a four man group using a well equipped frame and good weaponry. (1W/1L)

- 1 On teammate, was running lvl.30 frame, good sidearm and levelling crappy main weapon. Stalker was downed

- 1 On random PuG, dunno how he was equipped popped on the cryopod during a defense minions, stalker got instagibbed :)

- 1 On random PuG who was playing door hero on the far side of the map. Blamed us for "not coming to help him". I actually enjoyed this one a lot :)

Of course if stalker nabs you while you're on a low level frame and you know you have no chance, it's frustrating and you remember it. But if you face him wearing top gear and vaporize him without breaking tempo, you just shrug it off. One appearance creates lasting frustration, the other is just perceived as "normal course of the game", hence the psychlogical bias.

As far as I know... I haven't seen the Harvester since February 2nd. :l

RasJDbp.jpg

alad is already poor, 

as for the stalker, he still got tons of names in his list, he's like santa claus.

seriously, its RNG, I got to meet the G3 2x in a 10 invasion missions completed, in a maxed frame and all weapons maxed, that includes the stalker and the harvester all in one day.

Edited by Einschiever

I'm starting to take into consideration the hypothesis that the devs intentionally coded the Assassin units (Stalker, Zanuka, Grustrag) so that they have greater chances to appear when we are most vulnerable (as in: newly redeemed gear, Forma'ed equipment...), because it really bugs me out how I never see these guys around as if they were avoiding me, only to see them coming like blood-hungry beasts once I'm equipped with cr*ppy gear. The Grustrag Three have been missing for MONTHS and I only see them TODAY, with a Warframe accidentally without any mods, a newly claimed Quanta and a Forma'd Lato Vandal.

We all feel that RNG seems to be designed to screw our game up (though sometimes it tries to be generous), but that would be total BS if DE purposedfully coded these infamous guys to strike us when we have little chance of react. I'm fine with all the sorts of buffs that they gave to them, so that they're not walking pinatas anymore, but I'm starting to be puzzled seeing as I'm not the only one getting utterly screwed by this, and being attacked when we have the reacting ability of a fresh rookie is not a fair fight.

Honestly ... I see a lot of these posts and they don't really make sense to me. The assassins are all completely RNG. There are a few things that make it seem this way though.

First up: Negativity Bias. People tend to remember bad events (stalker ambushing you in an unranked frame) vs good events (stalker ambushing you when you have your r30 soma). As such you'll tend to believe the bad events are more frequent since they are remembered more.

Second: When people are using high end gear, they are usually doing missions that the assassins are ineligible to spawn on. Things like void missions, boss missions, and derelicts will not allow the assassins to spawn. They need standard missions to spawn in, which players are more likely to run when they have unranked frames and gear.

These two factors contribute to people seeing a pattern where there is none.

Of course if stalker nabs you while you're on a low level frame and you know you have no chance, it's frustrating and you remember it. But if you face him wearing top gear and vaporize him without breaking tempo, you just shrug it off. One appearance creates lasting frustration, the other is just perceived as "normal course of the game", hence the psychlogical bias.

All I can say is that I agree with you.

@Ashnal: hey, I tend to remember positive encounters too, not just negative ones. Mainly because I don't get many visits from the Stalker, aside from a period when I encountered him 7 times in 5 days (and it was mostly positive).

I'm not saying it absolutely has to be intentional with no other possible option. I don't like writing on the forum at every nail that gets stuck in my feet. But then that would mean that RNG is screwing up with me, I honestly don't know what other reason would be behind the Assassins spawning when the odds are completely against me.

Also, one of the last times the Stalker spawned, I was on a mission in the Void. No joking. The only weapon I could throw at him was a Kestrel, because both my primary and secondary had been polarised again just a couple hours prior to the mission.

I completely understand your argument, I'm not denying it. It's not too different from what the other guy in the quote said, and I agree with that. That doesn't make me less baffled though. :'(

Edited by Vintovka

In any case I find stalker the easiest with frame that have a charging skill mechanic (slash dash tidal surge etc). 

You are near unable to be heat in that state, while letting team mates get a free shot at the stalker or forcing him to aggro enemies.

Maybe that is why i have great success with excal :o

Had my second run-in with Harvester yesterday. It was during an invasion mission, and I was running it with full level 30 Rhino Prime, Boltor Prime, Lex Prime, and my Dragon Nikana.

Even then, I still needed some help from the Grineer because of the puncture damage reduction against shields, which usually isn't an issue due to the low health of Corpus units.

It was also the first time I managed to beat an assassin, meaning I now have the Detron BP and Receiver.

I guess RNG was smiling on me.

I'd wish this was the case for me.

First mission of the day a few minutes ago during Corpus/Grineer invasion... he spawns in... I unloaded 2 full magazines of my forma'd Brakk into his face and he didn't care a bit. Of course he went on killing me in 2 hits then.

I literally give up on that bullcrap because I'm getting the paranoid feeling someone at DE doesn't like what I'm posting on the forum and therefore sends an invincible Uber-Stalker after me that one/twoshots me no matter what maxed out Frame or Weapons I'm carrying, no matter which level or mission I'm entering. :P

I just can't kill him anymore... and this goes on for the past 4 months. Before that he didn't even stand a chance but now he's just a revive-stealer and literally doesn't make any fun anymore.

Everytime when he comes I think I might have a chance this time... especial today when I had the Brakk... but nope. Not even close. And that's on my 5 times forma'd Ember Prime and 2 times forma'd Brakk while moving around as much as possible to avoid his Arrows. It's getting ridiculous. Not even my squad mates could do anything against him and one of them got even raped by his Absorb after he was done with me and I already had revived. He didn't even want to go without killing somebody else too.

The G3 and Zanuka would have been dead in 2 shots from my Brakk or whatever... They are not anywhere near this hardcore and I'd even go so far to say they should be buffed a little bit. Not even Hek or Prime Vor are this much of a bulletsponge as the Stalker currently seems to be for me. I haven't killed any boss for at least one or two months and still the Stalker shows up nearly every day during the first few missions and continues to give me the false impression that I might stand a chance.

Next time I see the Stalkers picture I will just Alt+F4 out of the friggin game because I've finally had it with this crap. When not even the Brakk does jack then my hope is gone and I won't have it anymore. I don't mind a fair challenge but this is really getting too suspicious for me. So I'll adapt to his coward levels and start to flee as well. Don't want to fight that creep anymore. I've got his stuff anyways back last year so there's no reason to keep on fighting him. ^^

Edited by MeduSalem

Well it sort of makes sense for hunters to ambush you when your builds not at it's best. Although the effects of getting taken out by these guys are annoying, they don't cost plat in terms of collateral damage (at least there not ambushing anyone in the dojo).

One caveat to this is that whatever changes they brought to these guys the past few updates is kind of weird. The hunters are way to powerful. I understand giving more powerful players a challenge, but the hunters really should be scaled to who they are hunting. No one should be getting one hit by these guys unless they truly have a derpy build set up when they run into a hunter.

Edited by Trajhenkhetlive

Second: When people are using high end gear, they are usually doing missions that the assassins are ineligible to spawn on. Things like void missions, boss missions, and derelicts will not allow the assassins to spawn. They need standard missions to spawn in, which players are more likely to run when they have unranked frames and gear.

Stalker does show up in void and derelict.

so true, when im out with ash , i dont see any of them and i have like 10+ marks on my azz , and i bet you now if i switch to my weakest frame they be in my next mission ^^) , not gon do tat tho those grustbolts locks w/e called annoying as fck.

They always find the perfect time... To make you suffer.

- Leveling Cernos!

Stalker... Two times. One win for him, one for me (killed with Manticore Scindo).

- Unprepared team on Ceres?

Grustrag! Three times in a row!

- Unprepared team on Earth?

Stalker...  Two shoted my Rhino Prime...

- Soloing Rescue 2.0?

Zanuka Hunter! (I beat her, unlike the other assains)

- Noone joined my Squad in a random mission?

Stalker again! Killed me with Hate... And in another occasion he just one-shoted me.

- Old Dark Sector with low-level Zephyr?

Stalker! One shot with his frikking Dread...

Seriously... I cannot believe they always show up when they shouldn't. Grustrag Three and Zanuka Hunter is fine (Zanuka even needs a buff), because they can be counter striked. However Stalker is cheap and irritating. There is two option: your team kill him in seconds or he murders you with one or two shots. Out of the three, Grustrag could be called challenging. But encountering a level 35+ Stalker with level 15-18 frame... Is not entertaining... At all.

I'm starting to take into consideration the hypothesis that the devs intentionally coded the Assassin units (Stalker, Zanuka, Grustrag) so that they have greater chances to appear when we are most vulnerable (as in: newly redeemed gear, Forma'ed equipment...), because it really bugs me out how I never see these guys around as if they were avoiding me, only to see them coming like blood-hungry beasts once I'm equipped with cr*ppy gear. The Grustrag Three have been missing for MONTHS and I only see them TODAY, with a Warframe accidentally without any mods, a newly claimed Quanta and a Forma'd Lato Vandal.

We all feel that RNG seems to be designed to screw our game up (though sometimes it tries to be generous), but that would be total BS if DE purposedfully coded these infamous guys to strike us when we have little chance of react. I'm fine with all the sorts of buffs that they gave to them, so that they're not walking pinatas anymore, but I'm starting to be puzzled seeing as I'm not the only one getting utterly screwed by this, and being attacked when we have the reacting ability of a fresh rookie is not a fair fight.

I saw the stalker come after a player during a nightmare mode alert the other day on PS4.  There might be something to the idea that they are setup to hit you when you are weakest. 

I saw the stalker come after a player during a nightmare mode alert the other day on PS4.  There might be something to the idea that they are setup to hit you when you are weakest. 

somehow it even makes sense xD, its just unconvinient for us when they do , and i rlly rlly hate it when they do showup when i decided il use a weaker frame for one match who is ZERO prepared for that kind of encounters but if i was the stalker i would do the same ^^)

why risk getting blown up step in his shoes a moment and its logical. + i bet ya DE has something to do with it.

I usually have nothing to say about Stalker. No matter my loadout, he'd always have the upper hand unless I have a team. I'd just equip my melee and start blocking and kiting and let my team hit him while he aggro at me.

But I had an unlucky run not long ago. I was running a solo mission, trying to lvl up my Soma. Other weapons are basically mastery fodder too so they don't do much dmg and unpotatoed. Basically all of my loadouts are close to crap. 
And then the lights flicker; got the 1st taunt from Stalker. I knew I it won't end well, but I still hope for a match. Second taunt came and i'd equip my melee for the encounter. I waited for the third, but it was only after a while that it occurred, and that moment was right when my stamina depleted, leaving me no chance to defend myself whatsoever. I was clearing out some stray infested that time and I actually run around the tileset cuz I was quite worried still.

He came at me when I never expected this, and oneshotted me. It's still RNG, but I really don't like being killed. T_T

I roughly had the same encounter against G3 as well, but I don't like being killed, and also the fact that removing the Grustrag Bolt requires some Oxium (and I need Oxium for my Zephyr). So I forfeited the mission.

Hooray for Stalker visiting two times in two days, just happened again, low level gear as usual. In all honesty I left the mission because I can't be ar$ed of losing more revives, so I will start having a max rank weapon at hand in case more show up. A little more foresight on my end will hopefully help me not getting roflstomped again.

It just sucks not to be able to level stuff up all at once, but I don't want to be "that guy" anymore either. Also, I want the Hate and getting killed isn't gonna give me one. :( I should have been more careful and brought at least one good weapon beforehand, so I admit that was a mistake of mine not to do so.

I still find it stupid, how am I supposed to beat something I'm not prepared for? Okay, of course one would want to kill a target when said target is not prepared for a counter attack, but that doesn't make it less annoying. You don't expect the target to just go "ahh sh*t you got me, here, get a free kill". And, it's more like me being puzzled by this occurrance rather than a complaint for an "issue".

Also, I perfectly know they don't come just when you have low level gear - maybe I stated that back in some of my posts here - but it's getting annoying. I, for one, wouldn't agree with your suggestion to make the check your gear before deciding whether to show up or not - they are supposed to be difficult, but leave the player a chance to react, otherwise why even bothering?

No actually, random is random. It's fine as is. The only thing that would need fixing at this stage is the fact he can show up during MR sessions. I mean, is basically a VR enviroment ... and he show up? Mmmh ...

No actually, random is random. It's fine as is. The only thing that would need fixing at this stage is the fact he can show up during MR sessions. I mean, is basically a VR enviroment ... and he show up? Mmmh ...

as far as i know the weatherman with the greenscreen is a good example of MR , can you explain me how you apply that in warframe im bit puzzled here, just curious