Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Dark Sector Survival.

(PSN)gy458k

Question

My favourite frame (and the only one I play now) is valkyr built for melee around warcry (mods are: steal fibre, vitality, vigor, narrow minded, streamline, intensify, blind rage, rage, continuity, warcry - all maxed except blind rage)

My problem is that in any infested mission eventually I end up being stuck at 0 energy so I have no warcry and no way to heal with life strike. I'm sort of convinced that energy is going negative as collecting orbs / taking a lot of damage does not provide any energy gain. Especially as I've seen this in defence after the wave is complete.

Anyway, if I do Pluto dark sector survival by about 40mins I am stuck with no energy indefinitely. This happens every time which is very frustrating. I read about people taking their valkyrs to 70mins or more - so how do you do it?

19 answers to this question

They probably kill the Parasitic Eximi four rooms over.

I kill those first. I have been through an empty room on thebwaybto life support and picked up 4 or 5 orbs and got no energy at all. Aren't the parasitic eximi supposed to leach over time?

I kill those first. I have been through an empty room on the way to life support and picked up 4 or 5 orbs and got no energy at all. Aren't the parasitic eximi supposed to leach over time?

They do it's just extremely fast in removing your energy pool. Also to note when you get hit by one and your display distorts if you pick up energy during the distortion that energy isn't added to your pool.

They do it's just extremely fast in removing your energy pool. Also to note when you get hit by one and your display distorts if you pick up energy during the distortion that energy isn't added to your pool.

Disruption I can handle. The wiki says that eximus drain 5 energy/sec. So even if there are 15 around I should still see it drain over 2 sec after taking 400 dmg. Except that is not what I see, which is that it never leaves 0. I think this might be a bug - or at if is a mechanic, at least put something on the UI so that I know not to pick orbs up.

What rage is for.

Although, masses of ancient disruptors are a real nuisance. When they become common, you pretty have to go under hysteria permanently. I try and ripline them, but when there's 3-4 in a pack...well, you're going to get hit.

Worst case, I carry about 150 team energy restores at all times. I use them when I have to. Simple as that.

Having said that, I do think the energy drain needs to be toned down a notch or two. Seeing as an ancient's reach is about the same as a flux rifle and totally drains your pool, giving the player some chance of avoidance would be a good thing.

What rage is for.

Although, masses of ancient disruptors are a real nuisance. When they become common, you pretty have to go under hysteria permanently. I try and ripline them, but when there's 3-4 in a pack...well, you're going to get hit.

Worst case, I carry about 150 team energy restores at all times. I use them when I have to. Simple as that.

Having said that, I do think the energy drain needs to be toned down a notch or two. Seeing as an ancient's reach is about the same as a flux rifle and totally drains your pool, giving the player some chance of avoidance would be a good thing.

Yes, I have rage. I would expect taking 400 DMG to fill my 150 energy pool (even if it starts to drain quickly) so I can either cast warcry, or at least get one life strike hit in to replenish my health.

Your valkyr build is very wrong

I find it is a fun build to play. I'm always open to suggestions to improve it, so instead of being making antagonistic posts why not suggest which mods you would swap out.

I see what you're saying.

If you do get a parasitic eximus, you're going to have to rely on your effective health, close with it, and kill it dead as quickly as possible. Then root out its posse. At extreme levels it won't be easy, but it's what has to happen.

Again, this is why I carry a ton of team restores. One to cover nasty situations like this, and two, to make sure I always have them--even when I forget to make more.

Team restores is a good suggestion so I'll build a load of them for when I'm with a team that wants to go 30 mins+ (which isn't that often - most people bail between 20 and 30)

Awesome tip^^^ I have also had the 0 energy thing, pop a team energy restore down an it should fix it, this can also happen with energy siphon aura equipped, its like the energy bar needs a kickstart with a energy restore

Yes, I have rage. I would expect taking 400 DMG to fill my 150 energy pool (even if it starts to drain quickly) so I can either cast warcry, or at least get one life strike hit in to replenish my health.

I find it is a fun build to play. I'm always open to suggestions to improve it, so instead of being making antagonistic posts why not suggest which mods you would swap out.

Antagonistic? First time hearing that

Well

PRIYmFD.jpg

BomxaDs.jpg

I'd swap out the Intensify for quick rest/vigor if i can, but it's possible hysteria will be changed in the future so i just keep the V

Basically you don't die, don't run out of energy, face tank everything, laugh at rhino skin and be as generic as you can be. Well if it's good alot of people are going to use it anyway

Antagonistic? First time hearing that

Well

PRIYmFD.jpg

BomxaDs.jpg

I'd swap out the Intensify for quick rest/vigor if i can, but it's possible hysteria will be changed in the future so i just keep the V

Basically you don't die, don't run out of energy, face tank everything, laugh at rhino skin and be as generic as you can be. Well if it's good alot of people are going to use it anyway

swap flow for equilibrium for health issues,or be more efficient as health and energy can be equipped in the gear, a mod slot can't :) plus when running the ichors for a melee only gamestyle you would maybe try the Trinity, which can be used with devastating results

I think I prefer my build:

1 - Flow isnt useful if I can't get my energy above 75 let alone up to 300. Also rage should keep my energy up at other times.

2 - without flow, qt isn't that useful. Vigor gives better results.

3 - warcry lasts 30s or so. That's 2300+ armour for the duration.

4 - hysteria isn't as good as straight melee.

I do swap in rip line for non endless missions as I like jumping around the map with it.

My ichors build is pretty much the same.

WC is bugged atm - the armor buff is permanent. So durations not an issue other than for the melee speed buff. Which, frankly, is a little overkill when using DI with 'zerker. So I'd drop NM, or use a slower, harder hitting weapon to take better advantage of the melee speed buff from WC.

So further to this I did an odd today. Wave ended, and I noticed I had 0 energy, but there were some orbs around. I picked two up, but energy stayed at 0. However on the thirdmy energy went to 11.

This was during the countdown to the next wave so there weren't any enemies on the map, let alone eximus. It looks to me like I had negative energy.

I'd say this was a bug. Either it is not supposed to happen or there needs to be some indication on the UI.

Personally I always keep hysteria with me, even though I don't like it that much, it can come very handy sometimes such as reviving teamates or activating Life Support etc...

I am using QT + Flow which kinda "doubles" your health, and it is easier to keep an eye on my energy pool. On higher level, when I see my energy draining, I am going hysteria and activating war cry, prioritized on eximus kill them and replenish HP pool. When hysteria wears off and the eximus are still there, you can always back off and get some other groups to regain your energy back. 

Also ripline is fun to play with and quite usefull too. Has a good range that can pull and incapacitate the target for a bit (enough time for some finisher move), it can be used as a 1 ennemy cc such as eximus