Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr + Dual Ichors - Opinions

Baranek00710

If you're having energy troubles, I would build the Ichors like this, which will give you less damage per swing but a blazing fast corrosive attack that doesn't require channeling, and does ~50% more DPS than your setup. Then you channel only when you need to heal.

Dakra is only a good weapon with the Crimson Dervish stance. Without it you're better off with the Dragon Nikana for a hard hitting weapon. You never want to add Impact, Punture, or Slash mods - you always want to add elementals. In addition I don't understand what you're doing with Organ Shatter but no crit mod.

If you're doing okay for energy and want to constantly channel, something like http://goo.gl/HSBafJ or the same setup on Dakra with Dervish is pretty i ideal. You can swap the touch of added fire for more corrosive if you go up against Gunners often in Void.

In addition, a harder, slower hitting weapon benefits more from Warcry.

Edit: Eventually you're going to want to finish leveling those mods on the Valk build, which will require another forma. Drop in a Constitution instead of Flow, imo, or Quick Thinking instead of Continuity.

Edited by Darzk

I wouldnt replace Virulent scourge actually but yes melee prowess is useless maybe replace it with life strike. Where is your pressure point? Replace beserker with pressure point.

Edited by theclinton

So... Base 35 Toxic Damage are treaten as a base dmg for the Pressure Point etc. and for the other Elemental Dmg's? Which gives not 35 Toxic dmg but Much more Toxic dmg when adding Pressure Point?

Because when I add Pressure Point, base 35 Toxic DMG does not grow up.

Edited by Baranek00710

So... Base 35 Toxic Damage are treaten as a base dmg for the Pressure Point etc. and for the other Elemental Dmg's? Which gives not 35 Toxic dmg but Much more Toxic dmg when adding Pressure Point?

Yeah the pressure point/spoiled strike will increase the base toxic damage to say like 100 and then the elemental mods and crit mods work off the new base damage.

If you will use spoiled stike it will slow down your ichors and isnt really that needed on that weapon.

Yes lifes strike only gives health on channel attacks but it also does it based of the percent of damage you do. The ichors can crit really higgh so one hit can fully heal you. Leave the mod unranked or atleast dont go past the first rank

Edited by theclinton

Hysteria does not use your total damage.  It uses the base damage of the weapon (35 for ichors) and it adds the base damage of hysteria to that.  The base damage of hysteria depends on your mods.  This damage is then increased by Pressure Point (+120%) and Spoiled strike (+100%), and the Hysteria bonus (x4 multiplier at max power).

The real benefit of using the ichor or zorens is the massive critical hit rate.  I use dual zorens with my Valkyr, here is the build: Dual-Zorens

Hysteria does not use your total damage.  It uses the base damage of the weapon (35 for ichors) and it adds the base damage of hysteria to that.  The base damage of hysteria depends on your mods.  This damage is then increased by Pressure Point (+120%) and Spoiled strike (+100%), and the Hysteria bonus (x4 multiplier at max power).

The real benefit of using the ichor or zorens is the massive critical hit rate.  I use dual zorens with my Valkyr, here is the build: Dual-Zorens

So when it comes to elemental base dmg like 35 for ichors, it means that they got 35 toxic dmg, and 35 base dmg for mod multupliers, where after using dmg multiplier mod the normal dmg isn't showed like lets say:

SCREEN: 35 Toxic Base DMG

REAL: 35 Toxic Base DMG

---- + 100% DMG ----

REAL: 35 Toxic Base DMG and 70 Normal DMG to use for Hysteria and other mod elemental dmg multipliers?

So when it comes to elemental base dmg like 35 for ichors, it means that they got 35 toxic dmg, and 35 base dmg for mod multupliers, where after using dmg multiplier mod the normal dmg isn't showed like lets say:

REAL: 35 Toxic Base DMG

---- + 100% DMG ----

REAL: 35 Toxic Base DMG and 70 Normal DMG to use for Hysteria and other mod elemental dmg multipliers?

As I understand it, Hysteria's grand total damage is applied this way:

1/3 Impact

1/3 Puncture

1/3 Slash

NONE of it is applied as elemental, it all gets turned into physical damage including the 35 base (toxic) damage.

Edited by Grimtongue

As I understand it, Hysteria's grand total damage is applied this way:

1/3 Impact

1/3 Puncture

1/3 Slash

NONE of it is applied as elemental, it all gets turned into physical damage including the 35 base (toxic) damage.

But the only thing I can't jump over is how NORMAL DMG MULTIPLIER MODS works with ELEMENTAL BASE DMG of Dual Ichors.

As they got 35 Toxic DMG, and when adding Pressure Point with let's say +100%  DMG, will Ichors:

a) deal 70 of Toxic DMG,

b) or they will deal 35 Toxic and 35 Normal DMG,

c) or they will deal 35 Toxic DMG and have 35 of normal DMG as a only imaginary number to be used by Elemental DMG multipliers, so that will give 35 Toxic DMG and 35 Fire DMG with Mod that gives 100% of Fire DMG?

But the only thing I can't jump over is how NORMAL DMG MULTIPLIER MODS works with ELEMENTAL BASE DMG of Dual Ichors.

As they got 35 Toxic DMG, and when adding Pressure Point with let's say +100%  DMG, will Ichors:

a) deal 70 of Toxic DMG,

b) or they will deal 35 Toxic and 35 Normal DMG,

c) or they will deal 35 Toxic DMG and have 35 of normal DMG as a only imaginary number to be used by Elemental DMG multipliers, so that will give 35 Toxic DMG and 35 Fire DMG with Mod that gives 100% of Fire DMG?

no it just increases the base damage which is toxic it doesnt add normal or any other damage type because its not an elemental mod

There is a lot of personal preference in play here, but personally i don't like spoiled strike on my ichors. if i've finished an exterminate or want to copter my way through a vault run with the hobbled key i simply prefer to avoid taking that hit to attack speed. i realize that fury and berserk are a bit redundant, but i like having the attack speed for coptering even when i don't have any stacks of berserk in play. with that in mid i go with this build http://goo.gl/4OAVBP. if you don't care about the coptering benefits then modding for extra damage would probably be best (keep in mind that a full stack of berserk + fury + warcry = basically teleporting).

I like http://goo.gl/K3XGhw for my valkyr build. constitution because getting knocked down is a major problem when it happens in that it prevents you from using your abilities and the duration boost is nice too. the focus on power strength makes warcry give you a ton of extra armor and attack speed. you could drop continuity for basically anything though: natural talent, steel fiber, vigor, etc. it kinda depends on how you like to play. warcry has a very limited duration with this build, so it's kinda a use it when you're going to take damage so that you'll recover the energy it costs.

There is a lot of personal preference in play here, but personally i don't like spoiled strike on my ichors. if i've finished an exterminate or want to copter my way through a vault run with the hobbled key i simply prefer to avoid taking that hit to attack speed. i realize that fury and berserk are a bit redundant, but i like having the attack speed for coptering even when i don't have any stacks of berserk in play. with that in mid i go with this build http://goo.gl/4OAVBP. if you don't care about the coptering benefits then modding for extra damage would probably be best (keep in mind that a full stack of berserk + fury + warcry = basically teleporting).

I like http://goo.gl/K3XGhw for my valkyr build. constitution because getting knocked down is a major problem when it happens in that it prevents you from using your abilities and the duration boost is nice too. the focus on power strength makes warcry give you a ton of extra armor and attack speed. you could drop continuity for basically anything though: natural talent, steel fiber, vigor, etc. it kinda depends on how you like to play. warcry has a very limited duration with this build, so it's kinda a use it when you're going to take damage so that you'll recover the energy it costs.

this build is not bad at all you can always swap the elemental mods to ones of your choice