August 8Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

Community Hot Topics August 8th  

2,131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

all right first if we get pets on udate 14 why not let us train them to hate their fellow untrained kind and use them to hunt down the wild ones kind of like settlers did with dogs. mastery ranks I did 8 a long time ago and didn't think about changing the buttons on the controller and even when I did it toke a few times to get the set up right, I think two others toke two or three tries, the only problem is the wait since the screen keeps telling you to level up.14 and 15 are a joke though.The doors should open if other players are far away(like when a game starts and one player is not really there) otherwise it keeps the (I have to kill everyone and get out of here player) in check. To many people think the games a race I know that's why they sell so much plat (since half the players need it right now) but I hate playing with people I don't know for that reason

I support either method to release kubrows as long as they are in good taste.

Quick release should show a cut scene of a orb pod being deployed to earth.

Quest will be fine if you are able to select multiple kubrows to release at one time.

Either way you are going to have to rewrite the data integrity with just a food mechanic instead. Otherwise how are you going to explain why wild Kubrows do not suffer dna integrity and how you in good conscience can release your kubrow knowing it's not going to melt in a week in the wild.

Edited by Marfoir-Faolchu

Unwanted Kubrow

I disagree with any type of sanctuary, kennel, adoption, etc.  Mainly with the sanctuary that was suggested for the dojo--although it was a brilliant idea--in the end, it is just one big stasis slot which you will have to purchase more "slots" when it gets full and it will just be what we have now for unwanted kubrow.  In my opinion when I do not want to have/use a Kubrow, I do not want to have to see it again--just one click and done.  Sure it is less immersive or cruel even, but with an unwanted Kubrow there's no point keeping them around if you already decided it's not your perfect kubrow; it'll just receive tough love. 

Have you considered a Kubrow Adoption house? I remembering from years and years AND years ago on neopets, where you can throw your pets there and they can be picked up free.

This is literally the best idea I have ever heard involving Kubrow. I second this all the way.

Also, what are the odds that, with the Oberon rework, there will be a rework in how to obtain him? The current system of Eximus drops is 'functional' (although I've still never gotten Oberon Systems...) but I definitely would prefer to farm a boss than run ODD missions ad nauseam.

I feel terrible for letting my Kubrow die off slowly, can't we just have a mission where we need to take our kubrow to a safe place and have Lotus send someone to pick it up for her? Is that to much to ask for? Or could we have a teleporter in the Dojo that teleports it to Lotus? Im pretty sure she would be willing to take all of them.

ABOUT HALLOWED GROUND

I think that it should be something like Frost's Snow Globe, but in an offensive manner, like a flat damage bonus and/or higher proc chance. Also it needs a way to keep enemies in, so it could slow foes caught within, but without grossly high movement penalty.

Edited by Rajbinder

id like to be able to kick myself

that way if my mates take too long to get to the objective because they are a bunch of slow lollygagging losers

and im waiting for them

my progress can be unlinked to them and i can

be flown out rightly

and collect my rewards without having to abort the mission

itll count as mission complete

and they can still get their snail on

Unwanted Kubrow

I disagree with any type of sanctuary, kennel, adoption, etc. Mainly with the sanctuary that was suggested for the dojo--although it was a brilliant idea--in the end, it is just one big stasis slot which you will have to purchase more "slots" when it gets full and it will just be what we have now for unwanted kubrow. In my opinion when I do not want to have/use a Kubrow, I do not want to have to see it again--just one click and done. Sure it is less immersive or cruel even, but with an unwanted Kubrow there's no point keeping them around if you already decided it's not your perfect kubrow; it'll just receive tough love.

Only having the sanctuary option would be a bad decision IMO, but the same thing applies to only having a one-click delete option. However, my suggestion was to add both, as I specified in my post edit.

Having both will solve the issue for people like you, who only wants a quick delete (which is a legitimate choice), but also satisfy people like me and the 80+ who upvoted the post, who want a sanctuary. More options, more immersion, and more utility for Earth's plants.

Edited by Casardis

I feel a Vote to Kick option should only be available in a player has been inactive in a specific area(like a 2 meter radios) for a specific amount of time, also if that player has been continuaouly moving in the same direction or twirling in a circle for, again a specific amount of time. 

Also a Kubrow remove quests would add more content, and a fun/heart wrenching experience. that makes the player question their morals or lack there of. 

That is true my friend but how they set it up should also be in question would the quest for leaving your Kubrow be sad and remember the great times that we've had or just plain and simple just to let him go n the quest 

When you decide to delete a kubrow, a confirmation window should appear.  Once the player has confirmed that they want their kubrow gone, the glass dome of the kubrow incubator should close over the creature in question.  A deep, mechanical rumble emanates from the corner housing the incubator.  ORDIS begins cackling madly as slowly, the floor beneath the dome begins to slide away, revealing nothing but the cold void of space, into which your puppy is flushed.  The lifeless corpse of your former-best friend can then be viewed drifting through space if you look out the Liset's windshield at juuuuuust the right angle. 

Then nobody will ever delete their kubrows.

holy crap that's dark. like the cackling though.

now, I think (like many before me) that there should be some kind of adoption or release system put in place, kind of like an animal shelter. or a collar removal.

for the auction house, I think it would be good as a player hub, where players can meet other players, besides in missions or in the clan. it would be good for socializing. and there should be separate floors for certain groups of mastery ranks. like the first floor is restricted to mastery 2-5, second floor 6-9(heh) and the 3rd floor 10+ it would help separate serious buyers/sellers from inexperienced ones.

Heya Drew,

In regards to "Hot Topics" the newer system is really nice because it allows us to share our opinions on certain points and it should be kept but possibly separate from "Community" topics.

There are lots of big threads focusing on important changes that should happen within warframe and those are not relayed here at all.

Just my opinion :/