Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riptide [Closed]

BladeAngel

At the designated meeting-point for the outside Tenno, Valkyr grips her Vectis tighter and awaits how the situation after her announcement develops. The Excalibur Prime linking into their net gives her an indicator of his position, closing in on her. And that fills her with a lot of relief. The first one to listen, to her and the voice of reason and tactics. On the other hand, the severely hurt Ash still did not retreat, and the second drop-down-Tenno hadn't appeared on her radar at all yet. With a low hiss, Valkyr raises behind cover to aim at the sound of a gorgon, where the Ash is probably pinned down, or at least a Grineer-troop is still strong enough to attack.

"Keitel, you're not engaging again with that vitals of yours! Retreat and try not to obstruct my vision while I cover you. Wait for reaction on my first shot." she commands, her voice surprisingly calm and cold compared to moments ago. That's what always happens when she's behind her vectis, one eye at the neurovisual scope.

Doing as she said was something else, still. Burning or superheated scraps of the Araknis, pools of coolant and smoke from the fight stir up the air into a hellish soup that every projectile must navigate thorugh. Straight across the platform, Valkyr can see the flashing light from the Gorgon's muzzle, but distorted by hot air. To take a clean headshot in those condition would be a master's work. Trying a rebound on one of the armored plates lying around... well, not less tricky. This is the worst she could have wished for, except a new smokescreen maybe, though Keitel would be safe then...

But a grim thought locked in in her mind. She had not been in lessons just for laughs. She was not carrying the heiritage of Mourhi only on the papers. She had known how to do this - and she would do it again. Now.

Two spare bullets pinched between her fingers on the left hand, she took the shot, on the spot of ground that reflected the muzzle flashes the brightest. Then she reloaded her vectis instantly, with the prepared bullet. Fired again, at where she suspected the weapon to be directly now. And then a third shot, trying to hit the concealed Gunner's body. Even though he wields the silent 'Hush', and not the powerful version, her bullets probably pack enough of a punch to make a armored unit of the Grinner think again about retreating. If any of the shots had hit. Three shots in 1.6 Seconds, as a small number on her HUD showed. What's good, even for her measure. All the practice wasn't in vain. Whatever training she thinks about, she can't remember. Her thoughts are as strange to her as to someone else.

Edited by Drandko

Klara looked to the side, observing Trahk. But then she heard heavy footsteps on the from the staircase. A moment later a group of 5 Elite Lancers and a Bombard appeared. Klara sighed. They were loud, but she decided not to comment on that.

"Hey, Lancer - seems like some fellas heard your distress call." She said through the comm link, and smiled a bit. Now they had a chance. Then she decided to check out the watercraft that were docked in the room, and jumped down next to one, landing silently. She walked around it and inspected it from all sides, until she came up to the door of the cabin. Trahk was there, and he looked slightly confused.

"A two-seater. Seems like someone made these out of a common transport vessel." She said, loud enough for Trahk to hear.

Then she climbed in, and sat in the lower chair, inspecting the controls, and reading the labels. After a while she got up to the upper part, and inspected that too. Then she climbed out and looked at the vessel from the outside again.

"I`ve had some pilot training, so I guess, we could use these to escape, if need be." She said to the Veteran. "Do you know how to pilot a ship?" 

• 1 month later...

Trakh seemed lost in thought, and Klara shifted her attention to the newly arrived Grineer.

"Brothers!" She called out to them. "We must fortify this room, in case the Tenno find us. This base has more to it, than it looks, and I`m fairly certain that this is the only way deeper into it. We must hold this room. NO. MATTER. WHAT."

Her voice sounded authoritative, and hard. The Lancers and the Bombard turned to her, and stood confused a moment. Her voice had sounded just like Kela`s. Then again, Klara was from the same batch, as all female Grineer, and thus sounded more or less alike. With her voice being slightly more melodic.

"Did I not make myself clear enough?" She snapped. "Move!"

As the men started moving crates and making an impromptu barricades, she moved to the stairs, relying on her Light-reactive armor to hide her. The base seemed oddly silent and she was sure that it was just the quiet before the storm.

Kneeling at the end of the stairs she periodically checked both sides of the tunnel, waiting for something.