Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Element Resistance

EnderNair

One thing that seriously grinds my gears is when my Ember Prime gets lit on fire and starts taking damage. The same goes for when my Frost Prime gets snow'd up and moves even slower than bearable. I would say the same for volt and Saryn and their respective elements.

I think this is stupid.   (This is my opinion of course)

Why, WHY? I don't see how this makes sense! How can someone that controls fire get burned? I can understand for balancing reasons, but I don't think It would make it that much less balanced if they became immune to the proc.

At the very least I think it would be appreciated if an element of the respective warframe would only have half of the effect.

What do you guys think?

The only time I would be up for resistances in general is if the game provided a decent and reasonable challenge. At the moment, it does not, and adding resistances now would only make us even more overpowered than we already are. When things are more balanced and we're not godmode 24/7, then I'd say this would be a good idea.

One thing that seriously grinds my gears is when my Ember Prime gets lit on fire and starts taking damage. The same goes for when my Frost Prime gets snow'd up and moves even slower than bearable. I would say the same for volt and Saryn and their respective elements.

Why, WHY? I don't see how this makes sense! How can someone that controls fire get burned? I can understand for balancing reasons, but I don't think It would make it that much less balanced if they became immune to the proc.

At the very least I think it would be appreciated if an element of the respective warframe would only have half of the effect.

What do you guys think?

I'd say you answered it yourself. "How can someone that CONTROLS fire...."

Since the fire damage your Ember receives is not controlled by herself, she's getting damage.

You still have the option to use the resistance mods. But as for passive resistances...I'm seeing it as if the different Warframes are just "suits" with different abilities. Now you can go and shoot fireballs and make it rain avalanches but your "suits" will all have the same resistance. In other words: they're all made from the same material.

The only time I would be up for resistances in general is if the game provided a decent and reasonable challenge. At the moment, it does not, and adding resistances now would only make us even more overpowered than we already are. When things are more balanced and we're not godmode 24/7, then I'd say this would be a good idea.

I see your point. It really is more of an annoyance than anything...

I'd say you answered it yourself. "How can someone that CONTROLS fire...."

Since the fire damage your Ember receives is not controlled by herself, she's getting damage.

You still have the option to use the resistance mods. But as for passive resistances...I'm seeing it as if the different Warframes are just "suits" with different abilities. Now you can go and shoot fireballs and make it rain avalanches but your "suits" will all have the same resistance. In other words: they're all made from the same material.

When you put it that way, I suppose it makes a bit more sense.

I suppose the best way to explain this would be to say that the Fire is damaging the Tenno within the Warframe. The Warframe is not necessarily made out of that element nor has any resistances to it, it simply acts as a "conduit" allowing you to cast those specific abilities. The energy comes from the Tenno, not the suit. If you think of Warframe abilities this way, they are really just Tenno abilities (you can equip fire resistance etc.) and the Warframe you have equipped allows 4 different Tenno abilities to be equipped. Also makes sense seeing as when you Forma a Warframe you are really just increasing capacity for "Tenno" mods and not the Warframe Abilities.

Please let me know if my rambling is far too hard to make any sense of

I suppose the best way to explain this would be to say that the Fire is damaging the Tenno within the Warframe. The Warframe is not necessarily made out of that element nor has any resistances to it, it simply acts as a "conduit" allowing you to cast those specific abilities. The energy comes from the Tenno, not the suit. If you think of Warframe abilities this way, they are really just Tenno abilities (you can equip fire resistance etc.) and the Warframe you have equipped allows 4 different Tenno abilities to be equipped. Also makes sense seeing as when you Forma a Warframe you are really just increasing capacity for "Tenno" mods and not the Warframe Abilities.

Please let me know if my rambling is far too hard to make any sense of

That makes perfect sense to me, and I think it's a very interesting and logical way of looking at it.

What do you guys think?

this topic has been posted many times but nothing has been done really.

It surely doesn't make sense, but maybe it does if the fact that warframes are just exo-suits or suits that can control a sort of power, however they themselves lack any protection from the element that the power takes hold off.

I don't think wizards for example would shoot themselves with ice or fire to become more resistant towards it. Even training to control an element does not make a person more resistant to that element, it just makes you more able to bend that element to your will but not how you resist its effects.

that is just my 2 cents