Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2H Melee Vs Dual Wielding?

cesmode

What is the general consensus?  I find running with dual zorens, or something similar, to be vastly superior than say a galentine or some other 2 hander.  Im building an orthos prime currently (the 2 blades finally dropped after months of trying to get them).

Can 2hander be as viable as dual wielding?  ARe 2 handers situational for different game modes?

Sadly, I only use melee to get around faster(zorens) or if Im low on ammo.  While the combos and melee 2.0 gave melee a big boost, overall I still find gunplay to be king. 

This is beside the point of the thread though...2h vs dual wielding.  Pros, cons of each?

@cesmode if you compare the functionalities of DW and 2h weapons they function about the same in terms of multi target, comparable jump attack radius, and attack speed, it would probably be more based on your preference for the melee. do you want to run around with a grav hammer and feel awesome hitting homeruns with blast+Jat Kittag? or do you want to feel like a ninja assassin and stealth everything while using dual zorens or ichors with their cool animations......? all up to your choice.

Preference wise, I prefer dual wield over 2H. I've been ranking up the normal Orthos for mastery points, and while I love how it looks and the animation from the stance mod, I find it less effective than the dual heat swords I used to use (used to, cos they shortened the second blade and were never the same for me).

Edit: I also used the Serro, and that was a lot of fun, as opposed to the Jat Kittag which I couldn't wait to get rid of lol

I think it just comes down to whatever you really like to use.

Edited by AhkNemet

Damagewise i hear dual is much higher but wouldnt really know since i dont take many melee weapons seriously (very particular tastes)

The Serro is amazing though and easily one of the best

The Orthos prime i hear is amazingly powerful as well. Ive felt it in PvP many times myself

D Nikana is an all around solid weapon (would that be considered a 1 hander?)

And i was pleasantly surprised by the Bo prime though its damage is underwhelming...

Other than the Dual Kama, Zoren, or Ichor I can't stand dual wielding because of the stupid dagger main hand thing.  It completely ruins the entire purpose of dual wielding, gimps your looks and range, makes no sense, and just looks ridiculous.