The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hydroid And The Research Module

(PSN)DukeSilver83

I don't hope so, as it would make the part of the game that was programmed around him (getting beacons, prosecutors, new hek etc.) obsolete.

I don't think DE would want to invalue their work.

Besides, I still see the recruiting-chat full of people who want to run Hek keys.

Whilst I wouldn't necessarily want to see him consigned to the dojo, I do feel for you. It's a long-winded process.

If we were both on the same platform I'd share some keys/beacons with you, I have a few left over.

Do you think Hydroid will ever move to the dojo research module like Volt and Banshee? His parts are so unbelievably hard to get and I kind of missed the boat on Vay Hek. No one wants to run him anymore and solo is way too punishing. 

Know the feeling... Still need only one more part... the Systems. I'm already considering waiting until DE moves Hek somewhere else or puts a new Warframe on Hek so that Hydroid can be put into Tenno Labs or on Eximus enemies.

The droprates for the Beacons and that you have to get 4 different ones altogether is what kills it for me. I don't feel like doing this paper chase for a mediocre Warframe anymore. It's only 6000 mastery XP... and I'm halfway through to 17... so 2 more weapons to replace that and I couldn't care less for Hydroid.

I don't hope so, as it would make the part of the game that was programmed around him (getting beacons, prosecutors, new hek etc.) obsolete.

I don't think DE would want to invalue their work.

Besides, I still see the recruiting-chat full of people who want to run Hek keys.

That said nearly nobody of those already having Hydroid will do Hek ever again because nearly nobody feels like doing the grind for a key-gated bossfight without rewards besides a Warframe they already got at this point. So basically they rendered his fight obsolete the second they put him behind the grind-wall.

The same as is with Lephantis... if it wouldn't be for 11th Storm that got added to his drop table nobody would go there anymore other than new players wanting Nekros.

I've literally 10 Lephantis Keys ready at all times and Nav Coordinates for at least another 100 keys or whatever... Could do the run for the stance but "meh". Only one weapon uses it and it might stay this way for a long time to come and until then the stance may drop in price and be worth 10p or something.

Edited by MeduSalem

Welp, Nekros has the same process of getting his parts and he hasn't been moved to dojo yet. Also, then what would be the point of the special bosses then?

...No one wants to run him anymore...

Also, "no one" doesn't mean everyone. 

Welp, Nekros has the same process of getting his parts and he hasn't been moved to dojo yet. Also, then what would be the point of the special bosses then?

Also, "no one" doesn't mean everyone. 

Well, in the case of the Nekros grind, that one's relatively reasonable as it's fairly easy to get all of the necessary components without dealing with a ridiculous level of RNG walls. Obtaining Hydroid is a pain in the arsch.

Edited by BizarreFetalChimpanzee

Whilst I wouldn't necessarily want to see him consigned to the dojo, I do feel for you. It's a long-winded process.

If we were both on the same platform I'd share some keys/beacons with you, I have a few left over.

That is very kind. Thank you for the sentiment. I think it's a case of unbalanced risk v reward. That continues to be a problem with Warframe. Tedium often gets mistaken for challenge. The beacons, the keys. It's too much rinse and repeat. I don't mind a good challenge, but doing something over and over the same way makes for diminishing returns. Even the boss fight is brutal and repetitive.

I'll try to check the chat more often for Hek runs. Thanks for all the replies!