The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why So Much Excalibur Hate? :(

(PSN)epicspazm

read the post I just quoted.

Uhh...what about it? Everything he said is correct too. If you're talking about how you get a gun damage boost with Rhino, an Excalibur player can just run rifle amp for the same thing. It doesn't really matter though, because any competent Excalibur player with a RB build can shut down a whole room and then some for more than long enough to make up for that.

As was mentioned in that post you quoted, you don't seem to be able to back up your assertions he's bad. 

Edited by vaugahn

Uhh...what about it? Everything he said is correct too. If you're talking about how you get a gun damage boost with Rhino, an Excalibur player can just run rifle amp for the same thing. It doesn't really matter though, because any competent Excalibur player with a RB build can shut down a whole room and then some for more than long enough to make up for that.

As was mentioned in that post you quoted, you don't seem to be able to back up your assertions he's bad. 

Pot, Kettle, black, etc.  Also nice circular logic.

Annoying to Desecrate, but decent cc. It is waste that 90 % of Rhinos want to leave game when Stomp stops killing mobs.

I feel like being a bit of a badass when I slide into a group of enemies, then cast Rhino Stomp, then casually jog away as the enemies are suspended in the air. 

Well I mean if you really want to do this...

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/the-fallacy-fallacy

That's not the way that works.  If you use a logical fallacy then I have no need to reply to it logically. 

A fallacy-fallacy would be if I said you were wrong because you used a fallacy.

Example:  "You claim 2+2=4 because only dumb-dumbs think other wise."  That is a logical fallacy defending "2+2=4", and the argument is invalid, even though the claim is correct.  The fallacy-fallacy would be if I claimed that 2+2=4 is NOT 4 BECAUSE you defended it with a logical fallacy.

/lesson

You're welcome.

Example:  "You claim 2+2=4 because only dumb-dumbs think other wise."  That is a logical fallacy defending "2+2=4", and the argument is invalid, even though the claim is correct.  The fallacy-fallacy would be if I claimed that 2+2=4 is NOT 4 BECAUSE you defended it with a logical fallacy.

Off-topic, I think I can prove that 2+2 = 4. 

Any math student can prove that 1+1=0. Abandon logic when dealing with mathematics ( i would know as i studied that evil science for a year ).

That needs a fallacy with mathematical operations, so I would not call that a valid proof. 

What I am saying is using surreal numbers to prove that 2+2 = 4. 

That's not the way that works.  If you use a logical fallacy then I have no need to reply to it logically. 

Argument from fallacy most definitely does apply here, since you tried to invalidate my argument because I didn't argue it correctly. Beyond that, someone using a fallacy in their argument is no excuse for bad manners.

That's the point.  A fallacious defense of a claim does not make the claim itself false; it only renders that specific argument invalid.

I just do that to satisfy my personal mathematical quota (and it has been done, actually), because math is: 

Mental

Ascension 

To 

Humans

Argument from fallacy most definitely does apply here, since you tried to invalidate my argument because I didn't argue it correctly. Beyond that, someone using a fallacy in their argument is no excuse for bad manners.

It doesn't apply.  I said I have no requirement to reply to a your argument that was a fallacy.  That is true.  I didn't say your base claim was wrong because you used a fallacy. There is a huge difference between the two.

It doesn't apply.  I said I have no requirement to reply to a your argument that was a fallacy.  That is true.  I didn't say your base claim was wrong because you used a fallacy. There is a huge difference between the two.

Okay, let's try this all again then. Back-and-forth about fallacies, while informative, is beside the point.

Excalibur is good because he has extremely powerful CC that scales well into high-level content.