The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why So Much Excalibur Hate? :(

(PSN)epicspazm

I dunno, I don't think I've ever been in a Void/Derelict squad in which they've kicked someone for bringing an Excal. I also don't think I've been in a squad in which there was more than one Rhino/Rhino Prime. Usually there aren't any. And I don't think most squads I've been in utilize Boltor Prime all that much. There's usually a decent amount of variety.

Oh, does remind me though. We have had to tell an Excal to stop using radial blind on speed ODD/Void Defenses though, since it makes the mobs stop moving towards the vortices and it defeats the purpose of the speed Nova/vortex Vauban combo.

I do think Ariarch highlights a good point though. Their response is exactly the reason why a lot of people don't have more appreciation for people who bought the founder packs. I don't even care about the whole Excal Prime thing, yet, I do feel less appreciation for the group as a whole when I see that sort of pedantic flaunting.

Edited by CedarDpg

I see the point but on those high level mission i love to keep my enemies on idle state, e ven with disarm sometime enemy can come behind you and 1 shot you.

Still its a reason to kick excalibur?

Yes.  Excal actually HURTS the strategy when using radial blind.

I didnt said you didnt had him. But you dont have him now to test.

Trinty and excalibur are completly diffrent so i dont see your point.

You said you got complimented so I pointed out that I do too.

That video I posted earlier also shows that I know a good player can make good use of an Excal.  But If I have never played with you then I have no idea if you are a good player or not.  Excal teaches bad habits, and most Excal players that I have played with are terrible.  It is in my best interest to not bring Excalibur players on my key.  If we are playing on your key then whatever, I will just bring Nyx instead. (I mostly play defense variants.)

the mentioned strategy by me includes of course either the right positioning of the group so they cant run up behind you or if they can, a position where they will definitly get cc'd by vortex. but in the case it happens anyway everyone should be attentive to kill him before anything happens or immediatly after it happens. that being said, an excalibur with minimal range should be "okay" for this (in survival i would choose nekro 100% over excal at this setup) but a vauban could still throw a min range bastille for cc'ing that stray one. if vauban is dead, excals radial blind would be a nice asset, but not making him super useful.

Oh well, that are already a lot of "if"'s and i could consider many things more...

Yes.  Excal actually HURTS the strategy when using radial blind.

You said you got complimented so I pointed out that I do too.

That video I posted earlier also shows that I know a good player can make good use of an Excal.  But If I have never played with you then I have no idea if you are a good player or not.  Excal teaches bad habits, and most Excal players that I have played with are terrible.  It is in my best interest to not bring Excalibur players on my key.  If we are playing on your key then whatever, I will just bring Nyx instead. (I mostly play defense variants.)

It hurts your specific strategy.

You cant prove he is bad cause he isnt. For defense mission i find him even better then frost. Stunning t4 vor is pretty fun too

the mentioned strategy by me includes of course either the right positioning of the group so they cant run up behind you or if they can, a position where they will definitly get cc'd by vortex. but in the case it happens anyway everyone should be attentive to kill him before anything happens or immediatly after it happens. that being said, an excalibur with minimal range should be "okay" for this (in survival i would choose nekro 100% over excal at this setup) but a vauban could still throw a min range bastille for cc'ing that stray one. if vauban is dead, excals radial blind would be a nice asset, but not making him super useful.

Oh well, that are already a lot of "if"'s and i could consider many things more...

Alright then.

People kicking in all of mission types and sauing he is bad in general, i would take nekro over excal in survical too ofc

Best set up (non-infested) = Loki, Vauban, Trinity, Nova/Nekros/Mag

4th slot is variable. Mag if the faction has shields because shield polarize is a tactical nuke.  Nekros if farming or playing survival.  Nova for everything else.

When fighting infested replace Loki with Nova and drop Mag.

It hurts your specific strategy.

You cant prove he is bad cause he isnt. For defense mission i find him even better then frost. Stunning t4 vor is pretty fun too

Which is what you will be using on my key.

I don't have to prove he is bad.  It's my key that I am gambling so I am going to do whatever I can to increase my odds of success.  It is my experience that Excal lowers my odds for success.  It is clear, from the OP, that other people share this experience.

Ok.

-If people want to be stupid,let them be stupid.

-The best thing you can do with stupid people is try to enlighten them.

-If the following strategy doesn't work, ignore the stupid people.

-To sum it up, if you force anyone to use a specific frame you are stupid, and should not host public games. 

Ok.

-If people want to be stupid,let them be stupid.

-The best thing you can do with stupid people is try to enlighten them.

-If the following strategy doesn't work, ignore the stupid people.

-To sum it up, if you force anyone to use a specific frame you are stupid, and should not host public games. 

A void run is not a public game.  It is invite only, kiddo.

A void run is not a public game.  It is invite only, kiddo.

If you are inviting random people it can be classified as public ''kiddo''.

Did you feel aimed by this post? If yes, i'm not sorry at all.

Edited by Alphafox

Wrong.  Public games are open to anyone to freely join.  People can not freely join a void mission.  They must be invited by the host.  That makes them invite only. That is NOT public matchmaking.

What do you mean by, "aimed"?

I actually broke into several void games....

To end our argument.

Evreyone got his own playstyle and tactics, but you should open your mind too because it seems you using same frames over and over if other peolle dint do same thing it dont mean they bad.

About bad excal players.... you know he is starter right?

[quote name="(PS4)DesecratedFlame"

I don't have to prove he is bad.  It's my key that I am gambling so I am going to do whatever I can to increase my odds of success.  It is my experience that Excal lowers my odds for success.  It is clear, from the OP, that other people share this experience.

It is clear that people are dumb and kicking?

Discussion breakdown so far:

- Players Suck.

- Players Who use Excalibur Suck

- There are good players who use excalibur but because there are players that suck excalibur sucks.

- If your play style doesn't include excalibur then he sucks.

Conclussion.

Everyone suck. Even you and me. Even Steve. Even Rebecca.

Suck. Suck everywhere.

Ok so here's the problem with Excalibur. He can do everything good, but not good enough.

Slash Dash: sure it's super, amazing and awsome but the damage isn't that satisfying.

Radial Blind: sure he can blind his enemies and "stun" them for a few secs but not good as a Rhino Stomp.

Super Jump: ... 

Radial Javelin: yeah you can deal a decent amount of damage especially if you do a strenght build but there are warframes that can deal even more dmage.

His health, shields and armor (come on armor is useless anyway, except if you play with Valkyr) are pretty average 

So there, that's why none wants Excalibur for main. Pretty good for new players but if you want to go more into the game, you have to be more efficient. And I'm afraid Excalibur cannot offer you this.

LMFAO his health shields and armor don't matter, because if you or your squad are being shot at, then you don't know how to play him! soooo them T4 survivals, where I be extracting at like 30 - 40 mins+, solo with Excalibur, if that's not efficient enough then I will give away my mastery 16 account now and go an buy a Wii

People disrespect Excalibur because, in all likelihood, he was their first frame. When they think of him, they think of his performance with no shields, no health, no mods, and no real game plan. They remember hitting Slash Dash and barely budging an enemy's health bar. It's a starter frame. It's expected.

So you show up on someone else's T4 key with him. People will think you are a noob. Personally, I'd go with it. He's a starter frame, but he also has the best CC in the game in Radial Blind. Specing him for it makes him a one-trick pony, but the trick is amazing. I've made my Excalibur for it, and I've seen others do the same.