Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Windows 8.1

Legacies

Now hello guys, I need your opinion on something. Windows 8.1 was released a long time ago and I need some infortmation if its worth it or not. I did hear that in windows 8, you can only play games licensed by Microsoft and other games outside that boundry won't be playable. Can anyone confirm this? Will I still be able to play Warframe and other downloadable games? Yes the new interface is weird but it looks cool and it will take time getting used to but help me out. Lend me a little knowledge about Windows 8.1

Edited by Legacies

Windows 8.1 is just a normal operating system like Windows 7. Don't worry and install it. You won't have any problem with licencing etc. it will all run as good as on Windows 7. The biggest visible change in win 8.1 is that tiles-based gui.

Ah sweet cause I did hear about conpatibility issues with the OS when the original Windows 8 was leaked so I'm guessing they mustve fixed it in 8.1. In conclusion, is Windows 8.1 worth upgrading on a brand new custom made console?

Built my new PC about a week ago, running windows 8.1 64bit now, so far, it's fine. Although I had one problem, windows 8.1 came with a driver that can cause memory leak, if you'll get this problem, you'll have to go to your registry, find "Ndu.sys" driver and disable it manually. I also had some compatibility issues with several games, crysis 3 for example which is a fairly new game after all, not to mention some of the older ones. Other than that, it's basically windows 7

(Personally: If I would've got to live with windows 8.1 for a bit without buying them, I would've gone with windows 7 again on my new PC, but that's just me)

Windows 8.1 was the worst experience in my life when it came to OS.

Getting the settings slidebar is pain.

Uninstalling 8.1 was also pain in normal way, (something about blocking the uninstall button unless you enable the option somewhere), that option didn't existed, and bootsequence blocked. had to format the drive.

Blue screen of death, about 3-4 times in a month.

Everyone kept praising the performance increase, oddly enough mine was actually lower.

Lack of windows button drove me insane.

Edited by Morgax

Windows 8/8.1 RT is a edition of the operating system that ONLY ALLOWS Programs/Apps acquired from the Windows Store (app store) to run...

You can not run Steam or any game not found in the Official Windows Store, think of it as a iOS version of Windows where everything is simplified and locked.

Regular not RT versions of Windows 8 do not have any restrictions

Edited by (PS4)kmg90