Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno Combat Vehicles.

S0ulre4per

Hi. Yea yea i know ''it's a ninja game, it won't fit this game''

But still. for example - there is a huge map, grineer are getting tanks and armored trucks,(weapon shipment probably)

we try to gun them down with our weapons but that doesnt work,

so lotus drops in a crate and inside is our badass combat vehicle (dune buggy had a kid with batmobile)

and we have to drive around and destroy those trucks. i think it would be awesome and tenno would have some real serious military tech.

and dont start with we are ninjas we can take them down with swords.... NO ..we need those vehicles and you know it.

Combat vehicles is meant to be a different kind of a mission, dont get me wrong, they cant be used in a regular mission, thats why we need those field missions

Edited by S0ulre4per

I don't want this game to drift closer to Halo, but I get the appeal. That just doesn't sound like a Tenno thing to do though. We're stealthy, agile warriors who perform precision strikes behind enemy lines. If we're in front of a tank, driving around a dune buggy, we're doing it wrong. I'd like a bossfight with an actual tank though. Gameplay would most likely involve avoiding being 1shot/run over while finding a way to cripple it and get inside to slaughter fools.

Edited by Sswordplay

Y'know, if those tanks are just as armored as those heavily armored mining vehicles, I could one hit them with my Lex.

Let's hope the aren't.

naaa, they have to be REALLY TOUGH. its a dam tank. :) but seriously, if grineer decide to upgrade their military and use a mother f*&^% tanks, we have to get some military tech too, no offense but even a tenno with guns cant take down a tank.

I don't want to go closer to Halo, but I get the appeal. That just doesn't sound like a Tenno thing to do though. We're stealthy, agile warriors who perform precision strikes behind enemy lines. If we're in front of a tank, driving around a dune buggy, we're doing it wrong.

XD

Tenno: is this right?

Lotus: wtf are you doing????

Tenno: driving  a buggy into battle

Louts: NO I DIDNT AUTHORIZE THAT UR DOIN IT WRONG!

I don't this game to drift closer to Halo, but I get the appeal. That just doesn't sound like a Tenno thing to do though. We're stealthy, agile warriors who perform precision strikes behind enemy lines. If we're in front of a tank, driving around a dune buggy, we're doing it wrong.

well....batman is stealth based superhero too, buuuuuuut he kinda HAD to use his batmobile as a combat vehicle......anyways there should only be few missions like this, because i dont want this game to turn in to battlefield tanks or something hehe

Phobos could be a good place.....desert planet sand mountains and stuff. it could work on phobos

One of the spawn rooms has an immediate drop through a hole probably less than 5 meters across! I know I'm being nitpicky here but the environment we find ourselves in is too often far to tight for a vehicle to be useful. That, combined with us theoretically being stealthy characters and copter-ing or just running getting us places fast enough makes vehicles very unlikely.

One of the spawn rooms has an immediate drop through a hole probably less than 5 meters across! I know I'm being nitpicky here but the environment we find ourselves in is too often far to tight for a vehicle to be useful. That, combined with us theoretically being stealthy characters and copter-ing or just running getting us places fast enough makes vehicles very unlikely.

Vehicles don't fit into the lore.

None of the factions have any use for combat vehicles other than spaceships.

Edit: cargo vehicles would fit, but it would make more sense to ambush those while they're parked.

Edited by vaugahn

i mean those combat vehicles are ''special type of missions'' not like we use them on regular missions :)) its like on phobos there are those regular mission and 1 or 2 are those tank missions, where we are out in the desert and have to stop those trucks . like HUGE  map

Edited by S0ulre4per

naaa, they have to be REALLY TOUGH. its a dam tank. :) but seriously, if grineer decide to upgrade their military and use a mother f*&^% tanks, we have to get some military tech too, no offense but even a tenno with guns cant take down a tank.

Who said anything about guns. We have rocket launchers and RPGs and glaives that can explode.

Edited by Iceski13

I would rather have the movement and parkouring system fixed first, to allow for seamless and fluid player maneuvering before anything at all to do with adding a new, lore-straining mechanic with dubious utility in anything but the largest of tilesets, which even now aren't all that large imo. If enemy vehicles were to be implemented, I can definitely see an improved, streamlined parkour system taking on tanks and APCs and shiz any day of the week, and I'd probably have more fun than I've ever had doing it too.

I've got no problems with fighting vehicles on foot, along with implementing sniper nests, firefight blockades, etc if you're drawing inspiration from those types of games, but placing Tenno into vehicles is too far out there for what Warframe aims to be right now.

Edited by Vastaren

I don't want this game to drift closer to Halo, but I get the appeal. That just doesn't sound like a Tenno thing to do though. We're stealthy, agile warriors who perform precision strikes behind enemy lines. If we're in front of a tank, driving around a dune buggy, we're doing it wrong. I'd like a bossfight with an actual tank though. Gameplay would most likely involve avoiding being 1shot/run over while finding a way to cripple it and get inside to slaughter fools.

We're stealthy agile warriors who perform the art of Ogris, Soma, Penta etc etc and strike in front of everybody.

Hmm, Lore Wise, I can see why everyone thinks this isnt a good idea, but a mission that requires a vehicle [wether it be a buggy, stolen tank, Bike, Moa] or at least helps to have one is a pretty fun idea, also alout of people here say that the Tenno were meant to be stealthy......were stealthy up until we look at the enemy, majority of players have a KILL ALL LEAVE NO SURVIVORS mentality or a GOTTA GO FAST GOTTA GO FAST mentality, very few choose stealth so that arguement is invalid.

Also on Phobos, the idea isnt that far fetched, there is plenty of open desert and large canyons, whats not to say that the abandoned colony's had highway-ish systems. And the Vehicles dont have to be ours, we are Looters arnt we?

Hmm, Lore Wise, I can see why everyone thinks this isnt a good idea, but a mission that requires a vehicle [wether it be a buggy, stolen tank, Bike, Moa] or at least helps to have one is a pretty fun idea, also alout of people here say that the Tenno were meant to be stealthy......were stealthy up until we look at the enemy, majority of players have a KILL ALL LEAVE NO SURVIVORS mentality or a GOTTA GO FAST GOTTA GO FAST mentality, very few choose stealth so that arguement is invalid.

Also on Phobos, the idea isnt that far fetched, there is plenty of open desert and large canyons, whats not to say that the abandoned colony's had highway-ish systems. And the Vehicles dont have to be ours, we are Looters arnt we?

The next frame is....

tumblr_mh8ag5KH9r1qff956o1_500.jpg

Half Tenno, half Kubrow. All fast.

Powers:

1. Fast: sprint speed increased by 200%

2. Faster: sprint speed increased by 400%

3. Even faster: sprint speed increased by 1000%

4. So fast you're gold: you glow gold and appear at extraction with all missions in every part of the planet completed.

The next frame is....tumblr_mh8ag5KH9r1qff956o1_500.jpg

Powers:

4. So fast you're gold: you glow gold and appear at extraction with all missions in every part of the planet completed.

Weakness: Touches any enemy and immediately loses all credits

The next frame is....

tumblr_mh8ag5KH9r1qff956o1_500.jpg

Powers:

DE, DO WANT! PLZ make soni kubroframe!

Btw, greenier have excavation venichles, corpus - robots ( why no huge mechs?), we even have a huge boss-infested. Some venichles would be nice.

( why no huge mechs?)

Jackal?

Anyways, it wouldn't make sense for the Grineer or the Corpus to have combat vehicles. The whole reason combat vehicles were created was to protect soldiers, but since the Grineer are constantly cloning new soldiers and the Corpus can just build new proxies there's not really any point, and a horde of soldiers can cover more ground than a vehicle.

The only vehicles I would see them using are transports for troops and cargo.

Jackal?

Anyways, it wouldn't make sense for the Grineer or the Corpus to have combat vehicles. The whole reason combat vehicles were created was to protect soldiers, but since the Grineer are constantly cloning new soldiers and the Corpus can just build new proxies there's not really any point, and a horde of soldiers can cover more ground than a vehicle.

The only vehicles I would see them using are transports for troops and cargo.

^Vay Heks Terra Frame, Hek himself is pretty much a gunship with a head

Edited by HappyApathy

Grineer:  "Glory to Grineer!"... "Release the GRINPANZER!"

Fleet of badass tanks start mobilizing.

Corpus shaking in moon boots.

Day looks ruined.

Loki appears out of nowhere. Radial disarm... Tanks shut down.

Grineer: "What is this trickery!" Facepalms.

Seems interesting to me, I find the invasions lacking a "true" warfield feeling, it would need to be invasion 2.0

There can't be only ship to ship boarding actions & small operations as it is now in an invasion

A true battlefield with tanks, air support, mass group tactics & all the things around, with the tennos acting like small elite units could be good

The dark sector conflict system could be adapted (but without PvP, or at least a choice between PvP & PvE)