The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Always Ask For Nerfs?

(PSN)SancticuS

You see one or two individual threads about "Buff Braton Prime, Buff Attica, etc.", but in most of those threads there is going to always be one guy that goes "no nerf Boltor Prime instead", alongside the number of threads that are about "nerf X weapon" "Y weapon needs to be nerfed" etc. It's much more uncommon to see someone say "we should buff the other weapons" in a "nerf X weapon thread" than someone saying "we should be nerfing X weapon" in a "Buff Y weapon thread".

You see? Go to the respective forums and read. There is not even a single nerf thread in frames section.

Recall what has got changed in recent half-year or so. 

And yes, to balance you need to nerf the overpowered stuff to lower the gap, this game is already drowning in powercreep and DEL is already making unfairly hard enemies to balance against the stupidly op guns they've made only making the overall balance worse. 

This post was not meant to offend, however, I do understand it is a very hot issue considering how deeply competitive some people are, but the fact is, it takes people to call for nerfs, and usually those people are the ones on the receiving end of said gun, not the Infestation you just blew apart for the billionth time.

Except as pointed out above, PvP and PvE are balanced separately. When PvP players call for a nerf, they can change is stats for PvP only. In fact, many weapons already have different PvP stats.  

To be blunt (op)...you're not qualified enough to instruct people on what is and is not a buff, you dont know what was installed as a temporary bandaid and what is a finalized product. You're just butthurt that you have to adapt because your super easy go to fix-all niche has been put onto proper terms with the rest of the game.

Edited by Clone154769

To be blunt (op)...you're not qualified enough to instruct people on what is and is not a buff, you dont know what was installed as a temporary bandaid and what is a finalized product. You're just butthurt that you have to adapt because your super easy go to fix-all niche has been put onto proper terms with the rest of the game.

I don't know about your reading skills but nowhere in my post did I complain about having to adapt or express feelings of being butthurt about my "super easy" gear. I simply asked a valid question about why people always ask for nerfs instead of buffs. So before you claim that someone is unqualified for something maybe you should ask yourself if you are actually qualified to contribute anything reasonable to a normal discussion.