Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fixing The Miter

jmforeman02

The miter is such a unique weapon and has the potential to be really cool but falls short for a number of reasons. As it stands it acts like a strange sniper rifle or bow, but we could make it much more unique. I think that the disc should be bigger to counter the bullet travel time and so that it has a little more CC ability. Or, even better: you could make it so that the charge shot fired 2 discs instead of 1 attached by a cable so that the discs are simultaneously rotating and revolving around each other in flight like a bolo of sorts increasing the width but would consume twice the ammo .Or the 2 rails of the gun could each fire a small disc all the time. If you want to spice it up even more you could make it so that the cable attaching the two discs unwound as it travels making it larger and larger the further the discs go or you could make it the opposite so that the cable wound up as it traveled.  Also could the ricochet vs. punch through action be made a little more predictable?

And since the miter isn't capable of critting but can achieve 100+% status, it would be nice to use all of it. Right now it caps at 100% but what if you changed it to be more like the crits are now where you can use more than 100%. In this case if you had say 125% status, then you'd proc a random status 100% of the time and proc another random status 25% of the time. 

With just a little reworking this weapon could be even more interesting to play with and MUCH more effective. If you like you could release this version as a Tenno research Mark 2 model or something.

Problem with your suggestion is that it drives too far from what the Mitter is.

You see, this weapon goes all the way back to 1998, Unreal Tournament. That is why we have the Goo Gun and the Drakgoon and various other weapons, they are from that game which DE has worked on in collaboration. They might've even worked on the gun themselves, we don't know.

The Mitter should be pushed to be more viable and powerful but your suggestion on the secondary attack is a no-go in my bag of goodies :)

(sorry if date is wrong XD)

Miter as it stands is kinda devastating I go in to say a T3 or T4 and on a full charge anything through that front door before it even opens is dead with a single disc I remember back when the Angstrum Bug had hit Miter it could dish out upwards of 800K damage on a full shot on pure elemental non-critical hit damage due to having fired 3(6) disks dealing quite a lot on their own if they could bring back to that along with say a bigger hit box I'd be happy.

Hell I'd want that for Wraith Miter Charge in half the speed of current Miter with half the mag but bigger disks that are launched at 3 for the price of 1 on full charge. (seriously I was able to solo a T3 Def with just Miter and Zephyr's windwall back when the bug was around, 15 waves)

This is what I was running during the bug incident if only they had brought the damage back to par

Current Build

Problem with your suggestion is that it drives too far from what the Mitter is.

You see, this weapon goes all the way back to 1998, Unreal Tournament. That is why we have the Goo Gun and the Drakgoon and various other weapons, they are from that game which DE has worked on in collaboration. They might've even worked on the gun themselves, we don't know.

The Mitter should be pushed to be more viable and powerful but your suggestion on the secondary attack is a no-go in my bag of goodies :)

(sorry if date is wrong XD)

The problem with this logic is that it means the miter should stay the way it is in this game because it worked in a completely different one. Doesn't make much sense to me but one of my suggestions would allow you to keep your miter and allow me to have mine too. They could release my version as the Miter Mk 2 as tenno lab clan research.

The problem with this logic is that it means the miter should stay the way it is in this game because it worked in a completely different one. Doesn't make much sense to me but one of my suggestions would allow you to keep your miter and allow me to have mine too. They could release my version as the Miter Mk 2 as tenno lab clan research.

Maybe your suggestion could be a complete new/different weapon but the Mitter should be what it is now just teeny bit more powerful, my opinion anyway.

Also there are a lot of fans that would prefer it stays the same as it was in the old game, like me :/

Due to it's nature, perhaps this weapon may be buffed alongside other weapons.

I'm sure those aren't through with yet.

I think the blade itself needs quite a speed increase, but this would also make it very hard to dodge for eviscerators, making them a little OP.

A little?  They already are.