Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Two Questions About Dual Vipers

SerosterPrime

Question

#1.  Is the accuracy really worse than the single viper?  The wiki says so.  That's... really disappointing.  I have a maxed Viper that I accidentally purchased with plat, so anyways overcharged, and it's pretty awesome even at medium-long range. 

#2.  How do dual pistols work when you pick up a data module to carry for those missions?  Do you end up just using the single version of the weapon? 

8 answers to this question

#1: Yes. Think of a dual staple gun. It sprays like crazy. But it's FUN.

#2: Doesn't matter. Those pistols are no actual existing objects, gamewise. For all the game engine cares, the Dual Vipers could be a garden hose, the firing profile is what it is. When you carry a module, you have one hand down, one hand up, the profile is still the same.

Hey, one more question.  I take it that in order to make these after already having a 1st viper, I need to buy viper blueprints, craft them, then buy twin viper bp, and then craft them.  Is that right? 

Lotsa credits for this...

Edited by Kempner

accuracy on em only really suffers if you spray all over which can oddly help when swarmed, and sadly they are indeed costly and time consuming to craft but oh so worth it when you spew out more lead than a chinese paint factory (sorry had to say it)

The fire rate on these things is INSANE.

I actually use a macro to SLOW THEM DOWN.

Modded I'm killing ~20ish Grineer with 2 headshots. The lightest click of the mouse is usually 3 shots, a normal click is a burst of 5-6.

The accurracy is poor but the sheer number of bullets you throw at a target means you get enough hits at midrange to take stuff down. Rollers/Fylers are really easy, and you can kill stuff by dragging the mouse across them :D... Ammo consumption is a nightmare tho.