Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just Something To Think About.

(PSN)theelix

Some major contradictions in your statements:

You should rely on more than one weapon

(It is called primary for a reason and it should be your main weapon while the others supplement it)

Launchers should be situational weapon

(Again, it is a primary weapon, no primary weapons should only be applicable for one situation)

A big badass support weapon

(You know what....it is your primary weapon, it should be used as such not a support weapon)

So unless you make a additional weapon slot or a gear slot for heavy weapons you should actually be able to use whatever primary weapon you chose as your number 1 weapon rather than a ad hoc solution that needs to be fixed with your other weapons.

I actually agree with the spirit of your post in the sense that launchers should be equipped under the secondary slot. That way you could equip an AR or DMR and still have the launcher as a true secondary weapon to supplement your primary. However I do disagree with the opinion that your primary should be your most used weapon in the mission, most times my dragon nikana sees the most use by far, other times it's my akmagnus or despair, it just depends on how I feel like engaging the enemy. This of course is just my opinion and there are so many different load outs and playstyles no one way is right or better than the others and if you want to carpet bomb the enemy with your penta or ogris well that's cool, all the rebalancing did is make it so you have to scavenge ammo just the same as anyone using a fast firing AR style weapon.

have to scavenge ammo just the same as anyone using a fast firing AR style weapon.

Yeah there is no problem with that, but a 96% reduction is too much. People in general understand that 540 was too high but point is that somewhere between the numbers 540 and 20 there is a more sensible middle ground. In addition it now restocks from the most rare of all ammo drops sniper ammo.

Ogris is a charge weapon, Penta you detonate the grenades yourself so they are not quite comparable to fast firing assault rifles. They also require a much more cautionary use since you risk killing yourself easily with these weapon. A fate The Torid escapes since it does not inflict self damage.

So now we have launcher weapons that don't compare to the run and gun style of assault rifles neither the distance killing of the sniper rifles all while having the smallest available ammo pool and very few applications left in the game. Clearly that was not DE's intentions for this balancing.