Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sniper Rifles And Secondary Launcher Ammo

RaymondJamesDio

I just did some testing with a few different weapon combos.

Castanas and the Angstrom now share the same ammo pool with sniper rifles, bows, and launchers, but only when equipped alongside them. Equipping a bow or sniper rifle when you have castanas or angstrom in your secondary slot will cap your ammo capacity for your bow or sniper rifle at 30 rounds. If equipped without a secondary launcher, bows and sniper rifles will have the normal ammo reserve of 72 rounds.

Furthermore, since they draw from the same ammo pool, this has the effect of using up bow ammo when shooting your angstrom/castana and visa versa. I do not believe this is intended behavior.

Edited by Sholef

You missed a few things... Lemme share!

I already posted this elsewhere but I''l just cut and paste to save time.

I found something that may be a bug, maybe not. If using a vectis angstrum combo rounds fired with either take away from both. So say you use 15 rounds sniping and swap to angstrum you only have 15 rounds, I was thinking they would each have 30 to themselves. I'm not sure what was intended. I will say it made ammo management a little more intensive but I managed to make do, as I was soloing on pluto at the time.

This could actually be broken, it may allow using a sniper ammo mod in say a vectis, for almost infinite ammo in the angstrum while not having to sacrifice a dmg mod for ammo.

Back to testing.

Ok Paris has same 30 rounds being shared with angstrum.

Sniper ammo mutation is only good on sniper rifles not bow or launchers, pistols do not have a sniper ammo mod, you can't feed the sniper, bow, or launcher with an angstrum, but you can indeed feed your angstrum with a sniper rifle equipped with sniper ammo mutation. It gives sniper rifle, angstrum combo an interesting synergy, although I am not sure it's intended, and it does require giving up some sniper dmg to feed your angstrum. Pair that with a sniper scavenger aura, and ammo for the angstrum is a complete non issue while still being full modded for damage.

I'm really not sure what the intentions of the developer are but, I find it hard to believe they intended this synergy to exist.

I'll repeat sniper rifle with mutation + angstrum modded however you like + sniper scavenger aura = infinite Angstrum ammo.

I think I deserve a cookie or at least a primed chamber for all this work!