Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

-Just An Idea On Why Weapons Share Ammo

Each weapon is engineered so that it can transform a certain type of base material into a projectile or focus it into a super heated stream on the fly.

This change to fire arms was implemented do the the scarcity of standard ammunition when traveling from from Earth, as well as the danger and higher fuel usage associated with transporting large amounts on gun powder, while the resources for creating this new, more efficient ammo, were plentiful throughout the universe and even within the void.

-

Precision ammo is the base, and used for rifles let's call the element SFBS

Spread ammo is a much less dense variant of the SFBS so when it is fired the force fractures it into tiny shards or even a gas.

Small arms ammo is a highly refined SFBS. Think diamonds vs coal.

Heavy ammo is the densest variant of SFBS and as such can not be effectively fired from the other weapons. However, it has much. much higher kinetic damage potential while also being unstable when struck with a large deal of force, making it ideal for snipers and rockets. It would also explain why snipers and explosives share the same ammo type.

Thoughts?

Pretty close to my headcanon. I always imagined that the pickups were little containers for a gel-like substance. This would feed into a system in either the suit or the weapon which would convert the gel into the appropriate ammunition.

maybe the "Sniper Ammo" should be renamed to "Special ammo" because it shares with bows, rifle, attica bolt, and launchers.

I'm pretty sure it used to be called that.

Edited by Corvid