The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Snipers Still Needs A Buff

JerZeyCJ

The buffs they got were nice, but overall not what they needed. The Vectis is now a status weapon, when that was supposed to be the Vulkar's or Lanka's place. Every one of the sniper weapons needs to have at least a 30% crit chance so that they can reach 100% and at least 3.0 crit damage. The Vectis should have its status reduced back down and have its crit chance boosted up to 50% and crit damage to 3.5. The Vulkar should have its reload put back up to 4 seconds and have its status boosted up further, along with the crit chance and damage changes I mentioned. The Lanka should also have its status chance increased and charge time decreased(again, along with the crit changes).

And, most important of all, an option to get rid of the scopes. Zooming in really far and loosing your peripheral vision is not something ideal in a game like Warframe.

The Vulkar speed with the new update is good enough as it is, but I agree with you about the damage boost all the snipers need. I love the Vulkar, but now it has less damage than the other snipers the Lanka and the Vectis and now the Vulkar is not a status sniper anymore. If the Vulkar doesn't have the required changes either damage or status wise then there will be less people using it as it will lay in the shadow of the Vectis, Lanka, Snipetron, and the Snipetron Vandal.

I like where the vectis is at. Is it so wrong to have some variety? It's the first weapon in my mind that actually makes sense to build around offensive damaging procs and still be competitive with other endgame weapons.

Making weapons capable of reaching 100% crit is boring.  Might as well remove crits from the game and just boost other sources of dmg.

Under the assumption you're complaining about the effectiveness of streaky dps using slow firing weapons, because of multishot any weapon that reaches like 50% crit is going to have a somewhat consistent dps w/o factoring in procs.

Edited by Quizel

No, they definitely needed the buffs. There was no reason to take a sniper over a bow save for PvP. Now snipers are more viable across the board. I think the changes are pretty good as is, but I wouldn't complain about more sniper buffs.

I agree with the zooming though. I think all snipers should start at about where Vectis is at by default, and use Eagle Eye if one wants to improve the zoom

Edited by finaLfrontier

I really like the idea of variable zoom the especially if you could toggle it outside of aim mode or keep the magnitude from the last time it was used.  That way snipers could actually be used in run n' gun situations that comprise about 90% of the game.

at least the vectis should be moddable to 100% ccrit, as it stands right now with ~75% (pointstrike+critical delay), in one out of 4 shots you will be screwed because the heavy that should've died is still alive and very angry with you

dont know if vulkar should get the same treatment, and lanka is more of a status-gun and has innate punchthrough, but at leasrt the vectis should be able to crit reliably

Just give all snipers infinite range punch-through and have their damage double for each enemy the shot passes through.

Why didn't I think of this. Though doubling for every enemy is too much. Maybe only a bonus 150% for any enemies which get hit after the bullet passes through the first. 

This would make sniper rifles SO MUCH FUN.