The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trying Get My Friend To Play Warframe (Again)

Zurakci

So My friend started with warframe on PS4 (no u.14 ya know) and he didnt like it. I told him that PC master race and better version and finally after a while I managed to bother him enough with it til he decided to download it on pc.

Though everytime I mention it he always says "Nah I wanna play some Dark Souls 2 or Sanctum or something"

All I get in my head is this little comment Vay Hek once told us:

Its not easy getting people who disliked the previous system to try out the new one. But he will get there... Hopefully.

It took me ages to get my friends to play and for ages they didn't have a good PC and now that they can play it and have a good game play experience they now B#%ch about the story.

Some people simply dismiss this game and call it a no story grind fest.

I really hope they introduce some more story missions that are different and also some different enemies that aren't all just humanoids like more machines for corpus or some large scale bosses or bosses that require more thinking and tactics and weak points since Lephantis was so weak.

If you want your friend to play you could try what I did play a game they like but you hate in exchange for trying Warframes again once a big patch is out so they can see the improvments.

I really hope they introduce some more story missions that are different and also some different enemies that aren't all just humanoids like more machines for corpus or some large scale bosses or bosses that require more thinking and tactics and weak points since Lephantis was so weak.

I heard that DE planned to have those kinds of stuff by the end of the year, but I'm not sure.

As one of those friends I can confirm that this will be difficult. In my case I have 4 friends who played the game a lot and really liked it but I just never found it that amazing. Secondly I felt like I had ages worth of content to catch up as they were all around rank 5 at this point. I also hated the idea of playing a game this RNG heavy (and let me tell you I still hate the RNG with every fiber of my soul and being, it's the main thing that makes me sad about this game and almost all my problems stem from it).

The thing that finally drove me to play was that it was the only real thing I could play with them. It took literally months of coaxing on their part and I had to embrace the RNG farming that I hated. Oh boy I farmed. I ground mastery for weeks, playing every day, building weapons constantly. That's what I had to do to catch up. (currently MRank 9 with about 167 in game hours played and 270 on steam and I've also surpassed some of them). The problem then was the level of farming I had to do to play with my friends pretty much burnt me out.

In summary/TLDR:

Indeed it will be very difficult.

Be careful about your friend getting burnt out if you're far ahead of him.

Good luck :)

Tried getting several friends to play since update 14 came out and yeah they pretty much just laughed at me and told me to go play my crappy game. Its really hard to get people to play a game once they've already made their own opinion out of it from playing it in the past. 

I did show them the new Archwing trailer though and they think it looks cool.

Edited by grillv20

I heard that DE planned to have those kinds of stuff by the end of the year, but I'm not sure.

As someone who's been playing since closed beta, trust me when I say that DE has made this statement before... a lot of times...

Lore or story is clearly not at the top of their agenda.

I also tried to get a friend to play warframe. (this was before U14) The first things he said were: Why do do I only have one frame? Why do I get killed so often? Why am i doing so little damage?

I told him you have to build things first and to get a serration mod. Hell, I even offered him a blank seration mod for free, but he was already turned off by the fact that he had so little in the beginning, like that sort of thing you have in EVERY game....and then he also started to whine about the RNG...

He didn't want to play anymore because he couldn't get all the rhino parts in 3 runs. And then, people, when he finally got all the parts, he discovered it: you need MATERIALS to actually build the damn thing! my god, what is this nightmare??? wait, this isn't the end of the world yet... let me see.  OH NO, A CONTROL MODULE.WHAT IS THAT? A MATERIAL I DONT HAVE INSTANTLY! NOPE, i'm outta here! I'm done . *&$% this game..

God, people these days...