Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Says A Lot About The Community..

BlutAdler

It's funny that some people think buying stuff with platinum is in some way cheating in this game. The cash shop is there for a reason, so you can trade money for elbow grease, which is important in this day and age. If you have money and just want to have fun, you can sidestep the grind. Newer players aren't stupid. They read forums and look stuff up, and they know that a good build means using formas and boosters, and many of them will happily hand over some cash to skip from being a newbie to someone worth having in a group.

A while back I went back and made a 'perfect newbie' set of gear. Excaliber, with a booster and six formas, a Braton with six formas and a booster, a Lato with five formas and a booster, and a Skana with a few formas and a booster. It was a kick &#! set of gear, and it was great fun to use. People would see me and kinda tut at how obviously newbie I was, and then I'd wreck the place up and make them feel bad about themselves. 

There is no objective way to measure how good someone will be on any mission. The OP's problem isn't that new people want to try out the cool content, it's that he's trying to play with public people then *@##$ing that they are... Well... The same as in every PUG chat in every game. If you want to only play with people you trust to be good, then play with people you know. I mean, if you know a guy personally, and know he kicks &#! even though he's at a low MR or whatever, then you'd totally let him come along. 

If you want to play with people you know are good, try actually making some friends and talking to them. Try joining a clan! Or just interacting with other human beings beyond boiling them down into objective numbers to decide if they are good enough to grace you with their presence.

Why not limit mastery rank, but by conclave?

300 minimum would suffice most people. leveling a new warframe and 1 new weapon.

Both aren't sound measurements in the game. Conclave is by mod ranks, Mastery by maxed weapons/warframes leveled, even then, it isn't a clue to how skilled someone is. Give someone a booben and tons of weapons with defense missions, and you'll see that guy with a mastery rank higher than most, but that doesn't mean he's got the skills to last in higher level missions.

When people can't admit that certain instances of the game are meant for players if a certain rank and skill level. 

Why is it so hard for people to understand that? 

That when someone asks you to leave or that you can't join a T4S at rank 3, or 4. You shouldn't be upset because it MAKES SENSE that you shouldn't be able to do that. There is a reason all these nodes are in place and sectioned off in levels.

I seriously ask, why don't people understand this, and why when I explain this to the new players of the game, older players get highly upset and not only argue the opposite, but then start to attack me personally (lol). Do you even know what you're arguing or are you just trying to be rebels without a cause?

It's weird. Stop it.

My sister just turned rank 5, been playing a month and can go 40min in T4 without a problem, not seeing your point? You cannot judge solely on rank alone, thats what the problem is. Skill and rank are different, theres also no way for you to tell if they have been taught things they need to know, etc. by clan mates, siblings, etc.

We have no real way to judge a given players ability before hand, I've had plenty of r8+ drag me down in T4 and want to leave by wave 15/20min because they either are bored or cant handle it, while my "newb" sister is reviving them and saying shes not done yet. Shes r5, yet I duo with her more than anyone else because I know I can rely on her to do what she needs to for the mission to succeed.

TL;DR a Dedicated r5 can surely do a T4 no issue if they put the time and energy into learning what they need to and getting better at the game, BUT there is no way for you to tell if they have or havent and rank locks are unfair to those who have. If you want to keep them out, just take the S#&$ and move on, its your key so dont let low ranks in if you dont want to. Toughen, up its the internet and people will give you S#&$ either way.

Edited by Echoa

It's funny that some people think buying stuff with platinum is in some way cheating in this game. The cash shop is there for a reason, so you can trade money for elbow grease, which is important in this day and age. If you have money and just want to have fun, you can sidestep the grind. Newer players aren't stupid. They read forums and look stuff up, and they know that a good build means using formas and boosters, and many of them will happily hand over some cash to skip from being a newbie to someone worth having in a group.

A while back I went back and made a 'perfect newbie' set of gear. Excaliber, with a booster and six formas, a Braton with six formas and a booster, a Lato with five formas and a booster, and a Skana with a few formas and a booster. It was a kick @$$ set of gear, and it was great fun to use. People would see me and kinda tut at how obviously newbie I was, and then I'd wreck the place up and make them feel bad about themselves. 

There is no objective way to measure how good someone will be on any mission. The OP's problem isn't that new people want to try out the cool content, it's that he's trying to play with public people then *@##$ing that they are... Well... The same as in every PUG chat in every game. If you want to only play with people you trust to be good, then play with people you know. I mean, if you know a guy personally, and know he kicks @$$ even though he's at a low MR or whatever, then you'd totally let him come along. 

If you want to play with people you know are good, try actually making some friends and talking to them. Try joining a clan! Or just interacting with other human beings beyond boiling them down into objective numbers to decide if they are good enough to grace you with their presence.

I wish you read my comments instead of skimming over it. What am I talking about?

I'm talking about you coming at my neck about claiming I have an issue with platinum buyers. Where did I say that/where did you get that from? You missed the point I was making bringing that story up. 

Again, with everyone getting really defensive about the matter, I have, time and time again, tried to clarify that my frustrations lie with the ignorance and fury I've been exposed to when making a very (or at least I believed it to be) obvious point about Mastery Rank and game modes. If you were meant to have everything in the game at Mastery Rank one, this thread nor the tensions that other players of Warframe feel would exist.  Beat this into your heads. Everyone keeps exclaiming that mastery ranks and conclave do not matter, however it is literally a form of...wait for it... RANKING. And the reason behind me making this thread was to point out to those who read it that if you are low mastery RANKING you should not be upset or bewildered at me negating your entry to my key hosting. 

That's it. That's the point I'm making. 

While I'm open to any other discussion offered, telling me about how YOU can single-handedly take your newbie friends up to 45 minutes of T4 Survival, or about how you can blast through these missions with your starter weapon. It's not helping your case. Why? Because it doesn't deter away from the point that more often than not, you [a lower leveled new to warframe player] would waste the key that I [or anyone else who has similar feelings on the issue] worked to get.

Please tell me that you finally understand what I am saying? There's no elitist MR bias. This is not Vindictus or League of Legends, this is Warframe. 

Edited by BlutAdler

My sister just turned rank 5, been playing a month and can go 40min in T4 without a problem, not seeing your point? You cannot judge solely on rank alone, thats what the problem is. Skill and rank are different, theres also no way for you to tell if they have been taught things they need to know, etc. by clan mates, siblings, etc.

We have no real way to judge a given players ability before hand, I've had plenty of r8+ drag me down in T4 and want to leave by wave 15/20min because they either are bored or cant handle it, while my "newb" sister is reviving them and saying shes not done yet. Shes r5, yet I duo with her more than anyone else because I know I can rely on her to do what she needs to for the mission to succeed.

TL;DR a Dedicated r5 can surely do a T4 no issue if they put the time and energy into learning what they need to and getting better at the game, BUT there is no way for you to tell if they have or havent and rank locks are unfair to those who have. If you want to keep them out, just take the S#&$ and move on, its your key so dont let low ranks in if you dont want to. Toughen, up its the internet and people will give you S#&$ either way.

I understand what you're saying however it doesn't change the fact that although it has no direct correlation to skill, mastery rank is a good determination of time spend in Warframe and some know how on how to effectively and successfully complete a mission or play in it. I'm sorry but that's true. It's true that after a certain point, MR becomes cosmetic, however, that doesn't turn true until around 8-10. Which is what I (now) cut off my key hosting requirement to.

Knowing that you and your sister can push that far and play that will I'd gladly add you to the team, however there is no way of knowing that until I got to know you both.. so let her continue to play with you and whoever else knows her well enough to add her. And I will continue to negate newbie players until they have enough rank and mastery that I feel suffice. 

Both aren't sound measurements in the game. Conclave is by mod ranks, Mastery by maxed weapons/warframes leveled, even then, it isn't a clue to how skilled someone is. Give someone a booben and tons of weapons with defense missions, and you'll see that guy with a mastery rank higher than most, but that doesn't mean he's got the skills to last in higher level missions.

Here's the thing about anything that deals with people. You're never going to have 100% of anything. Meaning that majority rules. Correct? Okay so majority of the players that fail my parties are ranks lower than 8, who do you think I am going to try and recruit into my parties more in the future?

This goes for everyone else as well who shares similar views. 

Because unlike you, they don't care about your key, they don't care that their wasting your precious time on farming that key, and all they care about is getting some quick XP, Credits, and rewards.

I hope they add Mastery rank locks so 1-5 can't join T4s. >.>

He knows.

I understand what you're saying however it doesn't change the fact that although it has no direct correlation to skill, mastery rank is a good determination of time spend in Warframe and some know how on how to effectively and successfully complete a mission or play in it. I'm sorry but that's true. It's true that after a certain point, MR becomes cosmetic, however, that doesn't turn true until around 8-10. Which is what I (now) cut off my key hosting requirement to.

Knowing that you and your sister can push that far and play that will I'd gladly add you to the team, however there is no way of knowing that until I got to know you both.. so let her continue to play with you and whoever else knows her well enough to add her. And I will continue to negate newbie players until they have enough rank and mastery that I feel suffice. 

You seemed to misunderstand my point, mastery is almost purely cosmetic from the beginning. The only thing it means is you have leveled stuff up, which you can level every single item in the game on Mercury in sub 200hrs, reach rank 10+ and never have once played T4. I was mastery rank 8 till about 2 months ago (now r10) and I've been playing since beginning of OB. Only reason was I just didnt feel the need to level anything (i had the weapons I liked), because mastery is just flexing your Epeen and saying you leveled stuff.

As I said, its fine to not want those people in your party, its your key, but dont get mad because they do. Its gonna happen, there is no point in complaining about their complaining. Just tell them no, let them $#*(@, ignore it, move on. Threads like these really serve no purpose other than for people to vent, the same points come up over and over, the thread dies or gets closed because it becomes a flame war, rinse, repeat.

Long story short, the worlds a S#&$ place, you're gonna get S#&$ on either way so just hike up your rubber boots and wade through. 

Edited by Echoa

You seemed to misunderstand my point, mastery is almost purely cosmetic from the beginning. The only thing it means is you have leveled stuff up, which you can level every single item in the game on Mercury in sub 200hrs, reach rank 10+ and never have once played T4. I was mastery rank 8 till about 2 months ago (now r10) and I've been playing since beginning of OB. Only reason was I just didnt feel the need to level anything (i had the weapons I liked), because mastery is just flexing your Epeen and saying you leveled stuff.

As I said, its fine to not want those people in your party, its your key, but dont get mad because they do. Its gonna happen, there is no point in complaining about their complaining. Just tell them no, let them $#*(@, ignore it, move on.

I do understand your point. You believe that it is something that divulges nothing about skill in Warframe and is purely cosmetic. The guy who posted above you, and I am here to tell you, you're wrong. Because it does. 

You've also exposed a couple of holes in your statement. While I understand your time frame in leveling up items and getting certain ranks. It has nothing to do with doing well in T4 and my requirements for it. After 200 hours of playing any game you better have an understanding of how the game works enough to do well in a late game mission, otherwise that's dropping the ball on your part.

Meaning that you look like the one who fell behind compared to your peers (mastery rank wise). And yes this means that I could add you solely on MR and get this player who only leveled stuff on Mercury, however, I have a better chance getting through my timed goal in a survival with a bunch of people your rank compared to those who are lowered level.

This is what I don't understand about people who keep defending...err.. whatever it is you're defending; and why it's weird. If you want a game (which i see so many people complaining about) that sets standards to instances and game level, then why are you arguing for equalization. You don't go "Ah, this person is pretty good at basketball so put him on the high school varsity team" You have to put in work and time, just like everyone else to be considered someone who meets the standard. Correct?

And sorry I'm not the type to go "BECAUSE I SAID SO, AND THAT'S FINAL" I'm bringing the weird phenomenon to attention, not simply "complaining about it"

Hosted T4 S with lower ranks before, 4s & 5s, they kicked @@$$!!! So not all are noobs. When you host in pub ... Well ....

Where do people keep getting this notion that I'm calling every one of lower rank noobs? LOL

WHERE PLEASE SHOW ME.

I'm mastery rank 4 using a 3 forma rhino prime with a 4 forma boltor prime and I'm mostly DPS #1 in T4 survivals. I honestly don't care about low/mediocre weapons/stuff and I'm only chasing best of the best in this game and that will hardly put me above mr 6. Damn you dragon nikana being mr 8.

Edit: I'm having a hard time finding T4 Survivals just because of this reason and the only reason why I need it is because of the rare fusion cores. All my mods are lv 5 and got only 3 lv 10 mods, still need 8 more lv 10 mods to max to lv 10. If that is a reason to not invite me then go f yourself.

Edited by Deccode

Where do people keep getting this notion that I'm calling every one of lower rank noobs? LOL

WHERE PLEASE SHOW ME.

When you equated rank with skill in the OP.

When people can't admit that certain instances of the game are meant for players if a certain rank and skill level. 

I'm mastery rank 4 using a 3 forma rhino prime with a 4 forma boltor prime and I'm mostly DPS #1 in T4 survivals. I honestly don't care about low/mediocre weapons/stuff and I'm only chasing best of the best in this game and that will hardly put me above mr 6. Damn you dragon nikana being mr 8.

I'm actually really glad you pointed this out. So  you're a 4 forma Boltor prime and rhino prime wearing player. I am HAPPY FOR YA, however, you are not most players.

I would like to think you know that already, however, I'd like to state it again for emphasis for everyone else who is reading. If you don't mind me asking, how'd you get your boltor prime and rhino prime?

I respect the newbies and often give them advice here and there about stuff they probably shouldn't be doing yet.

Those who decide to frown upon another for being ignorant are elitest; elitest players are the type I stay away from.

For the record. Mostly. All the "elitest" players I've been in towers with turn out to be a morale killer and an utter waste of my time.

I've been in groups where there are high MR players that are utterly useless; huge trolls and once again. A waste of my time.

If I'm looking for something more specific in chat.

I'll specify: Looking for Loki with Radial Disarm Build. etc...

I enjoy taking low level players with me on tower missions unless they're Tower 3 Survival/ Defense.

I don't mind. They're usually a blast to talk to and a much more friendly bunch of guys. Which for the most part is more than I can say for some of you lot.

Edited by Lilliannette

WHERE PLEASE SHOW ME.

This, your OP said it from the beginning

Rank and skill are definitively different and even at 200Hrs there are still people who know very little about this game and how it works, how frames work together, how abilities work in given situations, etc. 

When melee 2.0 came out for a example, a r8 player was saying how it was going to ruin the game and that he didnt want it because melee was fine as is (which was a joke). He was proper rank and everything, yet didnt know enough about the game that he could realize melee was a fat pile of crap.

Rank is an indicator of things you have leveled, while leveling stuff you do get a feel for certain things in the game but you most certainly do not learn the game well because it doesnt require teamwork or anything else but running a mission over and over to do so. You may not be directly stating it but you are looking down upon low ranked players, which you use to be.

Edited by Echoa

I said of a certain rank and skill level. Meaning that you need a certain master rank and skill level to really participate in these as well as you could.

"and" meaning both things. Meaning not one without other, doesn't mean their the same. Yes I equated rank with skill in the mindset that you need them for these instances. I never came out my mouth and said to everyone "don't invite lower ranks into your party because they all suck"

WHERE PLEASE SHOW ME.

Well technically you didn't, but I can read between the lines. Perfectly understand your gripe in this issue. But you correlate rank to skills. I don't agree with that and showing one example, even forgot to tell that one player even use a Karak and still kick @ss.

I respect the newbies and often give them advice here and there about stuff they probably shouldn't be doing yet.

Those who decide to frown upon another for being ignorant are elitest; elitest players are the type I stay away from.

For the record. Mostly. All the "elitest" players I've been in towers with turn out to be a morale killer and an utter waste of my time.

I've been in groups where there are high MR players that are utterly useless; huge trolls and once again. A waste of my time.

I enjoy taking low level players with me on tower missions unless they're Tower 3 Survival/ Defense.

I don't mind. They're usually a blast to talk to and a much more friendly bunch of guys. Which for the most part is more than I can say for some of you lot.

This is another point, I am glad someone has made. I regularly take people into t4's and such regardless of rank. This post was to point out that the ignorance and rage of both the low rankers and the veterans who "defend" them as if I'm attacking their souls. I guess people don't seem to understand that. I also actually act as squad leaders and instruct the people I'm with on what they should/could do to make something go easier.

This is the thing we experienced players SHOULD be doing, and Im glad to say that the majority of players Ive known for a while do this. 

QFT, the only thing elitist attitude does is demoralize newer players, and many of the most reliable players I know are people that once upon a time I took the time to help when they first started. Now they are equal or higher rank to me, and not only enjoy the game but do for others what I did for them. This is how it should be not "hey, I dont want to have to say no to lowbies so they should be ranked locked out"