Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Misses Charge Attacks? Returning Confirmed-Edition + Poll

BoomToon43

I'd be happy with charged combos being added.

Hold E, Hold E, Hold E

That sort of thing.  And it would fit just fine into the existing system.

Or you could look into a two button system... which I would prefer.  Even though the system we have is less than ideal for me, I still think it's fun, it's just damn hard to pull off most of the more complicated combos in combat.

Edited by JokerVictor

Honestly, the way it should be handled is to bring back to old charge attacks for quick melee. Then if you want channeling, you can just pull out your weapon. Glaive weapons can charge throw their weapon for quick melee, i understand why, but why not do this for all the other weapons with the old system? I really hate to see all that old work go to waste to be honest.

Honestly, the way it should be handled is to bring back to old charge attacks for quick melee. Then if you want channeling, you can just pull out your weapon. Glaive weapons can charge throw their weapon for quick melee, i understand why, but why not do this for all the other weapons with the old system? I really hate to see all that old work go to waste to be honest.

This actually makes perfect sense.

Keep stance attacks for when the weapon is wielded.

And just change it so holding "E" with any other weapon equipped does what it used to do.

Perfect, really.

• 2 weeks later...

Idea: We add Charge attacks Back, but only archived by reaching a Rank.10 Stance Mod. Depending on the Stance, different Charge attack Animation.  Extra Damage per rank, say 2-5% each Rank. If the 2-5% Too good for the game, limit the Charge attacks like a cool down time or costs energy/stamina. stops stamina regen for X Time.  I Hope the'll add this, new to this game but just wanting to bring back something i never seen before.

Edited by InsaneGun

Didn't charge attacks just grant 50% more damage than regular melee damage back then? (Excluding charge mods)

We can get the same damage now by hitting five enemies in a short time. You can do it with a single orthos strike.

"But charge damage mods is what made all the difference!"

You now have more slots available to put mods that raise the "quick melee" damage and make up for that. As if this wasn't enough, we got hit multipliers and channeling. Charge is non-sense.

I want this back :(. I don't care about combos, just the animation felt really damn satisfying. You knew that as soon as you let go of the E key the things will die in a gruesome and fun way.

zNMv49m.gif

Please charge...Come back...

It wasn't you, it was me! We can go along like before,I learned from my mistakes... ;-;

(Good gif :) )

Edited by unknow99

I want this back :(. I don't care about combos, just the animation felt really damn satisfying. You knew that as soon as you let go of the E key the things will die in a gruesome and fun way.

Furthermore there was no reason at all for combos and charge attacks not to coexist. If anything it would diversify our melee set further.

Charge attacks cant be too hard to impliment back into the systems as they are. Just add a new "combo" which is only the hold key - variant.

Problem solved.

You know, that wouldn't work. Why? Have you used the Glaive recently. Just trying to throw that thing while in stance is utter BS and at  random times, it will stop working and revert to you needing to double tap. 

zNMv49m.gif

Me, You, Bed, Now, WE love charge attacks for the same reason( and nice gif btw I've loved the scythe charge animation)

Edited by BoomToon43

Me, You, Bed, Now, WE love charge attacks for the same reason( and nice gif btw I've loved the scythe charge animation)

Please charge...Come back...

It wasn't you, it was me! We can go along like before,I learned from my mistakes... ;-;

(Good gif :) )

Please spoil or snip the gif. Scrolling three miles is giving my fingers touchpad burn. :P

Edited by (PS4)theelix

Please be gentle....

PS. Shame i dont have any more gifs like that =[. I remember orthos having a pretty sweet sweep charge attack.

Edited by kiteohatto

I'm in full support of reviving charge attacks.

The combos are neat in theory, but certainly not practical. I, and everybody I know and play with, still play the same way we did before combos were introduced, simply with one less tool (charging) in our arsenal. As such, we actually have *less* options than we did before.

To improve current melee 2.0. I would prefer a 2 button press combo system instead of timing(cause if feels awkward and changes with attack speed mods). The 2 Button press combo could be mapped to keys E and R. Also I think all stances should have a basic combo even when not equipped. The example of this would be Blind Justice stance mod. I think charge attacks would fit in the game in combos but I would prefer if it was only accessible in the middle of a combo and not just straight Charge and Release.

Also another change I would like to see is the ability to use single handed melee weapons along with single pistols. The penalty for being able to do this would remove the ability to channel because we all know you cannot channel with guns. 

Edited by TriggerHappyWhiteGuy

To improve current melee 2.0. I would prefer a 2 button press combo system instead of timing(cause if feels awkward and changes with attack speed mods). The 2 Button press combo could be mapped to keys E and R. Also I think all stances should have a basic combo even when not equipped. The example of this would be Blind Justice stance mod. I think charge attacks would fit in the game in combos but I would prefer if it was only accessible in the middle of a combo and not just straight Charge and Release.

Also another change I would like to see is the ability to use single handed melee weapons along with single pistols. The penalty for being able to do this would remove the ability to channel because we all know you cannot channel with guns. 

Yes to the 2 button system. Can you elaborate on your second idea from a mechanical perspective? The way I'm interpreting it would make it no different than simply using quick melee while gripping a sidearm.

all my upvotes, take them.

I personally didnt get their DE's design choice when even s4 league did a combo-button system...what was so cool for them to choose timing? :/