The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Misses Charge Attacks? Returning Confirmed-Edition + Poll

BoomToon43

Charge attacks were better with damage 1.0. With damage 2.0, this made most weapons useless against some enemies and left most people wanting the highest damaging weapons for their loadout. Melee 2.0 was implemented so people stop using the highest charge attack weapons and diversified gameplay.

Melee 2.0, diversifying gameplay? All it did was change the meta. Instead of the highest charge attack weapons, you take the melee with the highest damage and fastest attack speed (Ichors, Dakra, D.Nikana).

Melee 2.0, diversifying gameplay? All it did was change the meta. Instead of the highest charge attack weapons, you take the melee with the highest damage and fastest attack speed (Ichors, Dakra, D.Nikana).

But now all the weapons are now able to kill enemies over level 20. I would take that over charge damage thanks you,

But now all the weapons are now able to kill enemies over level 20. I would take that over charge damage thanks you,

not were many weapons got dmg buffs, the crimson deverish and claeaving whirlwind stances got buffs to light attacks of long swords and heavy swords, and a few weapons like reaper prime and hate from 50 to 60 and dakra going 55 to 60 and orthos prime going 60 to 63

Edited by BoomToon43

not were many weapons got dmg buffs, the crimson deverish and claeaving whirlwind stances got buffs to light attacks of long swords and heavy swords, and a few weapons like reaper prime and hate from 50 to 60 and dakra going 55 to 60 and orthos prime going 60 to 63

and if you think about it, the galitine was the only weapon that could get to 1k without elementals everything else could get to around 500( 600 jat kittag), and now were here with dragon nikana 2k and dakra prime 4k without elementals.

Edited by BoomToon43

Really who does? I do.

rmqv6f.jpg

It would be awesome to has a mod like that. ^^^

EDIT: i have a post about the polearms have a problem, adding this mod would fix that problem.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/279310-polearms-need-more-wow-put-into-the-combos/#entry3214153

yes +1 OP

Yes. All of my yes. Melee 2.0 is cool, but an option is better.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS

^So much this. We traded apples for oranges in Melee 2.0. I've still yet to hear a good reason that explains why channeling/combos can't coexist with charge attacks.

It had a chance to diversify gameplay. The combo system had potential to do so much more than what charge attacks could possibly do. Each stancew type held CC or single target damage, and the types of weapons suited what type of playstyle you liked best. Charge attacks only classed two types of weapons, ones that were good at charge attacks and ones that were good at regular attacks, and the other weapons were no good.

I nearly fell asleep once during an ODD because all I was doing was charge attacking with the Galatine over and over again.

Warframe needs something better than that. Combos have a long way to go yet but at least they're an actual step in the right direction.

I nearly fell asleep once during an ODD because all I was doing was charge attacking with the Galatine over and over again.

Warframe needs something better than that. Combos have a long way to go yet but at least they're an actual step in the right direction.

Spamming the melee button instead of holding it does change anything, and there is no reason they can't have both.

In my opinion, just like we all have the option to use channel attacks or not, we should also have the option to use charge attacks if we want. So those who like combos or channeling can do that and those who like charging can do that. Those who like doing combos, channeling and charge attacks (like myself) can pick when and where they want to do any of them.

No matter what game there is, the best thing you can ever do to any game is give players options, more options and more options. This way everyone can play the games the way they really like instead of being forced into a particular playstyle.

I for one don't care what kind of bonuses stances add to the galatine, the best thing about the galatine was it's charged attack. It was cool looking as you swung a BigAssSword and cleaved everything in a 360 degree radius around you. Comboing with a big sword like galatine is so clunky and slow feeling that it's not even enjoyable even if it were to do 1 million damage from combos. When I charged a galatine and let it rip, it felt powerful, not just in the massive damage it did but the sound of the swing, the look of the swing and the fact that is how you swing a BigAssSword.

So without the charge attack, galatine is garbage big time. Charge attacks need to come back...Jat Kittag had the most amazing charged attack of any weapon. I'd charge attack just to watch the fireworks LOL.

Edited by Krymanol

Spamming the melee button instead of holding it does change anything, and there is no reason they can't have both.

And what you want ? combos to be done using a S#&$ load of keys ? The spam of charging attacks means you get lock using the same animation over and over again unlike combos.

And what you want ? combos to be done using a S#&$ load of keys ? The spam of charging attacks means you get lock using the same animation over and over again unlike combos.

It depends.

On certain weapons, you simply don't want to charge like Dual Ichors due to berzerk procs and Crimson dervish 300% damage on basic strikes.I t is always nice to have options.

Yeah you get the 300% damage through spinning around with Cleaving Whirlwind, but sometimes I just want a single heavy hit instead of switching out weapons just for spin to win.

Edited by fatpig84

Do you have problems with reading comprehension? I don't think I can be any clearer than:

just have charge attacks work by holding down the melee button when NOT in a stance (i.e. when you have a gun equipped)?

Not to mention, you could allow fast and charge attacks on that can be varied for custom combos.

Edited by (PS4)DesecratedFlame

but the only thing that makes the galitine powerful is the broken bull combo on cleaving whirlwind, which is evermore repetitive. Edited by BoomToon43

imo, there was nothing amazing about charge attacks. They were boring, and were just used to hit harder.

Closest thing to charges for me is that E> Hold E combo with decisive judgement on the nikanas.

The combo system does require some improvements, because there are combos that I myself hate to do..

Maybe there could be measures to control charge attack spamming. 

Bring them back, and they hit for +20% damage, 

or

They hit hard, but consume between 50% stamina to a full stamina reserve.